Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not sure how many gamers are here.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Not sure how many gamers are here.

I'm looking for a place that will rent out a server for the game (the forest) our internet sicks here so hosting it myself isn't really an option. And from what I've seen it's like 10 bucks average for 12 slots. Which is far bigger than we need as only 3 people atm will be playing.

So the question is. Can I find it cheaper than 10

Comments

• Do you have a location in mind?

• @Nanja said:
    Do you have a location in mind?

Dallas would be close to us if that's possible.

• What sucks about the forest is the dedicated server has to be ran on windows. You could probably hack it together with WINE, but eh.

• Nitrado goes down to 4 for $6ish a month.

• @Vextro said:
    Nitrado goes down to 4 for $6ish a month.

That's not terrible actually.

• Maybe @MikeA or @Radi can accommodate ?
    Iirc both provide Dallas

• Some of those companies that host "The Forest" do yearly discount. If it's in your budget you can choose to pay for a year which would be lower than $10/month.

• You may find this guide usefl → https://theforest.fandom.com/wiki/Dedicated_Servers

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

A lot of these game server require a lot of RAM, so it's why it's not cheap to start off :/

• I'll just try nitrado. Seems to be the cheapest I'll be able to get at 6 bucks.

Tried to set it up but they took the money and put it as a credit in the account with no pending service to be setup. So waiting to hear back from them atm. Thank you guys for the suggestions.

• patropatro Member
    edited October 2022

As you can not use linux for forest server then you need at least 4GB of ram and that is why buying from game server providers is cheaper. They run 1 windows instance and many game servers inside it so they do not waste resources on running multiple instance of windows alone.

@ItsAsylum logicservers is good too, around $7 for 10 slot.