Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[NL] DirectAdmin Hosting + Resellers | LiteSpeed | SSL | DDoS Protection - OCTOBER SALE #1! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[NL] DirectAdmin Hosting + Resellers | LiteSpeed | SSL | DDoS Protection - OCTOBER SALE #1!

Comments

• You need a 10G Amd Epyc VPS!

sure ;)

• @HostSlick said:
    There will be deals!
    I have some ideas.
    You need a 10G Amd Epyc VPS!

2c - 8GB RAM , would be nice to add as a db node.

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • @HostSlick said:
    Shared4 sucked up after a failed Cloudlinux upgrade (from Centos) we are making on all servers (and has been tested on a emtpy DA server).
    Missing libraries, missing OS info, whole OS broken.
    (we recently started to use cloudlinux)

First the server didnt even want to boot " failed to switch to root path /sysroot does not seem to be an OS tree "

We have made 2x clones of the server before we started fixing it and my colleague, Kushal, has been working on it since the morning today, more then 10 hours. He will shortly contiune with work to restore the affected server.

CentOS, depencies and libraries are fixed already. Only MariaDB still dont want to start up.
    But all data is intact. New Error " Failed at step EXEC spawning "
    Whole OS was broken.

I cant let him contiune to work. He just wrote me he is tired and wants sleep. He will contiune asap.

affected customers can be moved to a other node if they want and get full account credit for their service.

CloudLinux support denies that its that so we are kind on our own. Even though we both could confirm ourself its related to and even removed their kernel to restore back. It will be fixed.
    It looks good for now

I am on shared3 but domain is not reachable. dedicated ip works. your nameservers do not meet the requirements for .de domains. we had this topic before...

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@hyperblast said:

@HostSlick said:
    Shared4 sucked up after a failed Cloudlinux upgrade (from Centos) we are making on all servers (and has been tested on a emtpy DA server).

First the server didnt even want to boot " failed to switch to root path /sysroot does not seem to be an OS tree "

We have made 2x clones of the server before we started fixing it and my colleague, Kushal, has been working on it since the morning today, more then 10 hours. He will shortly contiune with work to restore the affected server.

CentOS, depencies and libraries are fixed already. Only MariaDB still dont want to start up.
    Whole OS was broken.

I cant let him contiune to work. He just wrote me he is tired and wants sleep. He will contiune asap.

affected customers can be moved to a other node if they want and get full account credit for their service.

CloudLinux support denies that its that so we are kind on our own. Even though we both could confirm ourself its related to and even removed their kernel to restore back. It will be fixed.
    It looks good for now

I am on shared3 but domain is not reachable. dedicated ip works. your nameservers do not meet the requirements for .de domains. we had this topic before...

Your NS is on Shared4 because the shared3 ones didnt work i remember. I will have the records added back to the new server, serving it now

• @HostSlick said:

@hyperblast said:

@HostSlick said:

Whole OS was broken.

It looks good for now

Your NS is on Shared4 because the shared3 ones didnt work i remember. I will have the records added back to the new server, serving it now

don't stress. i just wanted to point out the fact. my site is not a 1 million dollar business. ;)

as you maybe remember for .de domains ns1 and ns2 must have different ips otherwise this will not work properly.

• Thank you for your hard work.(·ω·)b
    I am not living Shared4, but I am grateful that they send information.
    Many places won't tell me what happened.

Thanked by 1Egyarmy

@Konbu said:
    Thank you for your hard work.(·ω·)b
    I am not living Shared4, but I am grateful that they send information.
    Many places won't tell me what happened.

Shared4 users are on a brand-new nvme server with Cloudlinux and all is fixed meanwhile !

• ipv6 on almere still dead ?

edited October 2022

@cold said:
    ipv6 on almere still dead ?

No Ipv6 in almere is working and never been "dead".
    Use ticket system to communicate, you will receive reply asap as we clean the support department from Shared4 tickets

• @HostSlick
    Hi. If I buy Reseller Special 2022 I now, can I upgrade it to Reseller Special 2022 II later?

@skizio said:
    @HostSlick
    Hi. If I buy Reseller Special 2022 I now, can I upgrade it to Reseller Special 2022 II later?

Yes :)

• skizioskizio Member
    edited October 2022

@HostSlick said:

@skizio said:
    @HostSlick

What the resource limit for each account?

@skizio said:

@HostSlick said:

@skizio said:
    @HostSlick

What the resource limit for each account?

