Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inception Hosting - Black Friday offer thread - More than 50% off + extra disk and bandwidth! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inception Hosting - Black Friday offer thread - More than 50% off + extra disk and bandwidth!

Comments

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

So far, the VPS has been pretty solid. Installed AlmaLinux & DirectAdmin, it's performing nice. Haven't done yabs yet as I'm waiting for others to finish first.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2022

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    So far, the VPS has been pretty solid. Installed AlmaLinux & DirectAdmin, it's performing nice. Haven't done yabs yet as I'm waiting for others to finish first.

As it happens, we received some word that the Direct Admin free licenses may no longer be a thing from January 2023; like for all hosts, DA is pulling the plug, any existing licenses will remain active, of course.

Shame, but it had to end at some point.

• @InceptionHosting said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

As it happens, we received some word that the Direct Admin free licenses may no longer be a thing from January 2023; like for all hosts, DA is pulling the plug, any existing licenses will remain active, of course.

This includes the generation of new licenses only if I recall correctly but "pulling the plug" isn't for existing license so they're still receiving updates?

@webcraft said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

This includes the generation of new licenses only if I recall correctly but "pulling the plug" isn't for existing license so they're still receiving updates?

Yeah existing licenses will remain active.

• I have 2 VPS'es for a year now, and they are awesome.
    Was hoping for some decent storage plan for backups, but am sad that there are none :(

@Revaris said:
    I have 2 VPS'es for a year now, and they are awesome.
    Was hoping for some decent storage plan for backups, but am sad that there are none :(

As and when we can do them again, all existing customers (that have opted into marketing) will be informed.

• invoice #91443. how can i active the directadmin ?

@sutichbuon said:
    invoice #91443. how can i active the directadmin ?

Open a ticket with hostname, IP and operating system.

edited November 2022

Just had a good look at the SSD cached KVM nodes and we have some space, I would rather sell much bigger plans on those though where possible so initially I am releasing:

• 8 CPU Cores (Equal Share - E5-2640v4)
    • 16 GB Ram
    • 320 GB Disk space (SSD Cached)
    • 72000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared)
    • 4 x IPv4 address
    • 1 x /64 IPv6
    • Free Direct Admin on request
    • DDOS Protected

€200 /year

3 available

Order link: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/index.php?rp=/store/uk-kvm-virtual-servers/uk-kvm16384

Just select annual payment for the discount.

If there is no interest in these I will slowly split the resources down to the 8GB Plans > 6GB > 4GB or just leave it unallocated beyond that.

Thanked by 1JamesF
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@InceptionHosting said:
    Just had a good look at the SSD cached KVM nodes and we have some space, I would rather sell much bigger plans on those though where possible so initially I am releasing:

• 16 GB Ram
    • 4 x IPv4 address
    • 1 x /64 IPv6
    • DDOS Protected

€200 /year

Not much, but a bit of High End it seems to me.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

@InceptionHosting said:

• 16 GB Ram
    • 4 x IPv4 address
    • 1 x /64 IPv6
    • DDOS Protected

€200 /year

3 available

Order link: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/index.php?rp=/store/uk-kvm-virtual-servers/uk-kvm16384

Just select annual payment for the discount.

If there is no interest in these I will slowly split the resources down to the 8GB Plans > 6GB > 4GB or just leave it unallocated beyond that.

Can you run a yabs please. I would be interested.

• @InceptionHosting said: Yeah existing licenses will remain active.

How will this work in case of reinstall? Are active licenses tied to the IPs or existing installations?

• @Mumbly said:

@InceptionHosting said: Yeah existing licenses will remain active.

How will this work in case of reinstall? Are active licenses tied to the IPs or existing installations?

They're active for one IP address until the server is cancelled. As long as you activate the license again shortly after the reinstall there should be no issue. I think it takes over a month for auto-removal of an unused (means not activated) license.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • Any chance the price got cheaper on cyber monday?

😂

• @add_iT said:
    Any chance the price got cheaper on cyber monday?

😂

lol it's too cheap already, this is the best offer this BF CM IMO
    got 4 mine :D

Thanked by 1nick_
  • add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited November 2022

@sonic said:

@add_iT said:

😂

lol it's too cheap already, this is the best offer this BF CM IMO
    got 4 mine :D

On last year BF/ CM they offering lower price on CM rather than BF but with cut off some spec like storage , etc

• please add Ubuntu 22.04 ISO

• nick_nick_ Member
    edited November 2022

@Samidare said:
    please add Ubuntu 22.04 ISO

You can use the netboot.xyz ISO provided in the panel to install it.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • @nick_ said:

@Samidare said:

It didn't work for some reason.

• @Samidare said:

@nick_ said:

@Samidare said:

Not sure if it's a RAM issue because netboot.xyz will use ram as disk space. If it doesn't work at all, you can still upgrade from Ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04 manually.

Thanked by 1Samidare
  • @nick_ said:

@Samidare said:

@nick_ said:

@Samidare said:

Not sure if it's a RAM issue because netboot.xyz will use ram as disk space. If it doesn't work at all, you can still upgrade from Ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04 manually.

netboot.xyz does need a good amount of RAM, but here it looks like some kind of permissions problem -- strange

@Samidare : If you open a ticket and ask nicely, I suspect that they'll add an ISO for Ubuntu 22.04. Make sure to give the exact link to the server edition. (I'm surprised that the ISO for Ubuntu 22.04 isn't already there)

Thanked by 1Samidare

@add_iT said:

😂

Sure why not, lets really upset everyone that already paid, great for business :) > @Samidare said:

@nick_ said:

@Samidare said:

netboot.xyz iso must be out of date on the node, pop a support ticket in and I will have a look.

Thanked by 1Samidare

@add_iT said:

😂

Sure why not, lets really upset everyone that already paid, great for business :)

Or you can offer cheap upgrades to actual clients... So the upset would be people didn't buy anything :-)

• @risturiz said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@add_iT said:

😂

Sure why not, lets really upset everyone that already paid, great for business :)

Or you can offer cheap upgrades to actual clients... So the upset would be people didn't buy anything :-)

O dear. Isn't this deal good that one yearns greedily for more?

netboot.xyz iso must be out of date on the node, pop a support ticket in and I will have a look.

Aren't these iso's managed centrally so this is everywhere outdated?

• @plumberg said:

O dear. Isn't this deal good that one yearns greedily for more?

I'm old @InceptionHosting client... Trying to bring more people to idle servers with them :-)

@risturiz said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@add_iT said:

😂

hehe, I understand why people think that's an option, but I also understand why so many deadpool and Inception Hosting still exists coming up for 12 years later.

In truth we don't need to do any deals on Black Friday, I usually come up with the deal about 24 hours before they are posted it is not planned at all but we like to take part, to a I test numbers and as long as there is some profit it goes forward.

I see a lot of deals posted year after year that I know for a fact mean 'we need xxx to survive the next few months' I suppose to end users that know how to backup it does not matter, I understand why those deals are appealing.

If I can come up with something special for CM I will, even if its limited numbers I will need to do an audit on the nodes and see what space is remaining after this weekend.

@webcraft said:

@InceptionHosting said:

Aren't these iso's managed centrally so this is everywhere outdated?

You would think so but no, each node has its local ISO store.

• @InceptionHosting said: netboot.xyz iso must be out of date on the node, pop a support ticket in and I will have a look.

It's been resolved, thank you :)

Thanked by 1InceptionHosting

pssssssss.t

Use 47BXWWU99K on any 2GB Ram plan, and select quarterly and the price drops to €9

Tell your friends!

https://inceptionhosting.com/limited-offers.html for links and locations.

Thanked by 1govac8