Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any change in Hetzner Cloud service quality recently?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any change in Hetzner Cloud service quality recently?

Hi there, the last time I was looking for a new VPS provider (~2016) for a long-term production server, Hetzner Cloud was pretty much the holy grail. The only reason I didn't choose it was because they didn't have a US location. But now they do, and I'm seriously considering them again. But I was wondering in recent years/months if there has been any significant change for better or worse in their service quality (reliability, performance, customer service, hidden or explicit resource usage limits, etc.)? Thanks a lot.

Comments

• They work great.

Thanked by 1sb56637
  • No still the same. Production ready.

Thanked by 1sb56637
  • They only block smpt port for new accounts until after first payment of invoice

Thanked by 2nick_ sb56637
  • they are great, except the prices always go up :D

Thanked by 1sb56637
  • I have been using them in production for years. Nothing to complain. They aren't the cheapest anymore though.

• @nick_ said: They aren't the cheapest anymore though

Thanks, any other competitive options you would suggest? Hetzner's 8GB RAM offering for €11.54 seems to be the cheapest by far for that amount of RAM.

• Thanked by 1sb56637
  • I can recommend PHP-Friends and Avoro in the Germany location. They're the same company. I've been using Avoro in production. No issue either.

https://php-friends.de
    https://avoro.eu

Thanked by 2sb56637 ooowwww
  • Decent, but shit support.

My VM was down, and I was actually arguing with their support, they REFUSED to admit it's CURRENTLY down, even though their own panel said it.

Nice for getting a cheap high performance cloud.

Thanked by 1sb56637
  • @sb56637 said:

@nick_ said: They aren't the cheapest anymore though

Thanks, any other competitive options you would suggest? Hetzner's 8GB RAM offering for €11.54 seems to be the cheapest by far for that amount of RAM.

Netcup 6vCPU+8GB is 8.75€ on 12m contract or 10.50 € on hourly billing

Thanked by 1sb56637
  • @AXYZE Thanks, that is an impressive price indeed. I think I need a USA datacenter though.