Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Cheapest Windows VPS (Max 4$ or less per month)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Cheapest Windows VPS (Max 4$ or less per month)

crestcrest Member
edited November 2022 in General

Just use to run some javascript (chrome dev console) on the website to automate the betting site. I need the cheapest available windows VPS and able to access the website (bc.game). Max 4$ or cheaper per month.

Comments

• I don't think you'll get any! Just think about windows server license pricing.

• Why not Linux? Chrome is available for Linux as well.

Thanked by 2yoursunny AXYZE
  • @8dev said:
    Why not Linux? Chrome is available for Linux as well.

Oh ya. Never thought that. any idea where can I find cheap Linux server with GUI?

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

@crest said:
    Just use to run some javascript (chrome dev console) on the website to automate the betting site. I need the cheapest available windows VPS and able to access the website (bc.game). Max 4$ or cheaper per month.

We can offer the following in multiple locations:

● 2 GB RAM + 2 GB vSWAP
    ● 50 GB RAID10 Storage
    ● 2048 GB Premium Bandwidth
    ● 2 x CPU Cores
    ● 1 x IPv4 and 1 x IPv6 Addresses
    ● KVM + SolusVM Access
    ● Linux and Windows OSes
    ● USA, France, Europe, Canada
    $48/year
    ORDER NOW

• nick_nick_ Member
    edited November 2022

BuyVM has free Windows licenses. The 1 GB plan is $3.5, but I'm not sure about the performance for Windows on 1 GB RAM.

• WiredBlade -> 2GB KVM NVMe

1 vCPU Intel @2.5 GHz
    2 GB RAM
    20 GB SSD NVMe
    1 TB Bandwidth @10 Gbps
    DDOS Protection
    1 IPv4
    USA, Phoenix
    Windows license, good uptime

18 months with them

$42/year

• Recommend @NDTN 's budget KVM, @dustinc 's 1111 deals, @CloudClone 's prebf deals. Would be better if wait until bf.

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • Looks good and fulfilled my requirement, let me check each of them.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited November 2022

@crest said:

@8dev said:

Oh ya. Never thought that. any idea where can I find cheap Linux server with GUI?

Everyone has "GUI", but you need to install Desktop Env on Linux to have GUI and NoMachine to have access to this GUI.
    For example Ubuntu then Gnome ("how to install Gnome on Ubuntu" in Google, 5 minute work) and then you can use RDP/VNC/NoMachine to see UI instead of console. I recommend NoMachine as its fastest and flawless for me.

Choose provider with location near you (same continent is okay 99% of times), 1.5GB of RAM and SSD. These specs are good enough for 1 tab Chrome.

Check out GreenCloud 2GB RAM VPS in my signature.

Thanked by 2NDTN crest
  • @AXYZE said:

@crest said:

@8dev said:

Everyone has "GUI", but you need to install Desktop Env on Linux to have GUI and NoMachine to have access to this GUI.
    For example Ubuntu then Gnome ("how to install Gnome on Ubuntu" in Google, 5 minute work) and then you can use RDP/VNC/NoMachine to see UI instead of console. I recommend NoMachine as its fastest and flawless for me.

Choose provider with location near you (same continent is okay 99% of times), 1.5GB of RAM and SSD. These specs are good enough for 1 tab Chrome.

Check out GreenCloud 2GB RAM VPS in my signature.

Thanks, I'm learning something new. Didn't know all linux machine can install desktop environment on it. Usually, I just SSH to the terminal.

• Waiting for Black Friday to buy Hyonix $24/yr.

• emgemg Veteran
    edited November 2022

@crest said:

Thanks, I'm learning something new. Didn't know all linux machine can install desktop environment on it. Usually, I just SSH to the terminal.

It is not as straightforward or easy to use as the typical Windows Remote Desktop or Apple Remote Desktop, but people do it. A few days ago, I started a thread asking about ways to display a remote Linux desktop here:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/182268/how-do-you-run-a-desktop-linux-from-a-vps-remotely

• If you want to automate something, using a GUI is probably not the way to go. Your best bet would be writing a script using JS (Node) or Python and then using puppeteer/selenium to run chome/firefox in headless mode on a standard linux vps via the cli.