Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ovh failover ip new pricing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ovh failover ip new pricing

Has anyone received ovh additional ip repricing email. Are they remove one time payment for additional ips now and introduce monthly payments for additional ips?

Is this affect for current servers?

Here is the email i received : https://ibb.co/FH85n36

Comments

• seems they started sending out this email and information today.

@arondev said: Are they remove one time payment for additional ips now and introduce monthly payments for additional ips?

as @nvme mentioned, they already announced that and as their new mail also states they changed it already for new orders on Oct 6th.

however, this new mail now also holds more details about existing services.

@arondev said: Is this affect for current servers?

yes, just read the mail again. they are going to charge for IPs from dec 1st and raise this pricing in two more steps over the next year.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Why not to discuss 5 more times 😂😂🤔

• juniorrrrrjuniorrrrr Member
    edited October 2022

I have some server contracts (some until 2024), and I provide some low-cost VPS services, with this IP change it is not possible to provide this service, I am trying to find a way to cancel my servers with OVH.

• @juniorrrrr said:
    I have some server contracts (some until 2024), and I provide some low-cost VPS services, with this IP change it is not possible to provide this service, I am trying to find a way to cancel my servers with OVH.

Many seems to going your path, for example @Cam has expressed hes no longer continuing his littlevz line due to this new pricing.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2022

it also seems the price is higher? Originally it was $1.50 eur, but it’s $2 now. It also seems they sped up the ramp up where’s as before it was 2 or 3 years.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Falzo darkimmortal
  • Have anyone found any alternative for this?

If not lets write petition for ovh to request to remove ip subscription for old users.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@arondev said:
    Have anyone found any alternative for this?

If not lets write petition for ovh to request to remove ip subscription for old users.

https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/network/byoip/

• @arondev said:

You are kidding right?

• rdesrdes Member
    edited October 2022

I will be trying to request a refund of the IP activation fee. I paid a few thousand euros for something should be provided forever for free as they promised before... BYOIP makes no sense at the moment. It costs 50 euros a month extra and you can't split your IP over multiple servers.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@rdes said:
    I will be trying to request a refund of the IP activation fee. I paid a few thousand euros for something should be provided forever for free as they promised before... BYOIP makes no sense at the moment. It costs 50 euros a month extra and you can't split your IP over multiple servers.

They aren’t going to give it. We’ve all been warning about this for eons. OVH has changed their ip pricing multiple times and shouldn’t have been trusted for it.

I feel a chunk of this is the investors wanting to see returns, and IPs are a very easy squeeze.

Francisco

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Expected. Pricing is now the same as basically every US provider I use.

• @Francisco said:
    it also seems the price is higher? Originally it was $1.50 eur, but it’s $2 now. It also seems they sped up the ramp up where’s as before it was 2 or 3 years.

Francisco

Indeed. The initial idea of pricing was painted by Oles on twitter, so that's that.

Todays email should be the more reliable source, especiall, regarding existing services.

Would be interesting to get to know numbers about amounts of IPs being returned in the next few months...

• That's what Oles wrote on twitter few weeks ago:

"Old IPV4 we will take 3 years to get the price from 0.00E/MB to 1.49e/MB
    We think we are starting the price change on Old IPV4 - Jan 2023: 0.24e/IP - July 2023: 0.49e/IP - Jan 2024: 0.74E/IP - July 2024: 0.99e/IP - Jan 2025: 1.24e/IP - July: 2025: 1.49th/IP"

Instead they are starting from december 2022 with 0,60€, and reaching 1,80 € in september 2023...
    OVH really can't be trusted in any means.

• Trust a business company? No.

@rdes said: OVH really can't be trusted in any means.

• in .EU they rised the prices because of the enegry crisis, but how about the rest of the location they own ? they also have energy crisis ?

• @derekyang said:
    Trust a business company? No.

@rdes said: OVH really can't be trusted in any means.

how about the resellers? they will also rise prices now, even if the offers were recuring... you can trust nobody nowdays anymore

• simple. you want providers to deadpool or rather pay a reasonable amount more to not wake one morning with your data disappeared?
    people screamed at Hetzner for raising their IPv4 pricing and rage switched to OVH. worked well, didn't it?

• Any one managed to get IPv6 working without having a ipv4 or a VMAC assigned to the adaptor as I cant get IPv6 network discovery to work.