Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ramnode reviews
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ramnode reviews

It makes no sense to register for an account for the first time and ask for national ID verification with a photo.

like a scam to get customer information. I found Ramnode on this forum, and it was my first time to register an account at their website but they asked me to also give them identification.

Please give your opinion about Ramnode.

Comments

• I was using Ramnode like 8 years ago and they never asked me any identification. I paid via verified paypal. It might be you signed up with VPN IP, or credit card payment where the address in contact information could not match the details of the card. That's just a guess.

• @JasonM said:
    I was using Ramnode like 8 years ago and they never asked me any identification. I paid via verified paypal. It might be you signed up with VPN IP, or credit card payment where the address in contact information could not match the details of the card. That's just a guess.

Same here, using ramnode from ~2013 ish. And they never asked my national ID

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • Ramnode is a very reputable brand but was bought by InMotion some time ago. I definitely don't believe they are trying to harvest your data. Probably an anti fraud measure on their part.

Thanked by 1nessa
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Johncandy1 said:
    It makes no sense to register for an account for the first time and ask for national ID verification with a photo.

like a scam to get customer information. I found Ramnode on this forum, and it was my first time to register an account at their website but they asked me to also give them identification.

Please give your opinion about Ramnode.

They had briefly a spammer problem and you'd be equally upset if their IPs were pure trash. Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too, and everyone has an opinion on the right thing to do, but if you think you can do it better a WHMCS license is a small fee to pay to prove it.

Thanked by 1nessa
  • I’m sure that in the past they do not require ID verification (I was a customer since 2018). They are in the industry for long enough so you should be able to trust them. If not, just move on.

• my ramnode account is quite old as well and never experienced this, but it's not uncommon in the industry these days.

something about your account details likely triggered additional checks. if (like me) you don't give internet peoples images of your id, just find another provider.

Thanked by 1nessa
  • add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited November 2022

Maxmind is sometimes shit

I always had bad experience when using provider that use maxmind

Even when i am using real isp they still mark me as fraud

Some good provider often just passing it and allow me to other after create a ticket

But when they ask for verification id card or other i better move on

Thanked by 1nessa
  • nor did I, and mine is not THAT old... 3 4 years maybe

• I have 3nodes with them without issues.

Thanked by 1nessa
  • the network and the servers are very stable. With the 50% credit bonus its a pretty decent deal.

Thanked by 1nessa
  • The only provider ask my personal id is contabo, so I just gave them my driver license.

Other than contabo, never had a provider requested ID.

• Only time4vps asked for my information and I was able to get a quick pass by providing a credit card with my name on it and covering up some of the numbers.

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited November 2022

All the reputable providers will test your order against fraud rules, MaxMind, etc, then check your ID if not passed. I would be more concerned about the providers who don’t because they will be popular on skid forums, spammers, etc.

RamNode checked my ID about 7 BFs ago and I still have services with them. They are good.

Thanked by 1nessa
  • emgemg Veteran
    Thanked by 1nessa
  • nessanessa Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2022

I hear the concern but I assure you we are not harvesting your private data :) We have several anti-fraud measures that we use for verifying accounts, but if something doesn't match up our staff may ask for ID. I didn't think this practice was entirely unusual (and as far as I'm aware has been going on since the beginning), we're just trying to field the fraud - we get a LOT of it.

• @nessa said:
    I hear the concern but I assure you we are not harvesting your private data :) We have several anti-fraud measures that we use for verifying accounts, but if something doesn't match up our staff may ask for ID. I didn't think this practice was entirely unusual (and as far as I'm aware has been going on since the beginning), we're just trying to field the fraud - we get a LOT of it.

I actually think Ram node is a good provider. I had used em long time ago around 2016.

Thanked by 1nessa
  • nessanessa Member, Patron Provider

@hollowvi1 said:

I actually think Ram node is a good provider. I had used em long time ago around 2016.

Thank ya! Hope to see you back at some point ;)