Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is anyone having success with the Advin control panel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is anyone having success with the Advin control panel?

rchurchrchurch Member
edited November 2022 in Providers

I have been trying to log onto it since I ordered, and all I get is something similar to this:

And another graphic with this text in it.]

https://imgur.com/a/t18xeyL

Comments

• SagnikSSagnikS Member, Host Rep

Could you please open a ticket, or PM me the IP?

IPv6 is offered in Amsterdam (and most locs) by default.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

BETA service is not for production usage, have you opened ticket and ask provider about the issue?

• The problem was not on the Beta service. In any case it has been resolved now.

• @rchurch said:
    The problem was not on the Beta service. In any case it has been resolved now.

What was the cause?

• @SLMob said:

@rchurch said:
    The problem was not on the Beta service. In any case it has been resolved now.

What was the cause?

I don't know what it was, but it has been fixed now.

• @rchurch said: The problem was not on the Beta service.

I don't think they went out of beta with those services, so double check what have you bought because you can be surprised.

Thanked by 2WebProject SinV
    edited November 2022

@JabJab said:

@rchurch said: The problem was not on the Beta service.

I don't think they went out of beta with those services, so double check what have you bought because you can be surprised.

clearly still in beta and sold as testing service, so should be no public winging about it as its beta service.

• @WebProject said: clearly still in beta and sold as testing service, so should be no public winging about it as its beta service.

Beta service doesn't mean beta technology. The amount of resources provisioned shouldn't have anything to do with the control panel, unless they sell so many VMs that the nodes and the Control Panel can't cope with the demand.

As I said I'm on the standard service. The first graphic I posted was copied from the main thread because I wanted to show an example of what I was looking at.

The second link which is to imgur shows that the Control Panel was timing out. You have to click it to see it.

@rchurch said: Beta service doesn't mean beta technology.

I just quote about beta service as defined definition:

"Beta Service means Service that may be made available at no additional charge which is designated as beta, pilot, limited release, developer preview, non-production, evaluation."

"Beta Service means a Service, or a feature of a Service, that is designated or presented to Customer as alpha, beta, experimental, pilot, limited release, developer preview, early access, non-production, evaluation, provided prior to general commercial release, or similar."

"Beta Service means a limited, pre-­‐production release of functionality not intended for full use."

source: https://www.lawinsider.com/dictionary/beta-service

Thanked by 1SinV
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2022

It appears that your VM was provisioned with an incorrect IP address by mistake (an IP that was accidentally made available to the IP pool), which ended up causing an issue with the VM deployment. We have now corrected the issue and your VM should be fully operational (along with the control panel). We have also issued approximately 1 week of free credit to your service as a courtesy for the trouble. The control panel and IP manager is still being worked on, as we only recently migrated to this new solution a few months ago and there are still some bugs that we are working on ironing out.

In the future, if you could refrain from immediately creating an LET thread and could just open a ticket, that would be greatly appreciated. We aim to respond to tickets as soon as possible, and you will get faster response times over tickets as we don't regularly check LET. If it is a critical issue, you also may open a ticket with our critical issues department and we will get back to your ticket as soon as possible as all staff are notified.