Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlmaLinux OS 9, Rocky Linux OS 9, CentOS Stream 9 Now Available on RackNerd's Platform!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlmaLinux OS 9, Rocky Linux OS 9, CentOS Stream 9 Now Available on RackNerd's Platform!

dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Today, we’re proud to announce that AlmaLinux OS 9, Rocky Linux OS 9, and CentOS Stream 9 OS templates are now live and available on RackNerd’s VPS platform! :) We realize that not many providers currently offer these as a ‘ready to go’ template that you can deploy with instantly, and we also acknowledge that it isn’t convenient to have to manually install an ISO over VNC, so if you're interested in reinstalling your VPS, we now have these OS templates available for you to reinstall within just a few clicks of a button.

Existing RackNerd VPS customers can reinstall their virtual machine to any of these new OS templates via the SolusVM control panel (see #6 on this tutorial). In addition to this, we have plenty of other supported operating systems on our platform, such as various versions and variants of CentOS, Debian, and Ubuntu. And of course, we offer custom ISO mounts for those who wish to manually install their operating system without the use of a predefined OS template.

Have you used AlmaLinux OS 9, Rocky Linux OS 9, or CentOS Stream 9 on any of your servers yet? If you're already running any of these three OS's, share your thoughts & feedback below!

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2022

Surprised this is news, should be standard. Congratulations!

• Seems someone else logged in to dustinc's account. Afaik he never forgotten to put "CLICKBAIT" or "GIVEAWAY" on the title.

Thanked by 1emg
  • DesiteDesite Member
    edited November 2022

I haven't used RackNerd, and I'm looking forward to buying it. :D
    But too bad I paid off my mortgage this month. :'(

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Awesone dustinc

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Your OS choices have been doubled.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@MikeA said:
    Surprised this is news, should be standard. Congratulations!

Hi @MikeA -- agreed, but the reality is it isn’t, and many VPS providers do not have today (such as those running on SolusVM 1). I do realize other panels such as VirtFusion and SolusVM 2 run based on cloud-init / cloud images though, which do easily have support for it out of the box :)

@mrs92 said:
    Seems someone else logged in to dustinc's account. Afaik he never forgotten to put "CLICKBAIT" or "GIVEAWAY" on the title.

@mrs92 -- Hahaha — the same ol creative me still is here :) hope all is well with you.

@Desite said:

Hi @Desite -- appreciate your interest in our services and we also hope to work with you soon :)

Check out our latest specials here (they won't break the bank!): https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/182232/story-time-one-one-dot-one-one-nvm-just-check-this-out/p1

• RackNerd is always very active in supporting new systems. :)

Thanked by 1dustinc

@logaritse said:
    Awesone dustinc

Hi @logaritse -- appreciate the support 👊 Happy to see you like our new AlmaLinux OS 9, Rocky Linux 9, and CentOS Stream 9 OS templates.

• @dustinc said:

@Desite said:

Hi @Desite -- appreciate your interest in our services and we also hope to work with you soon :)

Check out our latest specials here (they won't break the bank!): https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/182232/story-time-one-one-dot-one-one-nvm-just-check-this-out/p1

Haha, I'm looking forward to using RackNerd too, I just paid off my mortgage and a shopping gift for my wife today, I have $6 left on my credit card, the money is managed by my wife :# The day after tomorrow, I asked my wife for money and immediately bought RackNerd. o:)

@suut said:
    RackNerd is always very active in supporting new systems. :)

Thank You for the support and for recognizing that @suut -- we do our best to make sure our customers have access to the latest OS selections.

@Desite said:

@dustinc said:

@Desite said:

Haha, I'm looking forward to using RackNerd too, I just paid off my mortgage and a shopping gift for my wife today, I have $6 left on my credit card, the money is managed by my wife :# The day after tomorrow, I asked my wife for money and immediately bought RackNerd. o:)

Hi @Desite -- Congrats on paying off the mortgage, that’s a huge accomplishment! What a great way to celebrate, splurge on the wife :) Well deserved, both of you keep crushing it.

