Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need a small vps in europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

need a small vps in europe

Hi,
We have hosted a Ukrainian family here. So that they can still communicate with relatives and friends, we have provided them with a separate wireless connection. This WLAN connection should, to protect the family and myself from unpleasant surprises (their children download something that they should not download, ...), access the Internet via a VPN connection. For this I am looking for a small VPS in europe with 256mb ram, 1 cpu, 100mbit or more, 5gb hdd/ssd and at least 100gb monthly bandwidth. Please send me your offers.

thanks!

Comments

• emghemgh Member
    edited October 2022

If you’re able to get the Aeza promo server that’s nice.

It’s gigabit, umethered & 8 GB of RAM if I remember correctly.

I think it’s in Frankfurt or Amsterdam.

Less than $2 a month. Often sold out.

You’ll probably find something cheaper with your requirements only, but it’s a nice deal if you might need it for something else too/afterwards.

I just realized I recommended a Russian VPS company to serve as a VPN for ukranian refugees lol - but they take crypto so it’s not really an issue.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • Also Ramnodes latest offer on here might fit and is 12 dollars a month. Not sure if it’s still running.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • @emgh said:

You’ll probably find something cheaper with your requirements only, but it’s a nice deal if you might need it for something else too/afterwards.

I just realized I recommended a Russian VPS company to serve as a VPN for ukranian refugees lol - but they take crypto so it’s not really an issue.

I tried but they arent accepting my card :/

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited October 2022

@gbzret4d said:

@emgh said:

I tried but they arent accepting my card :/

Tried all gateways?

If you really like the deal might be worth getting crypto and transfering.

If not, maybe check the Ramnode deal.

Edit: They didn't accept my card either. Tried 2 international gateways, but not the one requiring 20 eur minimum.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • In fact I’m quite interest in “something that they should not download”. I assume it is copyrighted stuff, and if this is the case, you’ll want to get a €11.88 annually server from alexhost.

• If it's just a VPN, Gullo's Hosting NAT VPS should suffice.

https://hosting.gullo.me

Thanked by 3Cam gbzret4d bdl
  • Get in touch with @Cam or @Abd if you don't mind openvz vps with nat.

Thanked by 1Cam
  • hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

@gbzret4d We are running OpenVZ 7 and KVM VPS offers in France, Europe at this time, please HERE - KVM and OpenVZ 7 Cheap Yearly VPS Offers in 🇺🇸 USA, 🇫🇷 France, and 🇨🇦 Canada, if you have not found out the required deal.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • HyeHye Member

https://cloud.hye.gg/pro-compute B1 or B2 should work perfectly for this use case. We have free 10 Gigabit included in those plans and unmetered bandwidth, and it’s located right outside of London.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • @Hye said:
    https://cloud.hye.gg/pro-compute B1 or B2 should work perfectly for this use case. We have free 10 Gigabit included in those plans and unmetered bandwidth, and it’s located right outside of London.

Your site says that these are pre-orders. You should be upfront about this in any comment that you post (as a reply to a request), also clarifying what this means

• HyeHye Member

Apologizes, I meant to add that just forgot to.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@angstrom said: Your site says that these are pre-orders. You should be upfront about this in any comment that you post (as a reply to a request), also clarifying what this means

Since when were pre-orders allowed for unestablished/unknown providers? Has the mod team been provided proof that they even have nodes online?

A user wrote on his wall asking for a yabs but He...claims to be out of stock and can't run it? Why can't He run it on the metal side at least? That'll give something.

Francisco

Thanked by 2SLMob martheen
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@angstrom said:

@Hye said:

Your site says that these are pre-orders. You should be upfront about this in any comment that you post (as a reply to a request), also clarifying what this means

I think any pre-orders should have the ETA for delivery of service, as certain provider on LET failing deliver BF within first 3 - 6 months, so customers outside of 14-60 days of cooling off period.

• RDP_VPSRDP_VPS Member
    edited October 2022

Redacted

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited October 2022

@gbzret4d said:
    This WLAN connection should, to protect the family and myself from unpleasant surprises (their children download something that they should not download, ...), access the Internet via a VPN connection.

Just set DNS in router to 1.1.1.3 + 1.0.0.3
    Blocks malware & adult content

or if you're talking about pirating stuff then Windscribe Premium "Built A Plan". Choose one location, pay just $1 per month. No 3years prepayment or shit like this, month to month.
    https://windscribe.com/upgrade

VPS is overkill for 90%+ VPN cases. Just another hassle to manage, another thing to monitor, costs more. If you live in Europe then these cheap VPNs like Windscribe work fine to 200-800Mbps depending on day. If you require just 100Mbps then just go with Windscribe.
    Windscribe has deployed extra 10Gbps servers in Germany even for free users btw. you can get more than 1Gbit, but I have no such connection to test right now :/

Thanked by 2gbzret4d martheen
  • Thanks for the Guidelines and Apologies for thisIssue.

