Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

🎉PloxHost Black Friday 2022 | 45% Off Dedicated - $2.2/GB NVME VPS - & more! DOUBLE BW! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

🎉PloxHost Black Friday 2022 | 45% Off Dedicated - $2.2/GB NVME VPS - & more! DOUBLE BW!

2»

Comments

• @kennsann said:
    Still no server! :angry:

my experience is that they only work on weekdays 9-5 and you need a lot of patience. expect days instead of hours.

• I can't wait to get my server, I contacted them on the 25th about me getting an out of stock server. They replied to me same day about how they are working on it, have been waiting for more news since then. Hopefully we get updated soon. =D

• @Nanja said:
    I can't wait to get my server, I contacted them on the 25th about me getting an out of stock server. They replied to me same day about how they are working on it, have been waiting for more news since then. Hopefully we get updated soon. =D

I went through this before. I created a ticket and no one updated the ticket. What happened is that the server suddenly became "available" on the website a week later. If I hadn't bothered to check the website, I would've dismissed my ticket as being ignored. I don't think the server is "reserved" for you.. you have to go check the website every so often and get it when it becomes available.

• @mosquitoguy said:

@Nanja said:
    I can't wait to get my server, I contacted them on the 25th about me getting an out of stock server. They replied to me same day about how they are working on it, have been waiting for more news since then. Hopefully we get updated soon. =D

I went through this before. I created a ticket and no one updated the ticket. What happened is that the server suddenly became "available" on the website a week later. If I hadn't bothered to check the website, I would've dismissed my ticket as being ignored. I don't think the server is "reserved" for you.. you have to go check the website every so often and get it when it becomes available.

Was it for this company?

• @Nanja said:
    Was it for this company?

yes :)

• NanjaNanja Member
    edited November 2022

@mosquitoguy said:

@Nanja said:
    Was it for this company?

yes :)

So you mean to say... All those hours of me staying awake looking for dedicated server deals... Is me hoping to get one from PloxHost = me not getting one at all?

What bogus is that!?

They should be more direct in response, hey sorry... you won't get a server. Instead of "I'd just like to send you a quick update to let you know that we're still diligently working on your case"

• @Nanja said:
    So you mean to say... All those hours of me staying awake looking for dedicated server deals... Is me hoping to get one from PloxHost = me not getting one at all?

They're ordering new servers, not waiting for an expiration.. So you'll get your server. It's just that if someone else gets your server before you do, you'll have to wait for another order.

• ploxhostploxhost Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2022

@mosquitoguy @Nanja @kennsann
    Hi all. We are working to reply through all of the sales tickets for dedicated servers. We had and still have a very large queue for all of the sales from Black friday.

Just to clarify, we will be sending clients an invoice with the server, then purchasing the hardware. This morning we ordered a bunch of parts for already processed sales orders. They will be delivered later this week.

As for the rest of the orders, we will get to you shortly. Thank you.

Thanked by 1Nanja
  • Invoice #62744

I had many problems with my card to activate paypal. Please, can you please help me with the promotion of doubling the bandwidth. Please. Double Bandwidth Offer ‼

• Order Number: 9130267122

The order just arrived.

• @markd My ticket (#5892668) shows updated last night, but I am not seeing anything that changed, on the ticket or invoices or anything. just want to make sure I'm not missing something on my side.

• Order Number: 6704417389 (ordered 26th Nov)
    Can you give an estimation when server are provisioned?

• My ticket keeps getting "updated" but no one actually replies.

• kennsannkennsann Member
    edited December 2022

First time buying from them. Currently have a bad experience with them, not a good start.