We appreciate the upcoming business too! Growth never goes unnoticed, we enjoy seeing our customers scale.

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited November 2022

Will try AlmaLinux 9.
    Just recently ditched centos 7 for new AlmaLinux 8 and it rocks!!!

any chances of RackNerd upgrading to SolusVM 2?

edited November 2022

@JasonM said:
    Will try AlmaLinux 9.
    Just recently ditched centos 7 for new AlmaLinux 8 and it rocks!!!

any chances of RackNerd upgrading to SolusVM 2??

Hi @JasonM -- AlmaLinux is definitely a solid choice :)

Transitioning over to SolusVM 2 is definitely planned for 2023 once the migration tool from V1 to V2 is available. We have a video here that goes over this subject in greater detail:

In the meantime, we're working closely with SolusVM developers to perfect SolusVM 2.0 so that by the time we transition over, it'll be perfect for our use-case and our customers :) We shared some feedback/progress here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/182028/solusvm-2-0-feedback-our-thoughts-findings-and-what-is-in-the-pipeline

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • Congrats ! Hope you can expand your vps location to broader part of world (especially Asia).

@Liso said:
    Congrats ! Hope you can expand your vps location to broader part of world (especially Asia).

Thank You @Liso -- appreciate the support, in terms of another location — what location sparks your interest?

• Nothing New here. I see these OS's on many providers.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@suut said:

Every provider does update their template library, if not the customer has option to upload own ISO file so no limits, so your comment invalidate the offer to get double amount of cooling fresh air on your VM 😂😂😂😂

• @WebProject said:

@suut said:

Every provider does update their template library, if not the customer has option to upload own ISO file so no limits, so your comment invalidate the offer to get double amount of cooling fresh air on your VM 😂😂😂😂

I still can't see ubuntu 22.04 on some providers.😂😂😂😂

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @dustinc said:
    ...in terms of another location — what location sparks your interest?

Europe, especially Scandinavia, and with ipv6. I would easily drop a bunch of other providers and move to RackNerd if this would happen.

I will never understand why so many providers still open new locations in the US, it is a totally oversaturated market.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @suut said:

@WebProject said:

@suut said:

I still can't see ubuntu 22.04 on some providers.😂😂😂😂

It's just because they prefer Debian to Ubuntu. And I also have the same opinion with them. B)

• @dustinc said:

@Liso said:
    Congrats ! Hope you can expand your vps location to broader part of world (especially Asia).

Thank You @Liso -- appreciate the support, in terms of another location — what location sparks your interest?

kr and jp

• emgemg Veteran

Just a few notes to share about Racknerd:

I have had a Racknerd VPS since July. It has run flawlessly and been a great value for the cost. My Racknerd VPS is so much better than the much more costly VPS it will replace in terms of cores, RAM, and disk at half the cost. Based on my experience with my Racknerd VPS, I would recommend them in a heartbeat as a great service.

I tried several of Racknerd's preconfigured templates and also asked them to mount an .iso for me to boot and perform my own installation. Both worked perfectly, and the ticket to mount the .iso was implemented and closed quickly.

That's the good news. The bad news is that @dustinc (Racknerd's CEO) has been charged with several serious criminal felonies associated with a previous employer in the hosting business. Dustin pleaded not guilty. The charges are being processed by a judge, prosecutors, and attorneys in the courtrooms. The next conference is one week from tomorrow. Dustin has stated that the criminal charges against him are independent and the Racknerd business will continue operations no matter what, but some people remain skeptical. If you look around this website, you will find threads discussing the case and many related topics. I am not saying "buy" or "don't buy" from Racknerd. If you sign up for a Racknerd VPS, do it with full knowledge and understanding.

Thanked by 1Liso
  • @dustinc said: Transitioning over to SolusVM 2 is definitely planned for 2023 once the migration tool from V1 to V2 is available. We have a video here that goes over this subject in greater detail:

thanks. watching it.

• BYOL Windows when?