Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


β€Ί How to Setup Domains Nameserver ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

How to Setup Domains Nameserver ?

How to Setup Domains Nameserver ?

Comments

  • NanjaNanja Member

    This is a very broad question.
    Can you elaborate? Someone might be able to help you easier if they knew more about the question.

    Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • just do it

  • ralfralf Member

    @SnowStylez said:
    How to Setup Domains Nameserver ?

    apt-get install bind9

  • melp57melp57 Member
    edited November 8

    Use hestiacp (server control panel)so easy and extremely stable.

  • tjntjn Member

    Rough guide:

    • Get at least 2 VPS's (prefferably 2 different locations and providers)
    • Configure glue records with your domain registrar for ns1 and ns2 to the ipv4's of your VPS's
    • Select and install your DNS server of choice (eg: BIND, PowerDNS, cPanel DNS only, DirectAdmin, Hestia, Technitium)
    • Start resolving!

    Personally, I outsource all my DNS needs to ClouDNS.net and sync control panels like DA and cPanel to it. Unless you have hundreds of thousands of zones, it's cheaper / same price than managing your own DNS cluster with a 100x less headache.

    Thanked by 1Hayashima
  • Add custom name servers:

    (i). On your computer, sign in to Google Domains.
    (ii). Click your domain name.
    (iii). At the top left, click Menu.
    (iv). At the top of the page, click Custom name servers.
    (v). In the β€œName Servers” field(s), enter a custom name server.
    (vi). Click Save.

  • raviravi Member

    1) You can install any DNS server of your hosting server like: BIND

    2) You can use any free or paid hosting control panel like: VestaCP, Hestia, DirectAdmin etc. If will install and configure DNS server for you.

    3) Use any third party DNS providers like CloudFlare etc.

  • suutsuut Member

    Use Google.

  • Preety easy on Namecheap.

    Domain settings > Advanced DNS > Personal DNS Server > Register Nameserver > Add Nameserver

    point your ns.domain to your IP, done

    i guess it's similiar setup with google domains

  • @ElonBezos said:
    Preety easy on Namecheap.

    Domain settings > Advanced DNS > Personal DNS Server > Register Nameserver > Add Nameserver

    point your ns.domain to your IP, done

    i guess it's similiar setup with google domains

    @ElonBezos said:
    Preety easy on Namecheap.

    Domain settings > Advanced DNS > Personal DNS Server > Register Nameserver > Add Nameserver

    point your ns.domain to your IP, done

    i guess it's similiar setup with google domains

    It's nameserver registration process, not dns management

  • emgemg Member
    edited November 9

    The question is ambiguous. We do not know which question @SnowStylez is asking:

    • How do I install and configure a DNS server (e.g., on a VPS) to be the nameserver for my domains?
    • My domain name registration requires me to enter nameservers for my domain. What do I do next?

    Well, @SnowStylez, which question are you asking?

  • Usually I add my domain to Cloudflare and manage Records from the CF Dashboard. You can find countless guides on how to add NS records for various registrar on Google.

  • emgemg Member

    @niranjan said:
    Usually I add my domain to Cloudflare and manage Records from the CF Dashboard. You can find countless guides on how to add NS records for various registrar on Google.

    The problem is that we are not sure what the OP (@SnowStylez) wants. Do they want a ready-to-use DNS server, or help installing and configuring their own DNS server?

    Like @niranjan, I use Cloudflare's DNS server, which is free for anyone to use. There are other free and paid DNS services if you don't like Cloudflare. The domain registrar includes a free DNS server, too.

    niranjan's answer won't help if the question the OP asks is, "How do I install a DNS server on a VPS? It will be the nameserver for my domain."

    Thanked by 1niranjan
  • @emg said:

    @niranjan said:
    Usually I add my domain to Cloudflare and manage Records from the CF Dashboard. You can find countless guides on how to add NS records for various registrar on Google.

    The problem is that we are not sure what the OP (@SnowStylez) wants. Do they want a ready-to-use DNS server, or help installing and configuring their own DNS server?

    Like @niranjan, I use Cloudflare's DNS server, which is free for anyone to use. There are other free and paid DNS services if you don't like Cloudflare. The domain registrar includes a free DNS server, too.

    niranjan's answer won't help if the question the OP asks is, "How do I install a DNS server on a VPS? It will be the nameserver for my domain."

    By stalking OP's profile, it seems that he should know about DNS, πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

  • emgemg Member

    @niranjan said:

    By stalking OP's profile, it seems that he should know about DNS, πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

    With a link to sell hosting services in their signature, I agree - they should know about DNS. It begs the question: Why did they create this thread? Spam? Trolling?

  • @emg said:

    @niranjan said:

    By stalking OP's profile, it seems that he should know about DNS, πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

    With a link to sell hosting services in their signature, I agree - they should know about DNS. It begs the question: Why did they create this thread? Spam? Trolling?

    highly makes me want to open a thread on how to setup a server

  • @emg said: With a link to sell hosting services in their signature, I agree - they should know about DNS.

    It's just affiliate url where he receive a commission for each visit, signup or sale he generate for a host.

  • emgemg Member

    @Mumbly said:

    It's just affiliate url where he receive a commission for each visit, signup or sale he generate for a host.

    I'm not against earning commissions, but I think it is reasonable that you should understand the basics of what you are selling. If you are selling hosting services, then you should understand enough about DNS to make this thread unnecessary.

    We are wasting our time here. This thread is not about getting help. The OP did not bother to respond to basic questions after their initial post.

  • @FatGrizzly said:

    @emg said:

    @niranjan said:

    By stalking OP's profile, it seems that he should know about DNS, πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

    With a link to sell hosting services in their signature, I agree - they should know about DNS. It begs the question: Why did they create this thread? Spam? Trolling?

    highly makes me want to open a thread on how to setup a server

    Lmao,

Sign In or Register to comment.