Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

β€Ί Free NAT KVMs! -- Twelve Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org - Page 32
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free NAT KVMs! -- Twelve Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org

Comments

• @Not_Oles said:
    @Ganonk

Hi Friend!

Not at all trying to give you a hard time, but, as usual, I am confused. :)

From October 4 to October 15 is 11 days (15 - 4 = 11).

But, during that 11 day period it looks like the uptime only increased by 7 days (112 - 105 = 7).

What caused the 4 day difference (11 - 7 = 4) between the days as counted by the calendar and the days as counted by the uptime monitor?

Best wishes and kindest regards!

Tom

Helly My Father ;)

on my comment https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3731172/#Comment_3731172 is 8 October πŸ‘ˆon this vm is my Last Login

sorry if i make you confused :grin:

Thanked by 2Not_Oles ariq01
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@arachi004 said:
    unfortunately I don't have enough "thanks"

Happily you have a good ratio of thanks to comments! That good ratio suggests that all you need to do is talk more often! Like, right now, your comment got a thank-you from me. :) Please keep commenting. Please come back and get your FreeVPS soon! :)

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly

@Ganonk said:

@Not_Oles said:
    @Ganonk

Hi Friend!

Not at all trying to give you a hard time, but, as usual, I am confused. :)

From October 4 to October 15 is 11 days (15 - 4 = 11).

But, during that 11 day period it looks like the uptime only increased by 7 days (112 - 105 = 7).

What caused the 4 day difference (11 - 7 = 4) between the days as counted by the calendar and the days as counted by the uptime monitor?

Best wishes and kindest regards!

Tom

Helly My Father ;)

on my comment https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3731172/#Comment_3731172 is 8 October πŸ‘ˆon this vm is my Last Login

sorry if i make you confused :grin:

Haha, I knew I was making a mistake! Thank you for rescuing me! Best wishes! Tom <3

Thanked by 2FatGrizzly Ganonk
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

#HappyFirstBdayFreeVPS.

• HappyFirstBdayFreeVPS ✨✨

Too bad, I reinstalled my VPS few days ago :disappointed: here is my uptime

root@ariq01-freevps:~# uptime
     11:14:50 up 24 days, 20:27,  1 user,  load average: 0.07, 0.02, 0.00

• HappyFirstBdayFreeVPS.

• @sh97 said:

Hey, LET Community!

It's time to get the confetti cannons ready and put on your party hats because we are turning ONE!

As part of our first-anniversary celebrations, we want to show our appreciation for your incredible support and enthusiasm. What better way to do that than with an awesome giveaway?!

πŸŽ‰ Giveaway Prizes πŸŽ‰
    3x 256MB RAM upgrades
    3x 5GB Disk upgrades
    There will be only a single pool combined from all green forum entrants

How to Enter
    Simply comment on this thread with the hashtag "#HappyFirstBdayFreeVPS."
    Remember, only one entry per person, so make it count!

But wait, there's more!

Bonus 256MB Giveaway
    Feeling competitive? Show off your Free VPS uptime! Share your impressive uptime stats, and the person with the highest uptime will receive a bonus 256MB RAM upgrade! No cheating, please!

Giveaway Timeline
    Entries will open today and run for one week, ending on October 15th at 17:00 GMT+5:30. So, make sure to get your entries in before the clock strikes!

We can't express enough how grateful we are for your continued support. FreeVPS.org wouldn't be what it is today without YOU, our amazing community.

Let's make this anniversary celebration unforgettable! Spread the word, invite your friends, and let's have a blast!

Thank you for an incredible year, and here's to many more together! πŸ₯‚πŸŽ‰

Thanked by 1Carlin0
  • @Ganonk said:

@sh97 said:

Hey, LET Community!

It's time to get the confetti cannons ready and put on your party hats because we are turning ONE!

As part of our first-anniversary celebrations, we want to show our appreciation for your incredible support and enthusiasm. What better way to do that than with an awesome giveaway?!

πŸŽ‰ Giveaway Prizes πŸŽ‰
    3x 256MB RAM upgrades
    3x 5GB Disk upgrades
    There will be only a single pool combined from all green forum entrants

How to Enter
    Simply comment on this thread with the hashtag "#HappyFirstBdayFreeVPS."
    Remember, only one entry per person, so make it count!

But wait, there's more!

Bonus 256MB Giveaway
    Feeling competitive? Show off your Free VPS uptime! Share your impressive uptime stats, and the person with the highest uptime will receive a bonus 256MB RAM upgrade! No cheating, please!

Giveaway Timeline
    Entries will open today and run for one week, ending on October 15th at 17:00 GMT+5:30. So, make sure to get your entries in before the clock strikes!

