Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ClouDNS price hike - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ClouDNS price hike

2»

Comments

• @kmsn said:
    EntryDNS is another affordable option. If you don't need the features on their Pro plan, you only need to pay a one time $15 registration fee.

I've always been intrigued by EntryDNS but haven't found anyone who have actually used it. Do you have first hand experience with their services? How was it?

• @pullangcubo said:

@kmsn said:
    EntryDNS is another affordable option. If you don't need the features on their Pro plan, you only need to pay a one time $15 registration fee.

I've always been intrigued by EntryDNS but haven't found anyone who have actually used it. Do you have first hand experience with their services? How was it?

I have account with them. Made by fellow Lithuanians. Clunky UI, but the service works.

• @pullangcubo said:

@kmsn said:

Used it even long before they did the $10 $15 buy-in. Never had a problem that I can remember except for the short timespan of constant DDoS attacks which prompted them to start charging the one-time fee. Supposedly as a method to prevent the type of people which caused those DDoS attacks back in the day.

They sent an email over this, but I have long deleted it, otherwise I'd post it. If my memory serves correct, it wasn't that EntryDNS was being attacked themselves, but that some domains they hosted were being attacked and caused an abundance of requests they couldn't handle. Supposedly.

After the buy-in I used siel.si for a while but ended back with entry. Now siel.si charges for DNS service under resolve.si and is only for EU nationals.

• dnsmanager costs 12 EUR/month.

Apologies, I must have a free account from early on when they started. Didn't realise they had started charging :-) There are better options at that price for sure.

• @LTniger said:
    I have account with them...

@MrMonkey said:
    Used it even long before they did the $10 $15 buy-in....

Thanks for these!

• Some good suggestions! Thank you all.