Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leaseweb Germany raises prices by 8%
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Leaseweb Germany raises prices by 8%

drivexdrivex Member
edited November 2022 in Providers

Came into my inbox today. Most likely Netherlands soon too.

Dear Customer, 

Leaseweb would like to inform you of the following fee adjustments as a result of the increasing volatility in the energy market leading to unprecedented price increases, coupled with rising inflation – which are beyond our control. These price adjustments will be effective from 2023, and are in line with our B2B Sales Terms and Conditions: 

4% annual service fee indexation to be implemented on the anniversary of your contract’s start date – applicable to all services except Software and Domains 

In addition, 4% energy fee adjustment will be implemented to all service fees on January 1, 2023 – applicable to all services except Software and Domains 

Only applicable for limited set of customers that use cPanel or Plesk software, a fee adjustment based on new prices from the software vendors from January 1, 2023 

1. Annual Service Fee Indexation 
    The consumer price index (CPI) has increased to 10% in Germany as of September 2022. After carefully evaluating all factors, we have decided to limit the indexation to 4%.  

This service fee indexation will be implemented on the anniversary of your contract’s start date. We will notify you when your invoice is adjusted – listing the details of those service(s) that completes one/more year(s) on that month. For detailed information on how this works, please see this article on our Knowledge Base.  

2. Global Energy Crisis Affecting Us All 
We have all been impacted by the unprecedented rise and volatility in energy costs. Wholesale power prices for December 2022 delivery in Germany have increased from €182 MWh in January 1, 2022, to €312 MWh as per October 25, 2022.  

Unfortunately, our third-party data center providers have announced to us a substantial increase of power costs for 2023. While we are absorbing a major part of this price increase ourselves to lessen the impact on you, we are compelled to pass on a small part of this increase to the fees of all your services. We keep this increase to 4%, and the increased fees will be effective from January 1, 2023.   

1. Third-party software fee increase (if applicable) 
    As you may have read on the different industry platforms, cPanel and Plesk have announced an increase to their prices effective January 1, 2023. We have passed on this increase to the license fees. Therefore, only if you use cPanel or Plesk, the following new rates will be effective from January 1, 2023.   
    cPanel License 
    New price in EUR   
    Admin (max 5 accounts) 
    Pro (max 30 accounts) 
    Premier 100 (max 100 accounts) 
    Premier 150 (max 150 accounts) 
    Premier 200 (max 200 accounts 
    Premier 250 (max 250 accounts) 
    +50 Additional Accounts 

Plesk License 
    New price in EUR   
    Parallels Plesk Panel Web Admin 
    Parallels Plesk Panel Web Admin (VPS) 
    Parallels Plesk Panel Web Pro 
    Parallels Plesk Panel Web Pro (VPS) 
    Parallels Plesk Panel Web Host 
    Parallels Plesk Panel Web Host (VPS) 
    Parallels Plesk Panel 
    Parallels Plesk Panel (VPS) 
    Parallels Plesk Panel Unlimited Domains 

We do not take this decision lightly, but the volatility in the energy markets and inflation are beyond our control. We need to continue investing to bring you reliable cloud hosting services. We understand that this situation is challenging for everyone, but we believe that we still offer a fair value as we absorb a substantial part of the increases ourselves.  

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by creating a ticket from the Leaseweb Customer Portal. We are always happy to help.  

Best regards,  

Marcus Busch,  
Managing Director,  
Leaseweb Deutschland GmbH 

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I just got the email as well.

• "We do not take this decision lightly" :D , yea, the fairy tale is real. LW has lived its glorry, now it is an empty corporate shell without any soul. Dump and move along.

Thanked by 1drivex
  • @LTniger said:
    "We do not take this decision lightly" :D , yea, the fairy tale is real. LW has lived its glorry, now it is an empty corporate shell without any soul. Dump and move along.

Like most of big brands, even Hetzner became soulless in recent days. As long as my cheap dedi still works i don‘t care about their outsourced indian support team :wink:

• All i can say, fck Germany, oh and also fck Hetzner 😂

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

This is a problem not only for LeaseWeb or only for Germany. Due to various logistical problems, the price has increased anywhere. In 2023, prices will only be higher. But this is more true for businessmen. Ordinary consumers can fly from one place to another quickly and without large investments.

• What does servers and flying have in common?

• @drivex said:
    What does servers and flying have in common?

Banned in Russia.

Thanked by 3M66B drivex vimalware
  • Leaseweb Netherlands hikes exactly the same.

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

@drivex said:
    What does servers and flying have in common?

We have an idiom in Russian "flutters like a bird", in English I have not found a similar idiom, perhaps it is "the consumer is free like a bird" - i.e. he moves between hosts like a bird. Of course, if you are in business and you have a lot of servers under one hoster, it will be a big problem when you need to move to another hoster for some reason.

• PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep

4% service fee and 9% energy fee increase in SG :)
    Got the email in the morning.

Thanked by 1Dazzle
  • i got this email 2 days ago, i hope renewable energy in asia will be bloom soon but it seems something goes up never go down lol

• @PUSHR_Victor said: 4% service fee and 9% energy fee increase in SG

yup got same email. but why are they increasing prices in SG?