Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free NAT KVMs! -- Twelve Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free NAT KVMs! -- Twelve Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org

Comments

• @jignes_k said:
    not sure if i can qualify yet, but thanks anyways for offering the service.

ThanksGTHost

Keep posting and contribute to the community, when we re-open for applications, you could have a chance then :)

Thanked by 2Not_Oles jignes_k
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Which reminds me that the original @GTHost Chicago node's ~25 free VPSes have been running great all this time! Hope you guys are enjoying your free VPSes! :)

root@chi1:~# vnstat -i eno1
    Database updated: 2023-01-13 15:05:00

eno1 since 2022-10-27

rx:  697.06 GiB      tx:  365.10 GiB      total:  1.04 TiB

monthly
                     rx      |     tx      |    total    |   avg. rate
     ------------------------+-------------+-------------+---------------
       2022-12     66.78 GiB |   32.53 GiB |   99.31 GiB |  318.50 kbit/s
       2023-01    561.93 GiB |  300.15 GiB |  862.08 GiB |    6.79 Mbit/s
     estimated      1.35 TiB |  736.79 GiB |    2.07 TiB |

daily
                     rx      |     tx      |    total    |   avg. rate
     yesterday     44.55 GiB |   31.98 GiB |   76.53 GiB |    7.61 Mbit/s
         today     46.15 GiB |   25.03 GiB |   71.18 GiB |   11.26 Mbit/s
     estimated     73.43 GiB |   39.82 GiB |  113.25 GiB |
     root@chi1:~#

ThanksGTHost

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK Ympker
  • FrankRuanFrankRuan Member
    edited January 2023

@GTHost @TheOnlyDK
    I donated 5$ (for membership) and 2$ (for pure donation) to the Free Software Foundation, I want to support the free software. Here's the proof.

https://imgur.com/a/VtUA3oA

For specs, I may need the biggest because I want to use it to distribute some of the GNU software.
    I need three ports, one for SSH, and the other two for backup use (I will use IPv6 as my web front)

ThanksGTHost, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, #Thankscrunchbits

Thanked by 2FatGrizzly Not_Oles
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@FrankRuan said:
    @GTHost @TheOnlyDK
    I donated 5$ (for membership) and 2$ (for pure donation) to the Free Software Foundation, I want to support the free software. Here's the proof.

For specs, I may need the biggest because I want to use it to distribute some of the GNU software.
    I need three ports, one for SSH, and the other two for backup use (I will use IPv6 as my web front)

Thanks for donating to FSF!

I have two options for you,
    Our current Chicago node(Thanks @GTHost) runs PVE, which we're soon planning to migrate to Virtfusion, or you can wait a little and grab a VM in Idaho(Thanks @crunchbits).

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
    edited January 2023

We are excited to announce that we have now implemented NAT IPv4 and dedicated IPv6 /80 blocks in our @Crunchbits server, and we are currently in the process of configuring Blesta and designing a new website.

We are also pleased to announce that we have switched from Proxmox to Virtfusion, which will provide a more robust and user-friendly platform for our customers. This change allows us to offer more features and better performance.

We understand that many of our users have been eagerly awaiting this update, and we are thrilled to finally be able to offer these services. We are currently working on finalizing the details of our FreeVPS offerings, and will be providing more information in the coming days.

We would like to thank LET community members for their patience and support as we have worked to implement these new configurations. We are confident that the improvements we have made will provide a better experience for all of our users.

We are excited to start provisioning FreeVPS soon and will keep you updated as we move forward.

Best regards,
    The FreeVPS.org Team.

#ThanksGTHost
    #ThanksTheOnlyDK
    #ThanksDP
    #ThanksNot_Oles
    #ThanksFatGrizzly
    #Thanksyoursunny
    #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten
    #ThanksCloudie
    #Thanksrandom.org
    #ThanksLET
    #ThanksVirtfusion
    #ThanksCrunchbits

Thanked by 2Not_Oles TheOnlyDK
  • kdhkdh Member
    edited January 2023

I made a 5$ donation to a Ukraine Charity called 'Ukrfund' and a 2$ donation to support the elderly in Korea.

