Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a yearly VPS from location Europe or USA any location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a yearly VPS from location Europe or USA any location

Hello,
I need a VPS for one of my client's Projects. We host URL shortener/website redirect services and this VPS will be used as a CDN for clients in the USA and Europe.

We requested a VPS here because we want someone reliable host that can handle abuse complaints from "SpamCops" without headache. They sent complain as "Spamvertied websites" sometimes. And this complaint is received due client's websites and as they use our server as a link shortener to there website/landing pages complain are sent to our server.

We don't host any of the clients website, No content ever of clients. Just a 304 redirect/URL Shortner service. We don't need port 25, No rDNS, No Mail, No DMACA. Just SPAMCOPS!!!!!

Specification:
1/2 core or 1core shared
512mb ram
5gb ssd
100 gb bandwith
100mbps port is fine.
1 Ipv4
Location USA and Europe
Budget 10-12$ a year.

Comments

• bumpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Top provider Multiple US Location Racknerd.com @dustinc , For Europe V.PS and ihostart.com @Calin , Ethernerservers.com @EthernetServers

Thanked by 2Calin bikrama
  • I dont't know exactly what do you mean when you say Spam Cops but i think Mini KVM VPS from vps.hosting is what you need.

@xTom

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello , thanks for mention @ManishPant , you want dedicated IPv4 or shared IPv4?

• @ManishPant said:
    Top provider Multiple US Location Racknerd.com @dustinc , For Europe V.PS and ihostart.com @Calin , Ethernerservers.com @EthernetServers

Thank You @ManishPant i want someone that can tolerate Spamcops spamvertred site reports. We don't send mails so port 25 closed is fine for us.

• @SirNeo said:
    I dont't know exactly what do you mean when you say Spam Cops but i think Mini KVM VPS from vps.hosting is what you need.

@xTom

As i have explained you we have a redirect service using short url basically something like bitly.com, But issue is we some times get abuse complaint about the short url from spamcops as sometimes people use there website to short using our services and do marketing, We don't host anything for clients just a clear redirect but as spamcops complaint are automated they scan for ip in the domain and send complain to isp as the short domain is our and its linked our server ip we get complaint. We need someone that can handle this. We are also ok with less clean IPs.

Hello @bikrama , i m ignore all reports , my recomandation it s for expand budget to 10 euros/month for good protection on us

• @Calin said:
    Hello , thanks for mention @ManishPant , you want dedicated IPv4 or shared IPv4?

We would need a dedicated IPv4, NAT VPS would not work for us.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

If you're paying with crypto, we'll hook you up in Netherlands.

• @Calin said:
    Hello @bikrama , i m ignore all reports , my recomandation it s for expand budget to 10 euros/month for good protection on us

Unfortunately, As this is a new startup project we have limited funds, We can opt for your starter VPS Plan on your website iHostART.Com that is 2.5euro/month will that work?

• @MannDude said:

Thank, Yes i can pay with crypto. Can you send me order link?

Hello @bikrama yes it s possible , please check stock in next 5 days , I m waiting for now for routing new IPv4 subnet and after it s routed we start added lot of new stock

Regards,
    Calin

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@bikrama said:

@MannDude said:

Open a ticket and we'll get you taken care of: https://portal.incognet.io

Thanks.

• @Calin said:
    Hello @bikrama yes it s possible , please check stock in next 5 days , I m waiting for now for routing new IPv4 subnet and after it s routed we start added lot of new stock

Regards,
    Calin

Thank you 🙏

• @MannDude said:

@bikrama said:

@MannDude said:

Open a ticket and we'll get you taken care of: https://portal.incognet.io

Thanks.

Ok, Will that now.

• Is this seems fishy? He might not sending spam from the VPS, but will include shorted URLs (which script is hosted on a VPS) alongside the spam email?

From wikipedia, "SpamCop is an email spam reporting service, allowing recipients of unsolicited bulk or commercial email to report IP addresses found..."

• tetechtetech Member
    edited March 2023

@Dazzle said:
    Is this seems fishy? He might not sending spam from the VPS, but will include shorted URLs (which script is hosted on a VPS) alongside the spam email?

From wikipedia, "SpamCop is an email spam reporting service, allowing recipients of unsolicited bulk or commercial email to report IP addresses found..."

When you file a SpamCop report on a spam email, by default it will look at links in the mail and cc a report to the web site's upstream. Usually this is good, but sometimes not. And of course users just click without following the instructions to review.

This guy is offering a link shortening service which attracts spammers, because they can hide their malware site behind a supposedly legitimate service to help avoid spam filters, but is complaining that his upstream is getting notified when the shortened link is in an email reported to SpamCop.

IMHO (and everyone can disagree) he shouldn't just be absolving himself of responsibility and asking a provider to ignore reports without saying what he himself is doing to stop it being used for malware/ransomware/etc. delivery. Otherwise it just becomes a tool for criminals.

• I know you say spam cops, but isn't the issue more with browsers...I run Tinito.app a url shortener and it's a lot of effort to cut out the malware, phishing crap, although the past couple of years has been pretty good.

• I'm guessing you are looking for a host that is going to ignore abuse reports?