Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UGVPS not acknowledging payment
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UGVPS not acknowledging payment

I have paid for a renewal of my otherwise very good hosting service on UniqueGeek VPS. However, the payment has not been acknowledged and now my service has been cancelled.

I raised a ticked over 48 hours ago and nothing has been resolved.

Please fix UGVPS!

Ticket #879188

Comments

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

There is great possibility that your provider didn't get IPN from Paypal. It is hard to explain but Paypal sometimes don't send payment notification to automated billing software. Nothing to blame provider, it just happens

• bluedogbluedog Member
    edited December 2013

Hi DrServer. It is the providers fault if they are notified of a payment (manually through a ticket), take no action, and then cancel my service.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Perhaps a little more to this story than you are giving away?

I could be wrong but it would be VERY unusual for a host to cancel and completely erase your VPS at only 48 hours over due?

• Wow. Or perhaps they just bungled their payment system and they're off early for Christmas. I assure you, there is nothing I have done that would deserve being cancelled.

I agree with Anthony, I think that billing software suspended your account by itself, at it was not notified of payment.

In this days this is almost regular problem:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/16775/paypal-ipn-incredibly-slow

• Absolutely. Everything has happened automatically, with no intervention from staff whatsoever, despite my raising a ticket.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I could be wrong but it would be VERY unusual for a host to cancel and completely erase your VPS at only 48 hours over due?

You're forgetting that this is the same screwup of a provider who had their GoDaddy accounted hihacked and their domain redirected to google.com last month (16 days later ugvps.com is still forwarding to google.com). You're also forgetting that this is the same host who hired a circus clown for tech support who couldn't even do a traceroute. TL;DR the OP's story is possible.

• @drserver said:
    There is great possibility that your provider didn't get IPN from Paypal. It is hard to explain but Paypal sometimes don't send payment notification to automated billing software. Nothing to blame provider, it just happens

Paypal is used Successfully by many other agents 24/7 around the world, and yet when something goes awry between UGVPS and Paypal, you point the finger at paypal?

May aswell blame Toyota because you got in a car accident.

edited December 2013

@Miittcchhzz http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/16775/paypal-ipn-incredibly-slow

I gave possible reason for a problem... known problem... nothing else

• @drserver, the link you refer to seems to be talking about delays of 40 minutes etc. My payment went through on December 10 and is still unacknowledged.

@Miittcchhzz Problem is in billing software <---> Paypal IPN system.
    If billing software is unaware of payment then it can suspend client. That is what i am saying.

@bluedog you are right to be angry, if you sent ticket 2 days ago for payment. I would be mad also.

Nothing more to say

• @bluedog said:
    drserver, the link you refer to seems to be talking about delays of 40 minutes etc. My payment went through on December 10 and is still unacknowledged.

It's possible that they forgot to change their PayPal IPN from the hijacked ugvps.com to the "temporary" ugeekvps.com and they're not receiving any IPN notices from PayPal, but that is still no excuse for ignoring tickets.

• @drserver Yes i understand what you are saying. But the Fault is with the Billing Software or the developers who wrote the interface. And that comes under the companies domain, not Paypal for returning the IPN in a timely manner.

Solution: Accept Responsibility, Reinstate the service and Fire your Developers.

• @Miittcchhzz a bit offtopic. Are you @bluedog's "neighbour"?

• Yes he is. He is as riled as me that I have a genuine issue and people rush to the defense of the company involved.

• When i heard that bluedog was voicing his concerns with his service i thought it a good panel to express the concerns i have for my service.

We are long time enthusiasts, bluedog recommended it to me, and when it works, its a great service however they have really dropped the ball on this one as with the google incident.

edited December 2013

@bluedog I hope that you will sort it out with UGVPS

Enough for me.

• I blame the provider here, one you opened a ticket and two they would of received and email from PayPal stating they have gotten funds from X client X Amount and an invoice number.

I put it down to laziness.

• What happened to the 4 additional staff that they could not response to OP's ticket?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

yeah well I suppose the bottom line is that @bluedog acknowledges it is probably an automated software screw up but has every right to be annoyed if he raised it 2 days ago and has had no reply.

• bluedogbluedog Member
    edited December 2013

Ugvps have responded to the ticket now saying that there is a problem with billing and paypal.

So, if you knew you had a billing issue with paypal, why would you let the system automatically suspend all the affected accounts - even with customer tickets claiming payments had been made? Wouldn't you ask the customer for some kind of evidence and allow the service to continue?

• To clarify, my service is still suspended.

• bluedogbluedog Member
    edited December 2013

Can't test it yet, but ugvps have claimed to have resolved fully now.

• good thing I jumped from the sinking ship, looks like ug might deadpool soon from the way they run their business.

Thanked by 2CrystalD ahmiq
  • @akz said:
    good thing I jumped from the sinking ship, looks like ug might deadpool soon from the way they run their business.

You're not alone. :)

Thanked by 1akz
  • @joelgm said:

Aye sir! :) me three

• Well UGVPS still is accepting orders and provisioning service. Autopilot?

• I got a human response, and it's all up and running. My VM has actually been highly reliable. This billing issue is the only problem I've had so far after 6 months.

Thanked by 1Smabowlski