Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is speedypage hosting good
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is speedypage hosting good

Hi

After comparing multiple hosting provides I have finalised on speedypage hosting since it fits my budget and they have a DC in Singapore.

It would be really helpful if any existing customers can share they experience regarding them.

Thanks

Comments

• @kathir said:
    Hi

After comparing multiple hosting provides I have finalised on speedypage hosting since it fits my budget and they have a DC in Singapore.

It would be really helpful if any existing customers can share they experience regarding them.

Thanks

shouldn’t you ask such questions before finalizing ?

• UK location is so far very good.

Thanked by 2kathir speedypage
  • Carlin0Carlin0 Member
    edited October 2022

I have a cheap VPS in UK since April...great service, fast support and they even upgraded the hardware with NVME disks without increasing the price ;)

Thanked by 2kathir speedypage
  • @jmaxwell said:

@kathir said:
    Hi

Thanks

shouldn’t you ask such questions before finalizing ?

Good question.

I actually finalized it based on the spec and the cost.
    Now before buying I would like to know any reviews from their existing customers.

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider

@mrTom said:
    UK location is so far very good.

@Carlin0 said:
    I have a cheap VPS in London since April...great service, fast support and they even upgraded the hardware with NVME disks without increasing the price ;)

Thanks for the comments :)

The UK will in the coming days also become Ryzen-based, unfortunately some of our legacy plans won't be able to be transferred as they were too low cost but we're always upgrading!

I would hope that every customer we have has had a good experience. We try to go the extra mile for our customers and would be happy to assist with any questions you may have about the service @kathir

• I have their WordPress plan in SG,so far good, no complaints, support is fast, have received replies within 15 mins

• Their NY location moved to Ashburn. So, if it's good now, don't count on it on being good in the future because they can always pull the rug on you.

edited October 2022

@mosquitoguy said:
    Their NY location moved to Ashburn. So, if it's good now, don't count on it on being good in the future because they can always pull the rug on you.

Thanks for the feedback!

I wouldn't really equate our move to Ashburn as the 'rug being pulled' nor a reflection on the service provided. New York was our preference for US East, and we would have remained there if it was possible to continue to grow our capacity at the rate required without any hindrances. Unfortunately this was not possible and we had overflowing hardware with no way of getting immediately more with the existing supplier due to being out of stock.

We moved to Ashburn as there was no equivalent alternative supplier in New York and it is very nearby (5ms of latency). This also allowed infinite scalability while both improving the hardware used (5900X upgraded to 5950X) as well as much better network transit and DDoS protection (DataPacket).

I understand not everyone would be happy with such a move but in official terms, we received one complaint regarding the migration for which the user was offered a full refund for services that had already been active for 4-6+ months and we also offered assistance in migrating to another provider. To counter this, we received I believe 5 replies thanking us for continuing to improve the service.

Overall, this move was the best one available to us and improved the services our customers received without increasing their pricing.

Thanked by 1Claverhouse
  • @speedypage said:
    I wouldn't really equate our move to Ashburn as the 'rug being pulled' nor a reflection on the service provided. New York was our preference for US East, and we would have remained there if it was possible to continue to grow our capacity at the rate required without any hindrances. Unfortunately this was not possible and we had overflowing hardware with no way of getting immediately more with the existing supplier due to being out of stock.

I understand stuff happens, but the rug was pulled under me because you announced this decision one week in advance, instead of one or even two billing cycles. While this move probably doesn't affect a majority of your customers, location and data center matters to me. If I had wanted ashburn vps, I would've gone to misaka in equinix dc10.

• Sadly @speedypage didn't reply to my PM from August :/

• One of the best hosting I have used under budget. I think they have an entire physical core assigned to each account, and I am seeing fast page load times, 98/100 on WP without caching!
    Support is decent, they are responding under 10 minutes most of the time.

Although one thing I am concerned about is their prices, I am not sure if they are profitable and making money out of shared hosting.

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • They are absolutely great!

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • @mosquitoguy said:

@speedypage said:

I understand stuff happens, but the rug was pulled under me because you announced this decision one week in advance, instead of one or even two billing cycles. While this move probably doesn't affect a majority of your customers, location and data center matters to me. If I had wanted ashburn vps, I would've gone to misaka in equinix dc10.