• @Francisco said:

@angstrom said: Your site says that these are pre-orders. You should be upfront about this in any comment that you post (as a reply to a request), also clarifying what this means

Since when were pre-orders allowed for unestablished/unknown providers? Has the mod team been provided proof that they even have nodes online?

A user wrote on his wall asking for a yabs but He...claims to be out of stock and can't run it? Why can't He run it on the metal side at least? That'll give something.

Francisco

It's possible that it was a mistake to grant a Host Rep tag to this provider, but I suspect that no one noticed that they advertise pre-orders

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@angstrom said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

It's possible that it was a mistake to grant a Host Rep tag to this provider, but I suspect that no one noticed that they advertise pre-orders

I stripped the tag for now.

@Hye - Whenever you have things ready to go, let us know and we'll reinstate your Host Rep tag.

• HyeHye Member

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Fran,

You of all people shouldn’t be complaining about stock issues 😂. You can view our nodes at https://status.hye.gg. Running a benchmark on the metal side with active clients on it would significantly reduce the performance of our customers services during the benchmark and is totally illogical. As soon as we have more server space we will spin up some services to run yabs on. I will not over-allocate our machines to run yabs. I’m not sure I understand what is so unreasonable about our offerings? Because we’re not as large as you we suddenly don’t have the right to have pre orders on upcoming services? In the future, please do more research before making baseless claims about a competing product/service.

• Joseph
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Hye said: In the future, please do more research before making baseless claims about a competing product/service.

There's no product to be 'competing' though, you're doing pre-orders. Your own page makes no mention of a VPS node, nor any in the UK. There's no test IP's anywhere.

Pre-orders are always a shitshow around here, even from established providers. You're not established, nor known (at least not under the Hye name), making it even worse.

By all means, send the deets to the mods if you don't want it public, they're here to protect the community.

Francisco

Thanked by 2WebProject martheen
  • @Hye said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Fran,

You of all people shouldn’t be complaining about stock issues 😂. You can view our nodes at https://status.hye.gg. Running a benchmark on the metal side with active clients on it would significantly reduce the performance of our customers services during the benchmark and is totally illogical. As soon as we have more server space we will spin up some services to run yabs on. I will not over-allocate our machines to run yabs. I’m not sure I understand what is so unreasonable about our offerings? Because we’re not as large as you we suddenly don’t have the right to have pre orders on upcoming services? In the future, please do more research before making baseless claims about a competing product/service.

• Joseph

sry but i need a server within the next days and not a pre-order thingy

• @AXYZE said:

@gbzret4d said:
    This WLAN connection should, to protect the family and myself from unpleasant surprises (their children download something that they should not download, ...), access the Internet via a VPN connection.

or if you're talking about pirating stuff then Windscribe Premium "Built A Plan". Choose one location, pay just $1 per month. No 3years prepayment or shit like this, month to month.

VPS is overkill for 90%+ VPN cases. Just another hassle to manage, another thing to monitor, costs more. If you live in Europe then these cheap VPNs like Windscribe work fine to 200-800Mbps depending on day. If you require just 100Mbps then just go with Windscribe.
    Windscribe has deployed extra 10Gbps servers in Germany even for free users btw. you can get more than 1Gbit, but I have no such connection to test right now :/

"You are trying to make a payment too quickly, please wait a while, maybe try the free service first?"
    Is it 1$ per month for one fixed location?

• @gbzret4d said:

@AXYZE said:

@gbzret4d said:

"You are trying to make a payment too quickly, please wait a while, maybe try the free service first?"
    Is it 1$ per month for one fixed location?

Per location. Just like VPS, but at $1, everything managed and clean app with split tunneling etc.

• But you have to spend $3 a month minimum to build a plan.

• Yes, which translate to either 2 location with unlimited traffic, or 3 location with a combined total of 40 GB traffic. Still, for no commitment plan and integrated filtering, it's really affordable.

• @martheen said:
    Yes, which translate to either 2 location with unlimited traffic, or 3 location with a combined total of 40 GB traffic. Still, for no commitment plan and integrated filtering, it's really affordable.

for 3$ i could get a cheap vps and i can setup my own vpn server and more ;)

Thanked by 1yoursunny