We can't express enough how grateful we are for your continued support. FreeVPS.org wouldn't be what it is today without YOU, our amazing community.

Let's make this anniversary celebration unforgettable! Spread the word, invite your friends, and let's have a blast!

Thank you for an incredible year, and here's to many more together! πŸ₯‚πŸŽ‰

Yup, the draw will be happening in a few days time.

I'm currently traveling, and the other volunteers in FVPS are also occupied with some personal stuff, so the draw has to wait. πŸ˜•

• HappyFirstBdayFreeVPS.

• I would like to use it to host my hobby Discord bot. Please nearest Asia if possible. Thanks #ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, and #ThanksWebHorizon for free NAT VPS.

Client No: 2228
    Your ID: 295189147119

• The giveaway results are finally here!
    Congrats to the winners.
    Please leave your Client ID here; your resources will be bumped in the upcoming days.

RAM WINNERS [ @rasping5978, @kheng86, @selalumenang ]

MEM WINNERS [ @BasToTheMax, @babywhale, @Ganonk ]

Uptime winners will be announced later.

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2023

@sh97 said: Please leave your Client ID here;

It looks like I won :wink:

Client No: 2057
    Your ID: 274293267396

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @sh97 said:
    Please leave your Client ID here;

Yay! Thank you so much!

Client No: 2212
    Your ID: 563141208631

Congrats to the other winners too, and all the best for the uptime winners :)

• Congrats to the winners πŸŽ‰

• @sh97 said:
    The giveaway results are finally here!
    Congrats to the winners.
    Please leave your Client ID here; your resources will be bumped in the upcoming days.

Client No: 2216
    Your ID: 489780280367

:open_mouth:

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @sh97 said:
    Congrats to the winners.

Client No : 2013
    My ID : 805154014099

• @sh97 said:
    Congrats to the winners.

Client No: 2214
    Your ID: 860454740961

Thank you 😊

Thanked by 2Not_Oles rasping5978
  • I've seen this thread a million times and this is the first time I've actually opened it up. Pretty cool!

I'd like to check out either Dallas or Chicago if possible!

Thank you!

Client No: 2234
    Your ID: 266299732071

ThanksGTHost #Thankscrunchbits #ThanksScaleBlade #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten #ThanksWebHorizon

Thanked by 2Ganonk Not_Oles
  • @sh97 said:
    Congrats to the winners.

Congratulations @rasping5978, @kheng86, @selalumenang, @BasToTheMax, @babywhale, and @Ganonk!

• user @selalumenang does not exist, how can someone who's not even exist win?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @BasToTheMax said:

@sh97 said: Please leave your Client ID here;

It looks like I won :wink:

Client No: 2057
    Your ID: 274293267396

@rasping5978 said:

@sh97 said:
    Please leave your Client ID here;

Yay! Thank you so much!

Client No: 2212
    Your ID: 563141208631

Congrats to the other winners too, and all the best for the uptime winners :)

@babywhale said:

@sh97 said:
    Congrats to the winners.

Client No: 2216
    Your ID: 489780280367

:open_mouth:

@Ganonk said:

@sh97 said:
    Congrats to the winners.

Client No : 2013
    My ID : 805154014099

@kheng86 said:

@sh97 said:
    Congrats to the winners.

Client No: 2214
    Your ID: 860454740961

Thank you 😊

Upgrades applied, reboot from panel to see changes.
    For those who have location as Tokyo, your port speed is bumped to 150Mbps, since we do not have resources there for RAM/Disk upgrade.

• @didtav said:
    user @selalumenang does not exist, how can someone who's not even exist win?

As mentioned before, the draw is taken from both LET and LES, this user exists in LES.

• @kainjinez said:
    I would like to use it to host my hobby Discord bot. Please nearest Asia if possible. Thanks #ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, and #ThanksWebHorizon for free NAT VPS.

Hi, it looks like you do not have enough recent posts. Almost there, so keep posting, reapply when you are ready and we will deploy a server for you soon :)

@Don_Keedic said:
    I've seen this thread a million times and this is the first time I've actually opened it up. Pretty cool!

Thank you!

ThanksGTHost #Thankscrunchbits #ThanksScaleBlade #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten #ThanksWebHorizon

Deployed you in Dallas since we have a lot of resources available there :)

Thanked by 2FatGrizzly Not_Oles
  • @sh97 said:

@kainjinez said:
    I would like to use it to host my hobby Discord bot. Please nearest Asia if possible. Thanks #ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, and #ThanksWebHorizon for free NAT VPS.

Hi, it looks like you do not have enough recent posts. Almost there, so keep posting, reapply when you are ready and we will deploy a server for you soon :)

@Don_Keedic said:
    I've seen this thread a million times and this is the first time I've actually opened it up. Pretty cool!