What ? I even don't know this announcement and never receive an email about it.

• @ssssteveson said:

@mosquitoguy said:

@speedypage said:

What ? I even don't know this announcement and never receive an email about it.

There was a problem in the middle, but now it's solved.Their service is really great. Trust me.

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • @mosquitoguy said:
    If I had wanted ashburn vps, I would've gone to misaka in equinix dc10.

Misaka also uses CDN77/Datapacket in Ashburn, although I think also with a mix of Voxility. You're getting basically the exact same thing with SpeedyPage but for cheaper. Overall Datapacket's network is far superior to what SpeedyPage were previously using in New York. It sounds like if you want a refund based on your VPS moving then you can get it, but your VM got a massive upgrade as long as NYC wasn't a hard requirement.

Thanked by 2Arkas speedypage
  • mosquitoguymosquitoguy Barred
    edited October 2022

@LiliLabs said:
    Misaka also uses CDN77/Datapacket in Ashburn, although I think also with a mix of Voxility. You're getting basically the exact same thing with SpeedyPage but for cheaper. Overall Datapacket's network is far superior to what SpeedyPage were previously using in New York. It sounds like if you want a refund based on your VPS moving then you can get it, but your VM got a massive upgrade as long as NYC wasn't a hard requirement.

I don't know about that. Here's a traceroute snippet to University of Indonesia from speedypage ashburn:

15 182.253.99.146 (182.253.99.146) 299.839 ms 299.656 ms 182.253.99.126 (182.253.99.126) 294.790 ms

Here's a different snippet to University of Indonesia from plox.host (they're in TeleHouse data center in NY):

17 182.253.99.146 (182.253.99.146) 232.561 ms 233.030 ms 232.237 ms

Looks like a severe downgrade to me. :) I've never tried misaka's ashburn location but just because they have the same upstream peering doesn't always mean the traffic will go over the same route.

EDIT: I forgot Misaka has looking glass. here's their MTR output:

14 182.253.99.146 DKI Jakarta, Indonesia (biznetnetworks.com) 0.0% 10 230.34 232.01 230.26 236.22 2.27

So nope, misaka is better (it goes over HE instead of CDN77/Cogent).

• sadly,
    @speedypage is DMCA strict,
    they quickly following up the complaints same like replying to a ticket.

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • overall they are friendly, very professional, rapid response, and good gesturing all the time.

Thanked by 1speedypage
    edited October 2022

@mosquitoguy said:

@LiliLabs said:

I don't know about that. Here's a traceroute snippet to University of Indonesia from speedypage ashburn:

15 182.253.99.146 (182.253.99.146) 299.839 ms 299.656 ms 182.253.99.126 (182.253.99.126) 294.790 ms

Here's a different snippet to University of Indonesia from plox.host (they're in TeleHouse data center in NY):

17 182.253.99.146 (182.253.99.146) 232.561 ms 233.030 ms 232.237 ms

Looks like a severe downgrade to me. :) I've never tried misaka's ashburn location but just because they have the same upstream peering doesn't always mean the traffic will go over the same route.

EDIT: I forgot Misaka has looking glass. here's their MTR output:

14 182.253.99.146 DKI Jakarta, Indonesia (biznetnetworks.com) 0.0% 10 230.34 232.01 230.26 236.22 2.27

So nope, misaka is better (it goes over HE instead of CDN77/Cogent).

@mosquitoguy Please feel free to reach out to our ticket support with any specific route adjustments needed, we can contact DataPacket and put these in place. If Misaka can route over HE from DP (and it isn't some form of direct transit), we can do the exact same.

The total latency increase is about 5ms from New York, that huge increase is due to a complete path change and should be possible to make better. At the same time, DataPackets network is far better then our last and I have no doubt there will be routes that were 280ms with them before and now will be 230 with DataPacket.

As mentioned by @LiliLabs - a refund is fully on offer here and we do not make any attempt to try and coach users to remain after the migration. We completely understand people might have a hard or specific requirement for New York and we are more than open to both refunding these users and assisting in migration to another provider. To date, we have provided a total of two refunds due to it being a hard requirement of New York.

I really do thank you for your feedback here. It shows us how to improve and what we can do differently in the future.

