Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RackNerd's November GIVEAWAY! Win a Tablet, Espresso Maker, NVMe Disk, and More!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RackNerd's November GIVEAWAY! Win a Tablet, Espresso Maker, NVMe Disk, and More!

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Community provider RackNerd is back with another fantastic giveaway!

Enter to win one of:

Be sure to check out their most recent offer, which includes cheap VPS systems starting at only $11.88/YEAR!

RackNerd received top honors in our recent community voting, being elected both Best Provider and Most Professional Provider.  They continue to bring fantastic deals to our community.  They offer VPS, dedicated, and shared hosting services in nine datacenters around the world.  Check out their latest offer and stay tuned for more news and deals from them on LowEndBox.

Through November 30!

Giveaway is open now through the end of the month.

How To Enter

Just visit this page: https://lowendbox.com/blog/racknerd-november-giveaway/

Note: You may need to disable your adblocker to view the form below to enter the giveaway.

FAQ

I'm an Apple user and Android scares me. If I win a tablet, do I need a one-button mouse to use it?
No! Just use the two five-button mice attached to each of your arms.

I live in San Francisco and prefer green latte bamboo Evian wheatgrass psyllium husk colonics for breakfast instead of coffee. What will I use the Espresso maker for if I win it?
Christmas is coming and it makes a wonderful gift for your family members in flyover states.

Can I plug the external hard drive into my phone?
Probably not. But it's great for your Raspberry Pi Backpack Area Network, you little hipster.

If I win a $20 account credit, how many years of an $11.88 VPS is that?
Approximately 1.683501683501684. Don't tell @dustinc, but if you play your cards right, some of that could stretch over 2024 and you'll get a leap day also. Not sure RackNerd has factored that into their operational costs, heh heh heh...

No one can really sell VPSes for less than a dollar a month, right?
Mine has been working fine for nearly 2 years. Check out their LA offer, too!

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@raindog308 said:
    Can I plug the external hard drive into my phone?
    Probably not. But it's great for your Raspberry Pi Backpack Area Network, you little hipster.

Raspberry Pi is sold out.
    You can rent one from https://rpiservers.com/ and attach the external hard drive for $3.50/month.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Happy to see another giveaway of ours featured! We enjoy giving back to the community and hope that you test your luck by entering the giveaway. For those that haven't won, we hope this opportunity works in your favor.

Also a big thanks to @raindog308 for helping with the graphic. Looks great! Including the FAQ. Nicely done, and creative :) Bringing smiles to the community, and myself 👊

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • 3992986 that is my inv with racknerd and second comment since march 2017 in LET.

TBH I thought it scam at beginning but u could provide rock solid hosting and support always communicative

@balihosting said:

3992986 that is my inv with racknerd and second comment since march 2017 in LET.

TBH I thought it scam at beginning but u could provide rock solid hosting and support always communicative

Really appreciate you being a customer of ours for many years, and for trusting us with your business!

This means so much to us, we are always happy to see that our customers are happy with the service level we deliver. We will continue to provide service you can count on 👊

• @balihosting said:

i'm zombie.

• @raindog308 said: No! Just use the two five-button mice attached to each of your arms.

We don't see eye to eye on many things, but I genuinely LOLed at this one.

Thanked by 2raindog308 ralf
  • @stevewatson301 said:

@raindog308 said: No! Just use the two five-button mice attached to each of your arms.

We don't see eye to eye on many things, but I genuinely LOLed at this one.

There's probably an NCIS episode in the works where they try to stop the tablet from being hacked and using all ten fingers on the tablet at the same time.

• Approaching 2 years of being a customer, all I can say is, I <3 RackNerd.
    Thank you for the great hosting experience thus far.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Why does lowendtalk give so much attention to Racknerd? Doesn't seem fair to all the other great providers.

@melp57 said:
    Why does lowendtalk give so much attention to Racknerd? Doesn't seem fair to all the other great providers.

Hi @melp57 -- appreciate the question, and perhaps you weren't looking for an answer from us directly, but we just wanted to point out that LET/LEB has no favoritism on us, over any other provider. All of the exposure that we receive on here, and even outside of LEB/LET (such as on our social media channels and other communities) is as a result of the work we put in. It doesn't happen out of nowhere and there's no such thing as microwaved success - no one else is holding our hand or doing it for us, it's an intentional effort that happens as a result of hard work and consistency.

Additionally, I did want to point out that Patron Providers on LET can post every 10 days on LET, but we don't even do that, in 2022 we've posted less than a handful of new offer threads, but naturally our threads stay quite engaged and relevant as a result of the excellent reputation we've built. Over time, we've naturally evolved to become a community fan favorite (and was voted by the LET community as the #1 top provider + #1 most professional). So in that sense, we are loved by the community members like yourself, not so much LET/LEB itself as a platform.