VE_DEFAULT
    Memory 1G
    IO 1MB/s
    IOPS 1042
    EP 20
    NPROC 100
    INODES - no limit

• @HostSlick : That IO of 1MB/s is this not a bit low?
    ( I don't know about the practical impact on speed with this ).

a) Is it per thread or per website / per (whole) reseller?

b) When hosting files like concert photo's that are a few MB's, would that impact the time that it would take to show them in the webbrowser?
    Therefor limiting download speeds?

c) If a MySQL table has about 100MB in data in it, and a query is searching through that database. Could that technically take 100 seconds ?
    Or when backuping up a database in phpMyAdmin, can it only do 1MB/s ?

kind regards, Henk

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
    edited October 2022

@henkb said:
    @HostSlick : That IO of 1MB/s is this not a bit low?
    ( I don't know about the practical impact on speed with this ).

a) Is it per thread or per website / per (whole) reseller?

b) When hosting files like concert photo's that are a few MB's, would that impact the time that it would take to show them in the webbrowser?
    Therefor limiting download speeds?

c) If a MySQL table has about 100MB in data in it, and a query is searching through that database. Could that technically take 100 seconds ?
    Or when backuping up a database in phpMyAdmin, can it only do 1MB/s ?

kind regards, Henk

No 1MB/s is a great amount.
    Its per account. 1MB/s is a good 8MB per second after all.
    Its the CloudLinux default settings for this plans

b) c) no.

The 1MB/S limit fit most. Its LowEnd price segment after all.
    We can make custom quotes with higher limits but it reflects on the price indeed. Just inquire support

Thanked by 1henkb
  • I can't recommend this shared hosting.
    PHP 8.1 lsphp version does not work, every PHP call returns with "403 forbidden" response.
    Support can't solve this issue.

@dragon1993 said:
    I can't recommend this shared hosting.
    PHP 8.1 lsphp version does not work, every PHP call returns with "403 forbidden" response.

can you send me ticket number DM?
    it might be one specific server. But you can also be moved to a other one.

• @HostSlick said:

@dragon1993 said:
    I can't recommend this shared hosting.

can you send me ticket number DM?
    it might be one specific server. But you can also be moved to a other one.

I opened a new one (#198816) because the old ticked deleted.

• henkbhenkb Member
    edited October 2022

@HostSlick said: The 1MB/S limit fit most. Its LowEnd price segment after all.
    We can make custom quotes with higher limits but it reflects on the price indeed. Just inquire support

Thank you for the reply.
    1MB/s does not look much when transferring data.
    But I have no reference with webhosting with this limit, so thats why I asked.

One more question, because it is not 100% clear for me.
    When I would go for a reseller account.
    Would "all" the sub-accounts fall under my account and so have only 1MB/s for all those accounts?
    Or would every sub-account have 1MB/s limit?

Kind regards, Henk

Thanked by 1Egyarmy

@henkb said:

@HostSlick said: The 1MB/S limit fit most. Its LowEnd price segment after all.

Thank you for the reply.
    1MB/s does not look much when transferring data.
    But I have no reference with webhosting with this limit, so thats why I asked.

One more question, because it is not 100% clear for me.
    When I would go for a reseller account.
    Would "all" the sub-accounts fall under my account and so have only 1MB/s for all those accounts?
    Or would every sub-account have 1MB/s limit?

Kind regards, Henk

Sure, so, the limit is per account you create. Not your whole reseller. :smile:

Thanked by 1henkb
  • @HostSlick said:

Thnx for explaining, good to know and for weighing the pros and cons.
    Kind regards, Henk

Thanked by 1Egyarmy

@henkb said:

@HostSlick said:

Thnx for explaining, good to know and for weighing the pros and cons.
    Kind regards, Henk

No problem at all :)

Thanked by 1henkb
  • The MySQL Server on Shared2 has been overloaded with "too many connections" all day 31/10/22. Nobody is replying to my ticket so my website has been off all day :(

• Hi @HostSlick

The node for the shared hosting has become unstable with regular downtime.

Please assist. Thanks.

• Hi @HostSlick

Any plan in bringing the node online again?

Not losing anything with the hobby site down but it would be nice to know when it would be up again.

Thanks.

• @swat4 said:
    Hi @HostSlick

Any plan in bringing the node online again?

Not losing anything with the hobby site down but it would be nice to know when it would be up again.

Thanks.

i wonder whats the excuse this time is...

• @HostSlick said:

@ehab said:

@HostSlick said:

I am not affected but started to appreciate your updates and transparency.

Keep it up and stay brutal.

look forward for BF from you.

There will be deals!
    I have some ideas.

What disk SSD or NVMe? What limits per account? Please share more info:

CPU
    I/O Limit
    IOPS Limit
    Physical Memory Limit
    EPROC (Entry Processes) Limit
    NPROC Limit
    INODE Limit

• @Darius said:

@HostSlick said:

@ehab said:

@HostSlick said:

I am not affected but started to appreciate your updates and transparency.

Keep it up and stay brutal.

look forward for BF from you.

There will be deals!
    I have some ideas.

What disk SSD or NVMe? What limits per account? Please share more info:

CPU
    I/O Limit
    IOPS Limit
    Physical Memory Limit
    EPROC (Entry Processes) Limit
    NPROC Limit
    INODE Limit

VE_DEFAULT
    Memory 1G
    IO 1MB/s
    IOPS 1042
    EP 20
    NPROC 100
    INODES - no limit

node is down, avoid like the plague..

Thanked by 1Darius
  • and almere is AGAIN offline ! awesome !!!!

i think @HostSlick is trying to compete against @VirMach

• @cold said:
    and almere is AGAIN offline ! awesome !!!!

i think @HostSlick is trying to compete against @VirMach

it's back online, just a short outage.