Proof 1: https://imgur.com/8B6SI3S
    Proof 2: https://imgur.com/ZLS2YSB

I may need the biggest since I'm planning to run Calibre Web with this VM.
    I need a few IPv4 ports and a small block of IPv6s.

@kdh said:
    I made a 5$ donation to a Ukraine Charity called 'Ukrfund' and a 2$ donation to support the elderly in Korea.

Thanks for donating to Ukrfund!

Our current Chicago node(Thanks @GTHost ) runs PVE, which we're soon planning to migrate to Virtfusion, or you can wait a little and grab a VM in Idaho(Thanks @crunchbits ).

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • kdhkdh Member

@FatGrizzly said:

@kdh said:

Thanks for donating to Ukrfund!

Our current Chicago node(Thanks @GTHost ) runs PVE, which we're soon planning to migrate to Virtfusion, or you can wait a little and grab a VM in Idaho(Thanks @crunchbits ).

I'll wait for the Idaho one.
    Thanks!

Thanks GTHost, TheOnlyDK, DP, Not_Oles, FatGrizzly, yoursunny, PieHasBeenEaten, Cloudie, random.org, LET, Virtfusion, Crunchbits, and YOU ALL!

Thanked by 2Not_Oles FatGrizzly
  • @FatGrizzly said:

@FrankRuan said:
    @GTHost @TheOnlyDK

Our current Chicago node(Thanks @GTHost) runs PVE, which we're soon planning to migrate to Virtfusion, or you can wait a little and grab a VM in Idaho(Thanks @crunchbits).

Whatever is okay if the performance is good :wink:
    If the wait time is not ridiculously long (like a month), I will choose the Idaho one 😊

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

@FrankRuan said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@FrankRuan said:
    @GTHost @TheOnlyDK

Whatever is okay if the performance is good :wink:
    If the wait time is not ridiculously long (like a month), I will choose the Idaho one 😊

Shouldn't be too long. I can't comment on exact time. But very soon :)

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • How to join this program?
    ThanksGTHost

• @michae1 said:
    How to join this program?
    ThanksGTHost

All details are in the original post. As of right now, you don't qualify, sorry. But if you participate in the forum and help out others, you'll soon be eligible:)

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited January 2023

I would like one. I am planning to use it as voip server for personal use.

.#ThanksGTHost, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, #Thankscrunchbits

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

Hi Guys!

I just posted some stats from the Chicago FreeVPS.org server at https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3609666/#Comment_3609666

@FatGrizzly is working on finishing the setup to give out more free servers. I believe the last thing to be done might be just about finished.

.#ThanksGTHost, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, #Thankscrunchbits
    .#ThanksDP, #Thanksyoursunny, #ThanksCloudie, #ThanksTheOnlyDK, #ThanksFatGrizzly

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly

little sneak peak of yabs output from a vps on @crunchbits server.

Wed 25 Jan 2023 03:16:39 PM GMT

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 3 minutes
    Processor  : Intel Core Processor (Broadwell, IBRS)
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2095.320 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 940.8 MiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 9.8 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-20-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 231.34 MB/s  (57.8k) | 423.92 MB/s   (6.6k)
    Write      | 231.95 MB/s  (57.9k) | 426.15 MB/s   (6.6k)
    Total      | 463.30 MB/s (115.8k) | 850.08 MB/s  (13.2k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 431.07 MB/s    (841) | 448.32 MB/s    (437)
    Write      | 453.98 MB/s    (886) | 478.18 MB/s    (466)
    Total      | 885.06 MB/s   (1.7k) | 926.50 MB/s    (903)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 102 Mbits/sec   | 91.5 Mbits/sec  | 142 ms         
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 102 Mbits/sec   | 74.7 Mbits/sec  | 160 ms         
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 102 Mbits/sec   | 88.3 Mbits/sec  | 153 ms         
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 96.8 Mbits/sec  | 73.9 Mbits/sec  | 238 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 106 Mbits/sec   | 94.3 Mbits/sec  | 70.4 ms        
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 107 Mbits/sec   | 94.4 Mbits/sec  | 69.0 ms        
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 108 Mbits/sec   | 95.1 Mbits/sec  | 42.1 ms        

