Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Dedicated Servers] Making BF Cool Again | cPanel 100 User @ $23/m | IPs @ $0.80 | Ryzen + 128G $52 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Dedicated Servers] Making BF Cool Again | cPanel 100 User @ $23/m | IPs @ $0.80 | Ryzen + 128G $52

2»

Comments

• szarkaszarka Member
    edited November 2022

@MrRadic Bummer about your "no cryptocurrency" policy. :( It's obvious why you wouldn't want someone mining on one of your servers, but I don't understand your prejudice against running a Bitcoin or Lightning node (or even an Ethereum validator, for that matter). Glad I read the fine print before clicking buy, I guess. :(

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@szarka said:
    @MrRadic Bummer about your "no cryptocurrency" policy. :( It's obvious why you wouldn't want someone mining on one of your servers, but I don't understand your prejudice against running a Bitcoin or Lightning node (or even an Ethereum validator, for that matter). Glad I read the fine print before clicking buy, I guess. :(

What fine print? We allow crypto, just make sure to choose the "crypto fee" at checkout for any crypto related loads. This fee offsets the increased costs to us that we see on these sort of loads with data center hot spots, abnormal power usage, and a decreased lifetime on hardware.

• @MrRadic said:

@comXyz said:
    How can I order IPv6 during the order process?
    What is the price for /64 IPv6?

1 x ipv6 IP is available free of charge that can be requested after purchase. Anything other will require your own IP space to be announced.

Can the additional IPs v4 be used for Proxmox VMs? I don't find any guidance related to reliablesite and proxmox

• @MrRadic said:

@szarka said:

What fine print? We allow crypto, just make sure to choose the "crypto fee" at checkout for any crypto related loads. This fee offsets the increased costs to us that we see on these sort of loads with data center hot spots, abnormal power usage, and a decreased lifetime on hardware.

What "abnormal power usage"? I have a Bitcoin full node plus a sizeable Lightning node running on a Raspberry Pi, fer cryin' out loud! It's no different than, say, someone hosting a database on one of your servers (and probably generates less traffic).

There's a big difference between mining cryptocurrency (which, yes, generates a lot of heat and will probably kill your GPUs) and running a Lightning node or many other applications in this space. Your servers, your rules. But you're missing out on good potential business with this sort of blanket policy. /me shrugs

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

@MrRadic said:

@mgcAna said:
    Tried couple of RD servers

Fixed!

Thanks but then the one I was looking is gone, was really looking to start using your services this time.

@mgcAna said:

@MrRadic said:

@mgcAna said:
    Tried couple of RD servers

Fixed!

Thanks but then the one I was looking is gone, was really looking to start using your services this time.

Sorry it didn't work out.

@szarka said:

@MrRadic said:

@szarka said:

What "abnormal power usage"? I have a Bitcoin full node plus a sizeable Lightning node running on a Raspberry Pi, fer cryin' out loud! It's no different than, say, someone hosting a database on one of your servers (and probably generates less traffic).

There's a big difference between mining cryptocurrency (which, yes, generates a lot of heat and will probably kill your GPUs) and running a Lightning node or many other applications in this space. Your servers, your rules. But you're missing out on good potential business with this sort of blanket policy. /me shrugs

The blanket policy has to do with customers abusing trust, the typical one person ruining it for everyone. This is off topic though, you're welcome to private message me if you have anything further you want to contribute to that specific topic.

Thanked by 1szarka

Tomorrow is the last day of this offer.

• @MrRadic said:

Can I at least get 5 IPv6 addresses if I buy 5 IPv4 addresses? I use Proxmox and I need the VMs to have both IPv4 and IPv6.

@comXyz said:

@MrRadic said:

Can I at least get 5 IPv6 addresses if I buy 5 IPv4 addresses? I use Proxmox and I need the VMs to have both IPv4 and IPv6.

Choose that option at checkout, then follow the instructions to fill out the justification screen in the welcome e-mail.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited November 2022

Already waiting for the next offer from you and hoping is better. The pre-payments offers are not good for most people, since there has to be a huge amount of trust from the customer side since no refunds will be granted. I would expect anything with a pre-payment such as 6 months, 1 year or two year to at least be compliant with PayPal refund policy of 180 days or at least the first 15 days.

Thanked by 1eva2000
  • mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

Finally was able to grab one I needed, paid for 1 year for a Ryzen with config
    Yes, you do feel some discomfort when you pay long for term but I believe @MrRadic has earned the trust of community. Looking forward for long term relationship and hopefully will keep adding servers from them.

Thanked by 1MrRadic
  • @mgcAna which one?

• @Hxxx said: The pre-payments offers are not good for most people

Well actually ReliableSite is reliable.
    The only reason I didn't get a server was that they don't provide /64 IPv6, prepay 1 or years not the problem

@comXyz said:

@Hxxx said: The pre-payments offers are not good for most people

Well actually ReliableSite is reliable.
    The only reason I didn't get a server was that they don't provide /64 IPv6, prepay 1 or years not the problem

It's possible with your own IPs, but not with ours. It's a limitation of our network design.

• @MrRadic and in theory the customer don't need their own ASN, they can lease that v6 from another provider and you can announce it in your ASN for the customer, correct?

@Hxxx said:
    @MrRadic and in theory the customer don't need their own ASN, they can lease that v6 from another provider and you can announce it in your ASN for the customer, correct?

At this time all announcements need to be on our ASN, we don't offer BGP sessions just yet.