Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Somebody that can setup GRE Tunnel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Somebody that can setup GRE Tunnel

Best,

I am new to the whole "network" thing, but I would like to tunnel my /29 subnet (for starters) via gre tunnel suffering from a vps in the Netherlands to a server at itzner.

I already saw this flying by on the forum:
https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/156850/howto-tunnel-ddos-protected-ovh-ip-to-vms-in-other-datacenter/p1

But I get stuck at several points here!
Therefore I am looking for someone to install it for me for an appropriate amount!

I hope one of you guys can help me out!
You can contact me via email ([email protected]) or via discord Tiebienotjuh#3173 or via here of course ;)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• You can do this with wireguard, I find it easier to understand as you're not having to manually setup routes and bridges, and has the added benefit of encryption

• try to check BuyVM guide -
    https://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/gre_tunnel

also maybe @Francisco can help you to setup GRE Tunnel if you wanna GRE Tunnel from his service to another provider.
    long time ago, i paid him on custom invoice i do not remember how much, and he helped me setup the GRE Tunnel, dunno if he remembers that.

• @darkimmortal said:
    You can do this with wireguard, I find it easier to understand as you're not having to manually setup routes and bridges, and has the added benefit of encryption

Do you mind sharing a guide?
    Thank you!

• @Advicerxyz said:
    try to check BuyVM guide -
    https://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/gre_tunnel

also maybe @Francisco can help you to setup GRE Tunnel if you wanna GRE Tunnel from his service to another provider.
    long time ago, i paid him on custom invoice i do not remember how much, and he helped me setup the GRE Tunnel, dunno if he remembers that.

How does this work with a /29 subnet?

• You replace /30 with /29

But TBH, if you can't figure that out, this guide probably isn't for you. You'll need to do some learning, because if you don't understand this guide, when it goes wrong or you make a mistake, you'll have no idea what to do at all.

• @darkimmortal said:
    You can do this with wireguard ... and has the added benefit of encryption

Go with wireguard, recommended for starters

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @bsh said:

@darkimmortal said:

But how does this work with vm software like virtualizor?

• @Tiebienotjuh07 said:

@bsh said:

@darkimmortal said:

But how does this work with vm software like virtualizor?

You'd add the VM subnet to the AllowedIPs on the other end.

I'd suggest trying to set up wireguard first and worry about virtualisation later.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Wireguard for everything, no need to setup different stuff for different servers and usage scenarios, just go with one versatile and open product. Learn once apply unlimited times.

• Does somebody have a tutorial/documentation for me to setup it correctly ?