Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What server system system does everyone use to construct their websites? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What server system system does everyone use to construct their websites?

2»

Comments

• Usually whatever the lastest Ubuntu LTS is at the time so currently Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

• @qtwrk said:
    I was using alamlinux 8 but then move to Ubuntu

On my netcup root server, I noticed on serverscope benchmark , the CPU performance Ubuntu 20 is constantly have 15-20% score than alamlinux 8 does, which is really weird, but that makes me migrate to Ubuntu...

I saw difference in Zen2-based CPU performance too, but on 22.04 vs 20.04

Probably kernel from 22.04 has improvemwnts for these chips. Also small improvement for Xeon v2 perf too :)

• @AXYZE said:

@qtwrk said:
    I was using alamlinux 8 but then move to Ubuntu

On my netcup root server, I noticed on serverscope benchmark , the CPU performance Ubuntu 20 is constantly have 15-20% score than alamlinux 8 does, which is really weird, but that makes me migrate to Ubuntu...

I saw difference in Zen2-based CPU performance too, but on 22.04 vs 20.04

Probably kernel from 22.04 has improvemwnts for these chips. Also small improvement for Xeon v2 perf too :)

I remember I tried alamlinux 8/9 with manually installed latest kernel (6.0 if I recall), still doesn't add up, single core score is about same, but mutlicore score improved quite some though

• Debian. Doesn't mean it's the best solution , but I am using it since always, and never had to complain about it.

• emgemg Veteran

These days, Debian. In the past, I liked CentOS.

I am surprised to see CentOS mentioned as much as I see it above. I assumed that people would be migrating away from it, towards AlmaLinux or Rocky Linux, which nobody has mentioned yet.

• Debian all the way
    Never been a big of CentOS or any of its deriviatives

• Alma / Rocky

• Mostly Debian, sometimes Alpine

• Debian

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited November 2022

Ubuntu, Debian, AlmaLinux, and Windows Server 2022

Starting to standardize on Ubuntu, Alma (only for cPanel servers, and Server 2022

• Debian...
    But considering to migrate to alma

• Long time debian user

• I use my brain tbh.