Just to recount the events and issues:
    1. Got my order after 5 days since I ordered it on BF, and only after I opened a ticket.
    2. They sent me the server, but with only 1TB bandwidth not the advertised 4TB bandwidth.
    3. Added the complaint about the bandwidth on the ticket, stating that the base bandwidth was 4TB and pointed them to this thread where it was stated that there is a +500% bandwidth extra and they responded with "All our VPS have a soft limit to prevent abuse. Once you reach 1TB, you simply open a ticket & we raise this for you. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with today."
    4. I replied with that is unacceptable and I want what I paid for and I dont want to open tickets every time I hit that 1TB soft limit. They did oblige to the request, but worth noting that I had to fight for it.
    5. Reinstalled the OS and took forever! Probably over 3 hours to finish installation, I thought oh well. Tried to login, literally took 2mins to SSH into the server vs all my other servers that took <5 secs to login via SSH. Ran apt update, took 5mins. Ran apt upgrade, 1 hour in and its at 47%. LOL. Became apparent it was the disk that was extremely slow! Ran YABS, and that confirms the issue. YABS attached below.
    6. Opened a ticket about the slow disk and probably it will not be answered till after the weekend, and that sucks. So while I wait for that, just wanted to write this initial review about them.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-11-22                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sat 03 Dec 2022 01:34:38 AM CET

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 12 hours, 31 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 0 @ 2.90GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2893.026 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 981.2 MiB
    Swap       : 1023.0 MiB
    Disk       : 18.6 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.4.0-29-generic

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 109.00 KB/s     (27) | 1.05 MB/s       (16)
    Write      | 119.00 KB/s     (29) | 1.16 MB/s       (18)
    Total      | 228.00 KB/s     (56) | 2.22 MB/s       (34)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 6.26 MB/s       (12) | 6.33 MB/s        (6)
    Write      | 7.07 MB/s       (13) | 6.94 MB/s        (6)
    Total      | 13.34 MB/s      (25) | 13.27 MB/s      (12)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 869 Mbits/sec   | 522 Mbits/sec   | 70.4 ms        
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 831 Mbits/sec   | 538 Mbits/sec   | 74.1 ms        
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | busy            | 783 Mbits/sec   | 73.9 ms        
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 783 Mbits/sec   | 298 Mbits/sec   | 165 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 932 Mbits/sec   | 932 Mbits/sec   | 1.13 ms        
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 909 Mbits/sec   | 642 Mbits/sec   | 45.6 ms        
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 858 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 70.1 ms        

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 828 Mbits/sec   | 514 Mbits/sec   | 69.6 ms        
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 818 Mbits/sec   | 544 Mbits/sec   | 72.1 ms        
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 849 Mbits/sec   | 765 Mbits/sec   | 73.9 ms        
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 780 Mbits/sec   | 460 Mbits/sec   | 163 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 922 Mbits/sec   | 919 Mbits/sec   | 0.926 ms       
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 894 Mbits/sec   | 663 Mbits/sec   | 39.9 ms        
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 861 Mbits/sec   | 337 Mbits/sec   | 70.1 ms        

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 522                           
    Multi Core      | 525                           
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/19043724

Edit: Wanted to highlight this was offered as an SSD VPS.

Thanked by 1k4zz
  • JerryPamlJerryPaml Member
    edited December 2022

:neutral:

• I requested a kvm vps, but it appeared pending. I opened a ticket to activate it. After activating it, it only showed me 1TB of bandwidth. I had to open another ticket to match the requested bandwidth.

Since they did not respond I had to buy a vps elsewhere. I tried to request a refund but their policies don't allow it, they told me.

It was not nice.

• ploxhostploxhost Member, Patron Provider

@kennsann said:
    First time buying from them. Currently have a bad experience with them, not a good start.