Thank you!

Deployed you in Dallas since we have a lot of resources available there :)

Thank you @sh97 and @PieHasBeenEaten! :)

• @Xrmaddness said:

@sh97 said:
    Congrats to the winners.

Congratulations @rasping5978, @kheng86, @selalumenang, @BasToTheMax, @babywhale, and @Ganonk!

thank you all

Morning guys!

Welcome to new neighbors!

Congrats to contest winners!

@GTHost kindly has replaced the disks on the PHX node, which has been reinstalled with Debian 12. Thanks GTHost! Special thanks to GTHost support for always being around, always being friendly, and always helping with everything! <3 Now the FreeVPS Team needs to install Virtfusion. Thanks @VirtFusion!

Shhh! Don't tell anybody, but it looks like we might have not one, not two, but maybe even three new Nodes coming up soon! Perhaps as early as next week.

The Team told me this morning that FreeVPS has 80 active VPSes!

Depending on whether the new nodes are included in the Node count, FreeVPS.org has between about eight and about eleven Nodes.

FreeVPS.org might incorporate soon. Maybe in the US, maybe in England, maybe in India, maybe elsewhere. If somebody wants to join the FreeVPS Team, help us out, and ride along through the incorporation process (if it happens) -- might be a chance to learn how to start your own startup.

FreeVPS has three really great guys, @sh97, @TheOnlyDK, and @FatGrizzly, on the FreeVPS volunteer, unpaid admin team. Recently, however, FreeVPS went through a time I imagined could never happen! All three guys were taken out temporarily by important life events. Unbelievably, that means FreeVPS needs at least one and maybe two more volunteer, unpaid guys on the FreeVPS admin Team. The current Team likes to use Debian 12, VirtFusion, and Blesta. So, to join the team, it would help to have experience with these or at least a great interest in learning. If you might be interested in joining the FreeVPS admin Team, please post here or get in touch at the email on my profile with a resume or CV. Sorry, I can't access LinkedIn.

• @sh97 said:

Hi Guys!

Good morning from the Sonoran Desert! Here's the latest FreeVPS.org update!

• New Nodes

If you take a look at the FreeVPS website you can see that four new Hypervisor Nodes have been added. That's

-- Sweden (Thanks InternetPort!), 
    -- Ohio (Thanks Microtronix!), and 
    -- Utah (Thanks HostEONS!) in the USA, plus 
    -- Romania (Thanks Hosteroid!). 

A Team member already has logged in and done work on the new Sweden, Ohio, and Utah Nodes. Team members are in the process of installing VirtFusion (Thanks VirtFusion!) and testing. I expect that the Team will make a lot of progress this coming weekend.

• Phoenix

It's been mentioned that PHX is back up with replacement drives (Thanks GTHost!). PHX has a few extra IPv4s, which gave us the idea of provisioning a few larger free VPSes, each with its own static IPv4 instead of NAT. (Of course, there also is IPv6.) GTHost kindly gave permission to try, so the Team has been talking about it. A concern which arose in our Team discussions was the possibility that larger free VPSes with static IPv4 might invite abuse.

• New FreeVPS Team Members

Two wonderful guys have requested to join the FreeVPS Team! Thanks to you both for your willingness to contribute to the Low End community! Over the upcoming days I expect that FreeVPS will approve both your applications and get both of you integrated into the very fun Team chat, where there is lots of humor.

• Beer Money Received

We have been thinking about incorporating FreeVPS. Incorporating came up in the context of a potential bare metal server Node sponsor insisting that someone pay $5 once a year for the sponsored server so that the police (he actually said "police") in his country would know who was responsible for the server. A corporate registration might regularize FreeVPS' signups with our providers. There is also at least a possibility of a charitable tax exemption.

To pay the costs of possible incorporation, I asked the Community to pledge possible contributions. The current status of the pledges is

$160 - ($40 + $16 + $20 + $7) = $77 to go

The $160 is arbitrary. It's based on the incorporation fee charged by Delaware.

Amusingly, one of our more wonderful Community stalwarts, just forwarded funds via PayPal to the email address on my profile. This happened even though he clearly understood that FreeVPS might not incorporate. He called it "beer money." Haha! FreeVPS now has $19.40 to go toward incorporation or beer expenses. :)

• FreeVPS Neighbors

For you guys who are active and helpful here on the Low End, and who meet the requirements in the OP, FreeVPS would love to give out more free VPSes. So please ask, and the Team happily will get a free VPS up and running for you! FreeVPS has over 80 VPSes running now, and we have room for many more!

• I'm curious how many free users there are.