Look, the reality is, no one should expect that someone hand-holds their business. I don't know of a single successful business that is successful because they just sat back and let somebody else take the wheel. That's actually an absurd idea to be honest. There's a lot of exposure/opportunity for providers to take advantage of, but neither you, me, nor LEB/LET admins can force providers to take advantage of these opportunities. In fact, based on what I've seen, LEB basically begs providers to take advantage of these opportunities because not enough do, via numerous announcements/posts such as:

I appreciate where you are coming from but the real question is: Are there any providers that can sincerely say they are investing the same level of time and energy into their brand as we are, and still NOT receiving the exposure opportunities here on LEB/LET? i.e. are they conducting interviews that are not being published? Are they contributing giveaways that are not being featured? Are they investing in banner ads but not being displayed? Are they submitting offers to LEB but not getting featured? Are they contributing guest posts or technical tutorials to LEB but not getting them published? Are they coming up with creative ways to keep their brand relevant and engaged?

There's truly no secret recipe here other than putting in the work. In earlier guest posts and interviews on LEB, I touched on some of these marketing and business operation points/tips to help fellow providers. Some providers have also reached out to me for advice (which I don't mind), always happy to help fellow providers and share tips on what I've found to work. You can read those posts here:

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@chaoszero112 said:
    Approaching 2 years of being a customer, all I can say is, I <3 RackNerd.
    Thank you for the great hosting experience thus far.

Hi @chaoszero112 -- appreciate you choosing us as your provider :) We sincerely appreciate your business over the years. Happy to hear that you've had a pleasant experience with our services!

You can count on us being here to help if you ever need anything down the road 👊 Our availability is 24x7.

• @dustinc said:

@melp57 said:
    Why does lowendtalk give so much attention to Racknerd? Doesn't seem fair to all the other great providers.

Hi @melp57 -- appreciate the question, and perhaps you weren't looking for an answer from us directly, but we just wanted to point out that LET/LEB has no favoritism on us, over any other provider. All of the exposure that we receive on here, and even outside of LEB/LET (such as on our social media channels and other communities) is as a result of the work we put in. It doesn't happen out of nowhere and there's no such thing as microwaved success - no one else is holding our hand or doing it for us, it's an intentional effort that happens as a result of hard work and consistency.

Thanks for explaining it so I understand better now. I've been your customer for over a year now, and hands down, you are one of the best. I do understand the effort you put in here. Just the fact that you actually answer pretty much every comment on every post you have here. I just didn't realize what it takes to be on the top here. Thanks for bringing it to my attention the work you really put in here.
    There's other providers here that are as top notch as your company, they are just way smaller and can't put in the same amount of effort, but that doesn't mean they aren't worth our time, we just have to find them deeper buried and pages way past you. 😃.
    I truly like supporting the little guys as much as the bigger fish like Racknerd. A provider I also have VPS's with, have the same fantastic ticket response times as yours.
    We love Racknerd, as well as many of the little guys!
    Thanks

@melp57 said:

@dustinc said:

@melp57 said:

Thanks for explaining it so I understand better now. I've been your customer for over a year now, and hands down, you are one of the best. I do understand the effort you put in here. Just the fact that you actually answer pretty much every comment on every post you have here. I just didn't realize what it takes to be on the top here. Thanks for bringing it to my attention the work you really put in here.
    There's other providers here that are as top notch as your company, they are just way smaller and can't put in the same amount of effort, but that doesn't mean they aren't worth our time, we just have to find them deeper buried and pages way past you. 😃.
    I truly like supporting the little guys as much as the bigger fish like Racknerd. A provider I also have VPS's with, have the same fantastic ticket response times as yours.
    We love Racknerd, as well as many of the little guys!
    Thanks

Hi @melp57 -- I sincerely appreciate the recognization as well as your support. It's beyond refreshing to see our valued customers provide positive feedback regarding the services we provide simply because we work so hard to provide quality, stability and support that you can reach in the most critical times.

In regards to providers being smaller than RackNerd, though equal in terms of service offerings, and support - I agree, there are many, but that still doesn't mean that they can't invest in their brand on platforms such as LEB/LET where there are so many freebies to take advantage of. We encourage providers to participate, and hope for their continued success. There's enough business for everyone, and tons of untapped markets that providers can deploy in to help deliver the community with diverse deals.

Thank You once again for the support, your business, and for being so vocal. It's people like you who help, inspire, and keep the community thriving.