• mosquitoguymosquitoguy Barred
    edited October 2022

@speedypage said:
    The total latency increase is about 5ms from New York, that huge increase is due to a complete path change and should be possible to make better. At the same time, DataPackets network is far better then our last and I have no doubt there will be routes that were 280ms with them before and now will be 230 with DataPacket.

I encourage you to do that. Here's ping to shockhosting's tokyo looking glass and psychz's singapore looking glass from your ashburn location:

64 bytes from 43.230.163.3: icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=167 ms

64 bytes from 103.126.138.20: icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=227 ms

Same ping from plox.host NYC:

64 bytes from 43.230.163.3: icmp_seq=1 ttl=51 time=140 ms

64 bytes from 103.126.138.20: icmp_seq=2 ttl=50 time=207 ms

What I do in any vps or server is check latency and routes to key places around the world-- Singapore, Tokyo, Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, New York, London, Amsterdam, Moscow. This is just my routine way of evaluating a network-- I don't create tickets for them.

• mwtmwt Member

My experience has been very good in NY/VA

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • rober7rober7 Member
    edited October 2022

I am with them for 3-4 months now, the longest "relationship" i ever had with any LET providers.
    I am very pleased with the speed (peering or whatever is called) of my website over the world.
    This is the first provider where the performance keeps (~) the same even after 1 month (usually on other providers after 1 month GB5 drops by at least 25%). They had some drops lately but i see they recovered.

Bottom line - the best i ever had on LET.

Thanked by 1speedypage
    edited October 2022

@mosquitoguy said:

@speedypage said:

I encourage you to do that. Here's ping to shockhosting's tokyo looking glass and psychz's singapore looking glass from your ashburn location:

64 bytes from 43.230.163.3: icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=167 ms

64 bytes from 103.126.138.20: icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=227 ms

Same ping from plox.host NYC:

64 bytes from 43.230.163.3: icmp_seq=1 ttl=51 time=140 ms

64 bytes from 103.126.138.20: icmp_seq=2 ttl=50 time=207 ms

What I do in any vps or server is check latency and routes to key places around the world-- Singapore, Tokyo, Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, New York, London, Amsterdam, Moscow. This is just my routine way of evaluating a network-- I don't create tickets for them.

This isn't an issue I can re-produce myself currently, please find the results of our own ping:

64 bytes from 182.253.99.146: icmp_seq=1 ttl=240 time=240 ms 64 bytes from 182.253.99.146: icmp_seq=2 ttl=240 time=240 ms 64 bytes from 182.253.99.146: icmp_seq=3 ttl=240 time=240 ms 64 bytes from 182.253.99.146: icmp_seq=4 ttl=240 time=240 ms 64 bytes from 182.253.99.146: icmp_seq=5 ttl=240 time=240 ms 64 bytes from 182.253.99.146: icmp_seq=6 ttl=240 time=240 ms 64 bytes from 182.253.99.146: icmp_seq=7 ttl=240 time=240 ms 64 bytes from 182.253.99.146: icmp_seq=8 ttl=240 time=240 ms

The route goes through CDN77 > Comcast > HE > Destination, the same as Misaka. I'm not sure if there was something potentially happening last night that caused a re-route as I never got to test it but one of our networking guys did and sent me this:

They were receiving 235ms over the same route so it looks like it might be affected by the return route potentially. Either way, if you ever see a route that looks a bit out of the ordinary, please do feel free to reach out as adjustments can be made 99% of the time.

• @speedypage will you have any deals this Black Friday?

• @speedypage said:
    This isn't an issue I can re-produce myself currently, please find the results of our own ping:

Sorry that IP was an intermediate route from a traceroute. Use this IP from your ashburn location: 182.253.87.222

compare to misaka's ashburn traceroute and you'll see the difference: https://ping.sx/mtr?t=182.253.87.222&p=1

misaka's is about 235ms and yours is about 290ms.

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited October 2022

While I have no experience with SpeedyPage in SG, I do have services with them elsewhere and also work closely with them (hint) - where I would like to add that I am finding Max to be very reliable in terms of doing business, something that obviously reflects in the way he treats his clients.

Thanked by 1ElonBezos