Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


There is a big problem, my VPS is dropping packets globally every 20 seconds, what's going on?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

There is a big problem, my VPS is dropping packets globally every 20 seconds, what's going on?

DesiteDesite Member
edited November 20 in General

I now suspect that it is the MTU setting, and my current MTU is 1400.

Comments

  • Open a ticket with your hosting provider. Very likely there are some networking issues on their end, or possibly a neighbor on the same server that could be hogging bandwidth and causing your packets to drop.

  • DesiteDesite Member
    edited November 20

    @Pwner said:
    Open a ticket with your hosting provider. Very likely there are some networking issues on their end, or possibly a neighbor on the same server that could be hogging bandwidth and causing your packets to drop.

    I've talked with my hosting provider, and they also think MTU issue.

  • Hey, what program is that that you have posted a screenshot of?!

    Thanks!

  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

    @grooveuser said:
    Hey, what program is that that you have posted a screenshot of?!

    Thanks!

    https://ping.pe/

    Thanked by 1grooveuser
  • edited November 20

    @grooveuser said:
    Hey, what program is that that you have posted a screenshot of?!

    Thanks!

    https://ping.pe
    e: too slow

    Thanked by 2grooveuser let_rocks
  • tnx for the (blindingly) quick replies!
    how dod I not know about this until now.
    /me: humbled.

  • Your neighbors abesing the network, kill them!

  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

    @Desite said:
    I've talked with my hosting provider, and they also think MTU issue.

    Maybe consider changing your provider if he blames MTU (in the range of >1000 bytes) for dropping ICMP ping packets (in the size of <100 bytes).

    Thanked by 1emg
Sign In or Register to comment.