Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Install Windows ISO on KVM VPS Linux?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Install Windows ISO on KVM VPS Linux?

Hello guys,

I'm a newbie here and want to ask
Currently i have a kvm vps from littlecreekhosting
I do have windows server 2016 iso file with license
Is it possible to install it on my vps?
Would you mind to show how to do it the right way?

Sorry for my bad english since it's not my first language.
Thanks a million LET!

Comments

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

You should probably contact littlecreekhosting support about that.

~ SMARTHOST

• emgemg Veteran

Many KVM VPS providers will mount a .iso file of your choice if you submit a request. The request is made when the customer creates a "support ticket".

Before you start, you should know how to view the console for your VPS. You will use the console to install Windows. The VPS control panel has an option to boot from the CD. After they mount the .iso for you, choose the "boot from CD" option, start the VPS, open the console window, and install Windows.

Microsoft Windows Server licenses have rules about which servers are allowed. I have seen problems with rejected Microsoft licenses, where the error says that the license is not valid for that server hardware. If your Microsoft Windows license is a legally purchased one, you will want to read the license carefully to understand the rules for that license.

Another issue is if you want to move your Windows license to a different server in the future. Moving the license to a different server may not be allowed by Microsoft. Again, read the license carefully.

If the license was not a legally purchased one, then you have already decided to ignore the rules anyway. In that case, your issues are whether the license will work, whether it will continue working, and whether it will continue to work if you move it to a different server in the future.

Microsoft usually allows a 180 day "trial" of Windows Server. It is automatic. If you don't enter the license code during the installation, you can still run Windows for a few days at least. You may want to try that first to make sure your Windows installation will be good, before you activate the Windows license.

Once your installation succeeds, don't wait too long to activate the license. You want to make sure that the license is not rejected because your VPS hardware is not allowed by that license, or for some other reason.

I hope this helps and is easy for you to understand.

Thanked by 3ehab dev077 Patriarch