Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

#CryptoCrash: Sam Bankman-Fried No Longer a Billionaire After $14.6B Wipe-out: Bloomberg
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

#CryptoCrash: Sam Bankman-Fried No Longer a Billionaire After $14.6B Wipe-out: Bloomberg

The FTX CEO lost an estimated $14.6 billion dollars – nearly 94% of his total wealth – according to the Bloomberg Billionaire Index.

FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried has vanished from the Bloomberg Billionaires Index after his estimated personal wealth plummeted nearly 94% to $991.5 million in a single day.

https://www.coindesk.com/business/2022/11/09/sam-bankman-fried-no-longer-a-billionaire-after-146b-overnight-wipe-out/

#BigMoney

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

The last shoe to fall?

• Glad I sold out during the weekend at 21,3k. Happy days.

Thanked by 1Tony40
  • Only $991.5 million. Sad days indeed.

• I can donate $7 to help.

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • Thanked by 1ehab

How can anyone trust any of these centralized exchanges at this point?

• @jbiloh said:

You can't unless you're suicidal, the implosion of Celsius(and other places even before it like MtGox lol) should have taught anyone that. If you're not holding your crypto on devices or keys that only you control it's not your crypto.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited November 2022

#tinyviolin

Ftx going down in flames. Here comes bankruptcy.

• Damn I remember last year BTC was $60k

• I feel like crypto will eventually find a stable ground. There will always be a use for it and always people who accept it as payment.

I lost about $7k while sleeping last night :p

Thanked by 1Hayashima
  • Bloomberg reported the FTX exchange faces an $8 billion shortfall.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sbf-warns-ftx-investors-bankruptcy-220459314.html

• "Apparently all El Salvador's official bitcoin holdings were on FTX."

• @Tony40 said:
    "Apparently all El Salvador's official bitcoin holdings were on FTX."

On a scale of 0 to 10 of bad ideas, El Salvador's move to Bitcoin is 11.

• @SteveMC said: El Salvador's move to Bitcoin is 11.

Maybe, but those powdered BTCs was consumed like crazy. Everything comes and goes. Look at facebook, it's going downhill so rapid. Unimaginable level. 11k employees laid off, Zuck in tears. BTC the same: there was a start, there was a golden age and here we are at the end of an era. Sad, but interesting what comes next.

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • ‘I’m sorry, I f****d up.’ Sam Bankman-Fried needs $4 billion. Fast

Sam Bankman-Fried is on a race to secure $4 billion to save FTX, after rival Binance ditched its 11th-hour bid to buy the collapsing crypto exchange.

Bankman-Fried reportedly told investors on Wednesday evening that FTX is facing a shortfall of funds up to $8 billion and is in danger of bankruptcy if the company doesn’t receive at least $4 billion to stay solvent, according to ..

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/m-sorry-f-d-sam-131252644.html

• FTX is basically Fried.

• easy come easy go.

• @SteveMC said:

@Tony40 said:

That was a fake report, but El Salvador’s BTC gimmick was indeed a waste of public funds.

• @Setsura said:

@jbiloh said:

You can't unless you're suicidal, the implosion of Celsius(and other places even before it like MtGox lol) should have taught anyone that. If you're not holding your crypto on devices or keys that only you control it's not your crypto.

But still fine for smaller amounts I think. Sometimes convinient.

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited November 2022

People kept fiat and crypto on FTX for active trading not for storing it in some Bahamian-regulated bank.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Spot the difference LUNA project owner and Sam Ex FTX CEO manager? He used customers funds to gamble unfortunately to me it’s a scam, so the answer to my question both scammers

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @SteveMC said:

@Tony40 said:

Well, it's not 11 if they created their own exchange.

• My bank likes to always remind me of having insurance so my money is safe.

Do any of these fucking exchanges have insurance?

• I wish my net worth dropped to 991.5 million.

• FTX files for bankruptcy, Bankman-Fried steps down

"I'm really sorry, again, that we ended up here," Bankman-Fried, a former crypto billionaire, said in a Twitter post that went out soon after the filing announcement.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ftx-bankruptcy-bankman-fried-steps-down-150838412.html

• Storing crypto on exchange site, i never feel its acrually crypto. Crypto should store on a hardware device that never be accessible without me.

• another one bites the dust....

• Halo11Halo11 Member
    edited November 2022

991.5 million... basically a peasant. How will he survive?!! He should start a GoFundMe