Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to sell windows RDP with automation?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to sell windows RDP with automation?

Hey, I am selling windows rdps for a long time, now I have a good amount of customers but the main problem is we are getting a good amount of orders daily and I have to build each and every server manually (Using AWS and Digital ocean accounts) but now I want to shift with any local windows VPS provider which will be more reliable and also I want to automate the task so that I can scale my business and focus on my marketing.

I don't want to use AWS and Digitalocean now so please tell me is there any good provider which can give me windows servers at a cheap rate and with API , Also is it possible to sell windows VPS from a big dedicated server we sell in Linux using KVM.

Comments

• Your best bet would be to either build a Windows Snapshot / Template and then deploy VMs with that Snapshot / Template. All of the big hourly VM providers have this functionality.

If that doesn't work for you costing wise, then yes next best bet would be to deploy a dedicated server(s) and use a panel such as Virtualizor or SolusVM, and do the same as above (create a snapshot, deploy via API).

• Actually, I want to shift from those providers and go with any small local VPS providers because of the huge costing, most of my clients are using windows rdps to check their website ranking, run some software to scrape data, and account management.

• afnafn Member
    edited October 2022

I have another question not too dissimilar from this one.
    We are deploying full dedis with windows. Then in order to avoid the virtualization overhead we are creating windows accounts directly and locking each user's write access to his own partition. Not ideal, I know...

is there a better way to isolate accounts and move users from one node to another etc easily, without having the cost of every user being in an isolated VM + install his own copy of windows?

We would like to avoid having multiple OS running on top of host (so more storage wasted, more ram wasted, etc).

We need the nice feature of overlap. (i.e drive of 2 tb, 10 users, each user has a 300GB quota. if all users claim their 300gb we will run into issue, but since it never happens, we're good would love to avoid virtualization with pre-allocated storage à la virtualBox)

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited October 2022

@samratfkt said:
    I don't want to use AWS and Digitalocean now so please tell me is there any good provider which can give me windows servers at a cheap rate and with API , Also is it possible to sell windows VPS from a big dedicated server we sell in Linux using KVM.

We have a reseller program, but that requires manually placing each order at a discounted rate.

We also have a Resource/Reseller Pool product which sounds like it might be good for you, which allows you to use an API to handle tasks.
    We have not publicly released it on our site yet, but it is in heavy utilization by some very large clients.
    We have 23 current service locations, and growing, which you can utilize on this.
    Reach out to us, if you want to discuss further.

Alternatively, we offer Dedicated Servers which you can use SolusVM on and create your own VPS on them.

~ SMARTHOST

• how I can contact you? Should I send your email?

• What do you mean build manually? You mean you create each VM based on specs required and then mount Windows ISO and install? Dont they provide APIs so you can automate the process?

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited October 2022

IN MY OPINION, if you want to avoid having multiple VM's per user with windows...

Deploy a beefy Windows Server, (VM or baremetal) and use RDS (search for Windows RDS).

Basically with this you can have multiple remote desktop sessions using the server and you would be paying a one time RDS Cal license per user.

This is the way to go.
    About the permissions for each user, well you know how to do that already, use the proper roles for each user. Don't give admin privileges. It will be safe.

Make sure to run an antivirus or security software to keep things smooth.

• @Hxxx said:
    IN MY OPINION, if you want to avoid having multiple VM's per user with windows...

Deploy a beefy Windows Server, (VM or baremetal) and use RDS (search for Windows RDS).

Basically with this you can have multiple remote desktop sessions using the server and you would be paying a one time RDS Cal license.

This is the way to go.
    About the permissions for each user, well you know how to do that already, use the proper roles for each user. Don't give admin privileges. It will be safe.

Make sure to run an antivirus or security software to keep things smooth.

Please don't run multiple customer environments on one RDS terminal server. Isolate and provide a seperate environment for each customer. There are a lot of security and data risks if you do this. I have worked for private cloud providers and I can assure you that this is a bad idea.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited October 2022

@LeftR maybe in your environment it was not properly setup.
    But RDS is a common thing in corporate.

THIS IS USERS of the corporation NOT CUSTOMERS, my recommendation is in that regards...
    For customers, each with their VM is the way to go.

So yeah if the op is selling to random customers, each should have their own VM. Agreed with your comment.

• @Hxxx said:
    @LeftR maybe in your environment it was not properly setup.
    But RDS is a common thing in corporate.

THIS IS USERS of the corporation NOT CUSTOMERS, my recommendation is in that regards...
    For customers, each with their VM is the way to go.

So yeah if the op is selling to random customers, each should have their own VM. Agreed with your comment.

OP stated he has a good amount of customers.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

@samratfkt said:
    how I can contact you? Should I send your email?

[email protected] is best, and just mention this LET thread. ;-)

~ SMARTHOST

• @samratfkt said:
    Actually, I want to shift from those providers and go with any small local VPS providers because of the huge costing, most of my clients are using windows rdps to check their website ranking, run some software to scrape data, and account management.

Generally, you need a bigger provider that has Microsoft datacenter licenses and proper setups, etc. Running Windows on Linux in a datacenter isn't really kosher, licensing wise.

• @samratfkt if you are still looking, please send me a PM, we can do it for you with instant installation.