Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something similar to servaRICA (Lion offer) in Europe, preferably UK...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Something similar to servaRICA (Lion offer) in Europe, preferably UK...

looking for a VPS to run a one user instance of Nextcloud in the EU, preferably in UK.

SSD 300-800GB
4-8GB ram
4 cores
preferably KVM if possible
something like servaRICA looks good but AFAIK they are only in Canada.

Need to host an instance of nextcloud that is synced every minute from my local NAS via rclone for my home security cameras (motioneye). I was using google drive with the built in "upload to cloud" function but that stopped working due to oAuth2 OOB migration. Tried using B2 backblaze but that doesn't work due to the amount of so called Class “C” transactions hitting the daily limit within a few hours, and Dropbox is a bit expensive. I could keep using google drive with rclone but been meaning to try nextcloud for a while.

Comments

• https://contabo.com/en/vps/

Check the storage options as well.

• I did try Contabo, purchased the 800GB SSD storage option, unfortunately the YABS was showing speeds close to what i 'd expect from a microSD not an SSD. I tried installing nextcloud but didn't run all that well so i got the refund. No quibble refund though, which was nice.

Thanked by 1k9banger02
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited November 2022

@nocloud said:
    I did try Contabo (...) microSD not an SSD.

Contabo never changes.

Try netcup https://www.netcup.eu/vserver/vps.php

I had Root Server with them in 2020-2021. 20K read/write 4K IO (40K total) on cheapest one compared to just 1.3K (2.6K total) on Contabo. Sequential read/write ~3GB/s.

VPS line has 1Gbps network 80TB traffic
    Root Server line has 2.5Gbps network 120TB traffic + no throttle on CPU (dedicated vcores).

You can wait for BF, they will likely have like "2x more disk in the same price" type of promotion, BUT they sell out in 1 minute.

Btw Backblaze B2 should work fine, just dont synchronize every minute :P

Thanked by 1nocloud