Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is offers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where is offers?

LeviLevi Member
edited October 2022 in General

Recently, my project demanded VPS addition in Europe. Naturally, I go to LET offers section... And in my surprise, there is no freshly baked offers (younger than 7 days). Is this normal?

Quick comparison to few rivals:

WHT -- offers pouring EACH day (bear, still *uck you!).

OGF -- new offers added periodically. On top of that there is fragrant deals on exclusive category.

Nowadays there is almost no line between "budget" and "regular" offers. There is no low end when you pay 10 USD for 2c/2g/20g nvme (a.k.a triple 2). So definitely not the price issue. JB, what is going on?

Thanked by 1BlaZe

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

That offer threads can be bumped here may be relevant? I know I'd rather bump an offer thread than post one at least half of the time.

• @jar said:
    That offer threads can be bumped here may be relevant? I know I'd rather bump an offer thread than post one at least half of the time.

I mean, where is the variety? Same old folks just posting same'ish offers. No new providers. It scary, feels abandoned.

Thanked by 1jar
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

This is just the calm before the storm (Black Friday)

• @LTniger said: Nowadays there is almost no line between "budget" and "regular" offers.

I know right?? A dedi I been looking for is give or take $65/month or so no matter who/what is providing it.

The idea of "budget" hosting that isn't just hot garbage is fading away in my honest opinions. Because you might as well spring up for a more "premium" more trusted solution at those prices...

• @FAT32 said:
    This is just the calm before the storm (Black Friday)

Or the fiber eating shark is at it again

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2022

@LTniger - Explanation is quite simple: fees. Did you know there is a low-end monthly fee to post low-end offers on a low-end forum in order to gain some low-end profits?! Yes, there is such a monthly subscription on LET.

• @default said:
    @LTniger - Explanation is quite simple: fees. Did you know there is a low-end monthly fee to post low-end offers on a low-end forum in order to gain some low-end profits?! Yes, there is such a monthly subscription on LET.

Bilohbucks?
    more like below-bucks

• @default said: Did you know there is a low-end monthly fee

But why that fee does not attract more audience to post offers? Does the fee is to high and ROI is negative? I don't understand. I will be forced (with heavy hand) to go to another forums in order to get better deals.

What's the point of LET than?

• Electricity costs made many offers unsustainable.

Why do promo now if cost of energy will go up 2x 2 months from now?

You will need to allow it cut into profit slightly in order to dont raise prices that high.
    Would you cut into your profit today by doing promo to get customers... That are getting your servicd only because of promo price?
    They'll be first that abandon your service. You'll be left with unused capacity and no money reserve from doing that promo.

Its a lot better to not make promo until end of the year and then play with prices and some cash reserve left.

This year BF will be interesting. Probably there will be some superb offers because that is very good ad for company, but they will be very limited.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2022

@LTniger said:

@default said: Did you know there is a low-end monthly fee

But why that fee does not attract more audience to post offers? Does the fee is to high and ROI is negative? I don't understand. I will be forced (with heavy hand) to go to another forums in order to get better deals.

People have asked such questions for a long time since this fee was introduced, others have left the forums, others remained just for the popcorn-drama and shitposting.

Feel free to decide, but with a monthly fee, and a rising cost of electricity, don't keep your hopes too high for LET offers.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@default said: Feel free to decide, but with a monthly fee, and a rising cost of electricity, don't keep your hopes too high for LET offers.

• LEB is very colourful now flushed with deals. have a look!

• @LTniger said:
    Where is offers?

Offer machine broke

Thanked by 1Levi
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@cybertech said:
    LEB is very colourful now flushed with deals. have a look!

If you are talking about colors such as below, I would rather stay away from anything such kiddish.

Thanked by 2cybertech bulbasaur
  • add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited October 2022

@LTniger said:

@jar said:

I mean, where is the variety? Same old folks just posting same'ish offers. No new providers. It scary, feels abandoned.

It because all of racknerd threads get bump everytime they asked for double bandwith

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited October 2022

@LTniger said: https://lowendspirit.com/categories/offers -- new offers added periodically. On top of that there is fragrant deals on exclusive category.

I will be honest here, IMO none of they deal offer are atractive for catching my eyes even for new provider or offer, the others are just same copy as LET OFFER, But what make my attention there is only the InceptionHosting Deal itself , other than that you can search same offer as LET, even Advin himself regret for left LET then come back here

Otherwise it just Virmach based (refuge place) in my eyes with their selfish and hero like people (supporter)

But it is not all about offer that we search sometimes services transfer are very attractive also for some people which make this LET Great market

• VoidVoid Member
    edited October 2022

@Otus9051 said:

@default said:

Bilohbucks?
    more like below-bucks

Use your unreal account @Otus9051

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited October 2022

@FAT32 are we getting like a different system / web app to search the offers or still the same degen stuff?

