Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[ST-Hosting] Black Friday Thread 2022 - LXC/KVM Servers, Webspace and a Sneak Peak - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[ST-Hosting] Black Friday Thread 2022 - LXC/KVM Servers, Webspace and a Sneak Peak

2»

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@JabJab said:
    So what is the official CPU policy? You kind avoided that question, TOS (in German, translation) seems to be "if we deemed too high, we can do things" without any % or hard numbers or anything...

This is considered a red flag because provider can arbitrarily terminate service for high CPU.
    I don't buy non storage service from such provider.

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • sthostingsthosting Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2022

@JabJab said:
    So what is the official CPU policy? You kind avoided that question, TOS (in German, translation) seems to be "if we deemed too high, we can do things" without any % or hard numbers or anything...

It's always hard to say. The thing is, the ressources are not dedicated, but of course we've enough servers to cover some 100% load servers. In our TOS we regulate some things we don't allow (mining etc.) but since we calculate very generous with our hardware, we don't run in those problems. The last time we had to cancel a server because of high-load was 1,5 years ago.. So in general thats not a problem. And this user got a refund so he didn't lose anything.

• Can the KVM offer be stacked, double resources in a single VPS?

Thanked by 1sthosting

@itsnotv said:
    Can the KVM offer be stacked, double resources in a single VPS?

Yes that’s on request possible.. just open a ticket for that :)

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2022

@sthosting said: And this user got a refund so he didn't lose anything.

In theory. In practice (s)he was probably forced to find new server ASAP and who knows what kind of [shitty?] deal (s)he got :(. With monthly payments this is kinda okey - you just inform user you won't accept extending service... but the NVMe seems to be yearly (judging from picture), up front and not knowing how much CPU usage is allowed (10%, 50%, 75%) it's hard to judge those offers.

I've seen only good things about you, but then my things are kinda-little CPU intensive and going year upfront and then "asked to move" after 2 months is an annoying thing :)

Anyway those BF KVM NVMes will have bigger plans / stackable too? :D

Thanked by 2yoursunny sthosting
  • Dedicated core or shared on the threadripper ?

Thanked by 1sthosting

@JabJab said:

@sthosting said: And this user got a refund so he didn't lose anything.

In theory. In practice (s)he was probably forced to find new server ASAP and who knows what kind of [shitty?] deal (s)he got :(. With monthly payments this is kinda okey - you just inform user you won't accept extending service... but the NVMe seems to be yearly (judging from picture), up front and not knowing how much CPU usage is allowed (10%, 50%, 75%) it's hard to judge those offers.

I've seen only good things about you, but then my things are kinda-little CPU intensive and going year upfront and then "asked to move" after 2 months is an annoying thing :)

Anyway those BF KVM NVMes will have bigger plans / stackable too? :D

I think thats a challenge, 99% the hosters are fighting :D - so as I said, we've enough ressources to cover 99% from those situations :)

Yes the NVMe's are stackable too but they are in total strictly limited to 50 Servers (That's a reason we don't have a lot of situations like this you mentioned, we don't overbook our systems :D )

@Ght said:
    Dedicated core or shared on the threadripper ?

The Cores are always shared on our VPS Products :)

• Thanks for these offers :) , any deal(s) on storage VPSs also coming soon by any chance?

Thanked by 1sthosting

@gio said:
    Thanks for these offers :) , any deal(s) on storage VPSs also coming soon by any chance?

Sorry, there are no storage vps deals planned yet :/

Thanked by 1gio
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Any dedis for BF?

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • Using ST for few month and so far had no problems at all.

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • Any chance for a tiny LXC container for personal VPN usage?

Thanked by 1sthosting

@Arkas said:
    Any dedis for BF?

Sorry not planed yet, we've one dedicated server left.. The only thing we can do is a one-time 20% voucher for the first month if you're interested?

@Kodis said:
    Using ST for few month and so far had no problems at all.

Thank you for your Feedback :)

@d0m1234 said:
    Any chance for a tiny LXC container for personal VPN usage?

Sorry not planed yet :/

• I have a 2021 Black Friday kvm.could it be changed to a 500M network? The hardware is very good, but the 200M network is indeed a bit slow

Thanked by 1sthosting

@Ashin said:
    I have a 2021 Black Friday kvm.could it be changed to a 500M network? The hardware is very good, but the 200M network is indeed a bit slow

Sure, just open a support ticket :)

Thanked by 1Ashin
  • 2x Silver cheaper than gold, oh :o
    A dedi comes closer to BF NVME.

• @reizhi said:
    KVM BF2021 Gold was 4.16, nice offer.

yeah

• could you please provide more info about your ddos protection?

@mikelucky said:

@reizhi said:
    KVM BF2021 Gold was 4.16, nice offer.

yeah

Yes it's the same offer as last year :)

@sonic said:
    could you please provide more info about your ddos protection?

We are using an arbor ddos protection which works up to several 100 gbit/s :)
    We've a full access on that, so there wasn't a problem with it yet :)
    You can find more informations here: https://signaltransmitter.de/en/datacenter

• BF Deal is up, but all others are selled out, right?

edited November 2022

@ascicode said:
    BF Deal is up, but all others are selled out, right?

Yep :)

Our deal is now up! Grab one :)

https://signaltransmitter.de/en/black-friday

• ttlovettlove Member
    edited November 2022

The server has not been created yet

It's ok now

@ttlove said:
    The server has not been created yet

It's ok now

Sorry we had a small problem in our automatic order queue. We've fixed that :)

We've just 5 systems left :) Hurry if you want one :)

• @sthosting said:

You had better deal in 2021, I'm happy that I still have it :)

@rimvydukas said:

@sthosting said:

You had better deal in 2021, I'm happy that I still have it :)

Hehe, thanks for the feedback ;) - Yep NVMe Space is still a little expensive

• Excuse me, this is a recurring discount, right? I read in hostloc that someone said that the price will go up for renewal?

@ttlove said:
    Excuse me, this is a recurring discount, right? I read in hostloc that someone said that the price will go up for renewal?

Yes, all our special offers are with a fixed price. If we're promoting a one-time discount we will say that seperatly ;)

• I thought I'd asked this before, but maybe I never actually clicked post, or maybe it was in a different thread...

But I've certainly wondered this before about ST... are these dedicated cores or shared? I presume shared, or you'd mention dedicated, but it also says "no overbooked Hostsystems" which suggests not shared.

• @sthosting said:

@ttlove said:
    Excuse me, this is a recurring discount, right? I read in hostloc that someone said that the price will go up for renewal?

Yes, all our special offers are with a fixed price. If we're promoting a one-time discount we will say that seperatly ;)

Very good, already in use, good performance :D I like it.

@ralf said:
    I thought I'd asked this before, but maybe I never actually clicked post, or maybe it was in a different thread...

But I've certainly wondered this before about ST... are these dedicated cores or shared? I presume shared, or you'd mention dedicated, but it also says "no overbooked Hostsystems" which suggests not shared.

These cores are shared, but we've always enough hostsystems that we can guarantee, that you don't have CPU steal or something like that :)

@ttlove said:

@sthosting said:

@ttlove said:

Very good, already in use, good performance :D I like it.

Thank you for your feedback ;)

Thanked by 1ralf