1. Got my order after 5 days since I ordered it on BF, and only after I opened a ticket.
    2. They sent me the server, but with only 1TB bandwidth not the advertised 4TB bandwidth.
    3. Added the complaint about the bandwidth on the ticket, stating that the base bandwidth was 4TB and pointed them to this thread where it was stated that there is a +500% bandwidth extra and they responded with "All our VPS have a soft limit to prevent abuse. Once you reach 1TB, you simply open a ticket & we raise this for you. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with today."
    4. I replied with that is unacceptable and I want what I paid for and I dont want to open tickets every time I hit that 1TB soft limit. They did oblige to the request, but worth noting that I had to fight for it.
    5. Reinstalled the OS and took forever! Probably over 3 hours to finish installation, I thought oh well. Tried to login, literally took 2mins to SSH into the server vs all my other servers that took <5 secs to login via SSH. Ran apt update, took 5mins. Ran apt upgrade, 1 hour in and its at 47%. LOL. Became apparent it was the disk that was extremely slow! Ran YABS, and that confirms the issue. YABS attached below.
    6. Opened a ticket about the slow disk and probably it will not be answered till after the weekend, and that sucks. So while I wait for that, just wanted to write this initial review about them.

|                      |                     

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 869 Mbits/sec   | 522 Mbits/sec   | 70.4 ms        
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 831 Mbits/sec   | 538 Mbits/sec   | 74.1 ms        
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | busy            | 783 Mbits/sec   | 73.9 ms        
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 783 Mbits/sec   | 298 Mbits/sec   | 165 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 932 Mbits/sec   | 932 Mbits/sec   | 1.13 ms        
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 909 Mbits/sec   | 642 Mbits/sec   | 45.6 ms        
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 858 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 70.1 ms        

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 828 Mbits/sec   | 514 Mbits/sec   | 69.6 ms        
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 818 Mbits/sec   | 544 Mbits/sec   | 72.1 ms        
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 849 Mbits/sec   | 765 Mbits/sec   | 73.9 ms        
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 780 Mbits/sec   | 460 Mbits/sec   | 163 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 922 Mbits/sec   | 919 Mbits/sec   | 0.926 ms       
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 894 Mbits/sec   | 663 Mbits/sec   | 39.9 ms        
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 861 Mbits/sec   | 337 Mbits/sec   | 70.1 ms        

Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 522                           
    Multi Core      | 525                           

We are aware of a node that is currently experiencing speed issues and currently in the process of resolving it. If I had to guess, this is the effect you are seeing, and we are sorry. You will be contacted shortly when we have more information.> @JerryPaml said:

I requested a kvm vps, but it appeared pending. I opened a ticket to activate it. After activating it, it only showed me 1TB of bandwidth. I had to open another ticket to match the requested bandwidth.

Since they did not respond I had to buy a vps elsewhere. I tried to request a refund but their policies don't allow it, they told me.

It was not nice.

Please shoot me a PM and will get this sorted. Sorry about that.

• @markd said:

@kennsann said:

|                      |                     

Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 522                           
    Multi Core      | 525                           

We are aware of a node that is currently experiencing speed issues and currently in the process of resolving it. If I had to guess, this is the effect you are seeing, and we are sorry. You will be contacted shortly when we have more information.> @JerryPaml said:

I requested a kvm vps, but it appeared pending. I opened a ticket to activate it. After activating it, it only showed me 1TB of bandwidth. I had to open another ticket to match the requested bandwidth.

It was not nice.

Please shoot me a PM and will get this sorted. Sorry about that.

Your staff replied to my ticket and this is what he said

Please open 2 terminals, one running apt upgrade & one running top or htop . Then monitor the RAM usage whilst running this. If it is high I'd recommend upgrading your service to one with more RAM.

facepalm

Ive had VPSes that had 512Mb ram and ran apt upgrade with no issues and way faster than the server I received from your service. Is your staff really blaming the ram and forcing me to upgrade? Are you serious? Clearly its the disk speed. :|

PS. I did do what he asked before he even recommended it and I wrote my review here, and ram was fine.

• After days of waiting this host has not resolve the issue. How disappointing.

• Avoid this VPS at all means possible. Slow Response (takes weeks to resolve a simple issue), horrible VPS performance (the VPS' network is intermittent), and high downtime percentage (98% uptime in 30days)