Thanked by 1melp57
  • I have used racknerd's LA DC02 and SJC's VPS for more than a year. Their ticket response speed is the fastest among low-cost vps. Now RN is more and more like a large-scale IDC.
    ps. Stability needs to be improved

• Hello, I would like to double the bandwidth.
    Order Number: 9402717403
    Invoice ID: #4172872
    Thanks!

@chris477chormier said:
    I have used racknerd's LA DC02 and SJC's VPS for more than a year. Their ticket response speed is the fastest among low-cost vps. Now RN is more and more like a large-scale IDC.

Hi @chris477chormier -- we sincerely appreciate your business and are glad to know that you're very happy with the level of support we provide.

In terms of stability improvements, if I had to guess, you're referring to the network latency (as it may fluctuate due to your region) and local congestion. We do utilize Noction IRP in Los Angeles DC-02 along with carriers best suited for your region, though even then as mentioned above congestion locally or other similar network factors come into play with servicing your region including GFW issues, etc. Rest assured, for the price, performance and overall network performance - you're getting the best of all worlds :)

If you're after something more premium, and your budget allows - and assuming that GIA is the most suitable for you, we can work out custom deals for this network too :) Just reach out at [email protected]

@Olivercc said:
    Hello, I would like to double the bandwidth.
    Order Number: 9402717403
    Invoice ID: #4172872
    Thanks!

Hi @Olivercc -- please share this in the sales thread, and we'll help :)

• I have used racknerd's LA DC02 VPS for more than a year. Their ticket response speed is the fastest among low-cost vps. Now RN is more and more like a large-scale IDC.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • RackNerd go to #1 Top Provider three consecutive times 🙌🏽

Thanked by 1dustinc

@tcwl said:
    I have used racknerd's LA DC02 VPS for more than a year. Their ticket response speed is the fastest among low-cost vps. Now RN is more and more like a large-scale IDC.

We sincerely appreciate the business @tcwl -- we'll continue on our growth and expansion, all possible thanks to valued customers like yourself!

@Ganonk said:
    RackNerd go to #1 Top Provider three consecutive times 🙌🏽

Hi @Ganonk -- appreciate your continued support and business over the years. <3 Can't believe how fast time flies!

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • edited November 2022

@dustinc said:

@chris477chormier said:
    I have used racknerd's LA DC02 and SJC's VPS for more than a year. Their ticket response speed is the fastest among low-cost vps. Now RN is more and more like a large-scale IDC.

Hi @chris477chormier -- we sincerely appreciate your business and are glad to know that you're very happy with the level of support we provide.

In terms of stability improvements, if I had to guess, you're referring to the network latency (as it may fluctuate due to your region) and local congestion. We do utilize Noction IRP in Los Angeles DC-02 along with carriers best suited for your region, though even then as mentioned above congestion locally or other similar network factors come into play with servicing your region including GFW issues, etc. Rest assured, for the price, performance and overall network performance - you're getting the best of all worlds :)

If you're after something more premium, and your budget allows - and assuming that GIA is the most suitable for you, we can work out custom deals for this network too :) Just reach out at [email protected]

In the past year, I have encountered IPV4 offline once, and ipv6 address offline twice. After the ticket, Responded in about 5 minutes and helped me recover.
    Overall it's still great, especially the ticket responsiveness

@chris477chormier said:

@dustinc said:

@chris477chormier said:

In the past year, I have encountered IPV4 offline once, and ipv6 address offline twice. After the ticket, Responded in about 5 minutes and helped me recover.
    Overall it's still great, especially the ticket responsiveness

Hi @chris477chormier -- Glad to hear that in the rare instances you've encountered service-related issues we were able to quickly resolve for you within 5 minutes. That is impressive. We invest in our support team by educating each other, and scaling the team! We all share the same interest in helping our customers by providing infrastructure stability with 24x7 support when you most need it! Thank You once again for trusting RackNerd with your business.

• Hi @dustinc
    double my bandwidth, please.
    Invoice #4685672
    Thanks.

• Hallo

@sultan said:
    Hi @dustinc
    Invoice #4685672
    Thanks.

Hi @sultan -- Thank You for placing an order with RackNerd, and for choosing us as your provider :)

Please share this in the sales thread, and we'll be happy to review: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/182479/official-b-l-a-c-k-f-r-i-d-a-y-thread-community-endorsed-take-a-peek-racknerds-black-friday

• Hi @dustinc
    Invoice #4697684
    Thanks.

Thanked by 1zhang453559787
  • RackNerd go to #1 Top Provider three consecutive times !!!

• Hello, I would like to double the bandwidth.
    Invoice: 4675172
    Thanks!

• hello, please double the bandwidth
    invoice #2382218
    Thanks