Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Minds down? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Minds down?

2»

Comments

• @Maounique said:
    Waiting for our resident tin-foil hat crew to point out this is a DDoS ordered and executed by CC.
    Grabbing popcorn

Why would Creative Commons order a DDoS attack on a host??? Too many GPL licensed scripts on the nodes and not enough CC licensed so they decide to unleash a DDoS attack out of jealousy?

Thanked by 3Maounique tux netomx
  • @DomainBop said:
    Why would Creative Commons order a DDoS attack on a host??? Too many GPL licensed scripts on the nodes and not enough CC licensed so they decide to unleash a DDoS attack out of jealousy?

It's executed by a Credit Card

Thanked by 3Maounique tux netomx
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ReeceReece Member
    edited December 2013

@agoldenberg said:

Do you have nothing better to do other than troll people? Please grow up :)

And infact it was a DDOS attack also which caused the outage the other reports wasn't related.

• @agoldenberg said:

Thats not accurate, as Reece has indicated, DDOS attacks for DedicatedMinds resulted in the BLIPS.

We did not have a network outage.

Thanked by 1Reece
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

It was just a har har kind of joke. I seriously wasn't trying to troll anyone. It was more like bad luck. You know... like bad luck brian? Lighten up :)

Thanked by 2perennate netomx
  • It's down again.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@MorningIris said:
    It's down again.

Its not been down for me since.

• MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited December 2013

still down...Their site is down too.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited December 2013

Mine's been up and down...

Dec 14 12:25:23 : NJ : Connection timed out
    Dec 14 11:50:04 : NJ : Connection accepted (after 5 failures ~ 25m)
    Dec 14 11:25:03 : NJ : Connection refused
    Dec 14 07:05:04 : NJ : Connection accepted (after 6 failures ~ 30m)
    Dec 14 06:35:22 : NJ : Connection timed out
    Dec 14 05:45:04 : NJ : Connection accepted (after 8 failures ~ 40m)
    Dec 14 05:05:27 : NJ : Connection timed out
    Dec 13 15:00:11 : NJ : Connection accepted (after 126 failures ~ 10h 30m)
    Dec 13 04:30:23 : NJ : Connection timed out

I was able to access it about a 1/2 hour ago and uptime showed it had been rebooted. Guess the node still has issues.

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited December 2013

Down for me too.

• Just got this email:

Hello,
    As you may be aware we have faced similar DDOS attacks towards NJVz1 as we did yesterday, unfortunately the downtime was extended due to some corrupt files within the ARRAY, our datacenter had powered the server down to investigate the issues leaving us without any external access via IPMI or other means. Upon their investigation they've resolved the corrupt file issue and everything should be online as it should.

Once again we cannot apologise enough for any inconvenience these DDOS attacks may have caused you, we're working continuously to stop such attacks targeted at the NJvz1 node sadly some of them we are unable to stop.

A full announcement will be followed up with further details on our progress with preventing these attacks, and the future steps were taking to ensure our networks remains solid in the future.

Thank you for your continued support.
    Dedicated Minds Management

And now both of my vps are up. Lets hope there won't be third time of attach. Reece have great offers but this attacks force me to start think for another option.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited December 2013

Everyone should of had emails and further updates. NJVZ1 is currently down for emergency maintenance, it would appear our RAID configuration has been messed up a little during the server being booted back up. Once were done everything should be running smoothly again.

We expect it to be live again shortly. Our support portal is online for anyone needing help.

EDIT Everything back online now.

Thank you everyone for your support!

Thanked by 1Noerman
  • Ima stick it out, these guys just caught a bad break,, service is great.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited December 2013

Thank you for your support, everything has been running fine for awhile now, but we will still monitor it like hawks throughout the night and the rest of the weekend.

For those who may interested stock is disabled at this moment in time, no real reason behind it, we would just like to ensure everything is running smoothly again. We've got our new builds sitting doing nothing currently which consist of the following:

• Dual Xeon E5-2620 @ 2.0Ghz ( 24 Cores total!)
    • 64 - 128GB RAM
    • 8x SATA STORAGE w/LSI 2208 RAID controller (1GB Cache)

We've migrated <15 customers to these nodes hopefully some of them may be able to give feedback on these monsters :)

Lot's of upgrades coming now that we have the time to sitdown and crack on with the "To-do" list which we was delayed from proceeding with yesterday & today unfortunately that kicked us back a few days.

I'm sorry for the lack of responses which have been updated here through-out the day, we've been dealing directly with clients instead of sitting on forums updating every 10 minutes.

Once again I cannot thank everyone enough for the fantastic support we've had from our customers. It's only taught us to step up our game even more :)

If you have any problems, please get in contact.

Reece

• He moved my vm to a different node, I don't know whether this what @Reece mentioned.

No complains here:

root@jersey:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; unlink test

16384+0 records in

16384+0 records out

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.81395 s, 382 MB/s

• @MorningIris said:
    He moved my vm to a different node, I don't know whether this what Reece mentioned.

No complains here:

root@jersey:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; unlink test

16384+0 records in

16384+0 records out

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.81395 s, 382 MB/s

Certainly is :) We will be deploying this configuration continuously from now on.

Please let me know how you get on.

edited December 2013

@Reece Great so far, hope it continues like this and the guy DDOSed the node should be hit by the hit & run car...

• @MorningIris said:
    Reece Great so far, hope it continues like this and the guy DDOSed the node should be hit by the hit & run car...

hmmmm...

if you know him.

you can help carry the deed out.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited December 2013

@MorningIris said:
    Reece Great so far, hope it continues like this and the guy DDOSed the node should be hit by the hit & run car...

That's what I like to hear, please keep me updated :)

Certainly has caused us some aggravation over the past few days, nothing to drastic luckily and it appears things have settled down now we've cleared out some of problematic clients on top of that to ensure we're not close to facing any potential attacks in the future.

I've been monitoring throughout the night and it does look like every things is back to normal, I definitely need a few hours sleep I must say, but we've got some updates to push today so they'll come first.

Reece

edited December 2013

edit

• It's not just you! http://dedicatedminds.com looks down from here.
    -> But both my vps are up.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Noerman said:
    It's not just you! http://dedicatedminds.com looks down from here.
    -> But both my vps are up.

He is moving his website to a DDoS Protected host outside his network.

Thanked by 1Noerman
  • Anything happening ? all down again.

• My container is up right now.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited December 2013

@MorningIris said:
    Anything happening ? all down again.

@Nekki said:
    My container is up right now.

One of our clients on NJVZ2 had a DDOS this morning, for some unknown reason the system we have in place didn't limit the container/IP as it should of done, resulting in packet loss & brief downtime throughout the period of the attack.

The server in question will be going offline at 8AM GMT tonight for emergency maintenance to ensure all updates are done along with our new system going in place to prevent abuse ect.

https://www.dedicatedminds.com/billing/announcements.php?id=2

If you have any questions its always best to contact us directly as I am not monitoring LEB 24x7.