Are you willing to use a system provided by the community (users devs) ?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
    edited October 2022

@cybertech said:
    LEB is very colourful now flushed with deals. have a look!

The Shocktober event was awesome, I really liked the concept.

We blasted out tons of offers over the weekend: https://lowendbox.com/category/virtual-servers/

Energy prices are limiting things in Europe.

Plus this tends to be a quiet period prior to BF/CM.

• zedzed Member

everybody quietly raising prices in preparation for the pretend blackfriday sales.

Thanked by 1TimRoo
  • @LTniger said:

@jar said:

So you're looking for the lowest price AND a new provider. What could go wrong?

• @Otus9051 said:

@default said:

Bilohbucks?
    more like below-bucks

Stay in school.

• @LTniger said:

@default said: Did you know there is a low-end monthly fee

If you can't post under "Requests" with your specs and budget after all these years, you should have someone else on the project takeover such a trivial task.

The energy you spent whining the deals didn't just fall into your lap kills how long it would have taken to just search and buy whatever the best deal you found.

• @jmaxwell said:

@Otus9051 said:

@default said:

Bilohbucks?
    more like below-bucks

Use your unreal account @Otus9051

wat

• mhnmhn Member

@TimboJones said: So you're looking for the lowest price AND a new provider. What could go wrong?

He probably means a "new provider" in being new on LowEndTalk, not in hosting. And really, I haven't seen any new guys join with good offers.

Maybe @jbiloh can pay for some hosts to come up with the first offer (one-time) to test LowEndTalk's advertising power. If they still want to promote, give them 6 months of patron provider for free. If they stay, the community benefits from more offers, and @jbiloh benefits from BilohBucks and more traffic.

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited October 2022

@mhn said:

@TimboJones said: So you're looking for the lowest price AND a new provider. What could go wrong?

He probably means a "new provider" in being new on LowEndTalk, not in hosting. And really, I haven't seen any new guys join with good offers.

More provider = more competitor = less income + for covering let offers fee = less insane / crazy deal that we got from old provider here that still sustain until now or more years laters

They are related each others

So this is what it is

I rather like LET like that

You all hope for new provider on LET but it is not sure you will buying it,

Just hoping

Thanked by 1ElonBezos
  • Show offers and send dedis

• @mhn said:
    Maybe @jbiloh can pay for some hosts to come up with the first offer (one-time) to test LowEndTalk's advertising power.

I think you're wrong here.
    If provider has good, solid service then he has money.

If he is not interested in posting here then he
    a) doesnt know about LET
    b) doesnt agree with what is/was happening here

I was and I still am against provider tag fee, but lets be honest - if provider doesn't have $200 to pay for 6 month ads then he has bad offers or will deadpool when CPU/SSD dies or his rented IPv4 will be more expensive.

Provider tag fee isn't an issue for provider, its rather something from "a" or "b" I mentioned above.
    If he doesn't agree with what is happening on LET giving him free tag won't change his thinking. Everybody sees page views, everybody sees how active forum is, everybody know power of this forum.

LET had multiple dramas over years. Colocrossing, provider tag... if someone left, he left. Giving him tag won't change shit. This problem of people that left and they dont want to comeback is real issue in LET. Many new members also don't want to join, because of many things, @Arkas tries to remove this barrier. I don't agree with his method, but I understand why he does it.

Personally I think problem for "seniors" is LET being ruled like an company, there's not that much "community vibes" coming from Admins.
    Problem for "juniors" is rather bad management of threads. Its very difficult to find info here, but very easy to found exact post on LET on Google.

For me LET lacks:

• "best reply" mark, maybe done by OP, maybe done by mod.
    • react to post not only with "like" but also "haha, helpful, angry", non-native speakers would understand if someone is helping or trolling in second. Trolling isn't a problem, good laugh is always good, but many newcomers just dont understand terminology and are fooled.
    • Any reward to people that make interesting threads, are helping each other. Rent dedi, give these people new idler or at least give them nice frame around avatar.
    • Updated megathreds. We as users don't have edit option after several hours and we can't manage own threads even if we want to. Oracle Cloud megathread is best example, so many useful tips and info, but its sooo difficult to read all these pages. It would be nice if we could edit own threads with approval of admin/mod.
    • Too much replies sometimes and difficult to see answer. Like recent GreenCloud promotion - try to find some nice posts / funny stuff / useful info from GreenCloud between these 100 pages. Not possible. But we could have little modal after original post with "most thanked / most reacted" posts, similiar to StackOverflow.
    • Tutorials category but with more granularity. Sysops/Devops, web servers, game servers. Then make option for other people to suggest changes to tutorials. If OP becomes unactive someone else can "take over" under mod approval. No outdated stuff then. Reward such people that want to contribute, even with small things.
    Thanked by 3Not_Oles MrRadic emg