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 101 Mbits/sec   | 89.8 Mbits/sec  | 142 ms         
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 102 Mbits/sec   | 89.0 Mbits/sec  | 147 ms         
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 102 Mbits/sec   | 88.3 Mbits/sec  | 152 ms         
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 95.3 Mbits/sec  | 82.2 Mbits/sec  | 238 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 105 Mbits/sec   | 93.0 Mbits/sec  | 70.1 ms        
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 105 Mbits/sec   | 93.0 Mbits/sec  | 69.0 ms        
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 107 Mbits/sec   | 93.8 Mbits/sec  | 42.1 ms        

Geekbench 5 test failed. Run manually to determine cause.

YABS completed in 8 min 21 sec

Hello!

The FreeVPS.org team informs me that the Crunchbits server is all set up and ready to go with Blesta and Virtfusion.

The current plan seems to be something like:

• Wipe the Chicago GTHost server in about 72 hours. Right now it's about

chronos@penguin:~$ date -u
      Thu 26 Jan 2023 12:25:18 AM UTC
      chronos@penguin:~$ ```

• Install Virtfusion on the Chicago GTHost server

• Guys who donated to charity get first chance to set up their Blesta accounts and install on their server of choice (GTHost Chicago or Crunchbits Coeur d'Alene) with Virtfusion.

• Everybody who asked so far (prior to this post) and who meets the requirements in the OP can set up a Blesta account and a VPS on their server of choice with Virtfusion.

• Add our third server from @PieHasBeenEaten as soon as new disks arrive.

• Open up for additional requests.

We need folks presently using the GTHost Chicago server to migrate off the server before Sunday, January 29, 2023 at 12:25 AM UTC so that we can wipe and reinstall. If you are on the GTHost Chicago server and need more than 72 hours, please let us know.

We might wipe and reinstall GTHost Chicago sooner if everyone is gone before the deadline.

Please note that kicking everyone off Chicago allows us to give Chicago guys a chance to choose whether to migrate to Coeur d'Alene or stay in Chicago. I guess we could move everybody from Chicago to Coeur d'Alene and then move those who want to stay in Chicago back to Chicago again. But maybe that's too much moving. By taking Chicago down for a brief period we get to start the new setup with a choice of two servers. Hope everyone agrees that we made the right choice.

Thanks to @FatGrizzly for doing most of the work setting up Blesta and Virtfusion! Thanks to @GTHost, @Crunchbits, @PieHasBeenEaten, @DP, @Cloudie, @yoursunny, @TheOnlyDK, and @Not_Oles. Thanks to all our users too!

We have places on our team for another server admin, someone to take care of this thread, and someone to serve as team leader. Anybody who wants to join the FreeVPS.org team, please let us know! Thanks! <3

• Noted

• I prefer having a try at Coeur d'Alene, then deciding to stay or move back to Chicago.

Good to see this project becoming better!
    Thanks for everyone in this team! <3

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    Tagging everyone who has a server right now.

Roger that

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • Thanks for the mention. Will migrate stuff that I need by the given date. Did I understand correctly , that once VF has been setup on Chicago we will have to register through Blesta and then can get a similar nat vps?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

@Ympker said:

Thanks for the mention. Will migrate stuff that I need by the given date. Did I understand correctly , that once VF has been setup on Chicago we will have to register through Blesta and then can get a similar nat vps?

Yep! You're right.

Thanked by 2Ympker Not_Oles
  • @FatGrizzly said:

@Ympker said:

Thanks for the mention. Will migrate stuff that I need by the given date. Did I understand correctly , that once VF has been setup on Chicago we will have to register through Blesta and then can get a similar nat vps?

Yep! You're right.

Tbh I am only running Nyr's ovpn script so you can actually assume that I won't need to move anything. Just make a clean wipe :)

• jonathajonatha Member
    edited January 2023

Cool, this is a great gift to the community, I hope to experience one.

• It's OK for clean wipe. Btw thanks again for great stable box

• Its ok to clean wipe mine. Only testing stuffs so wont need any data migration.

Thanks!

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK Not_Oles
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    Tagging everyone who has a server right now.
    @jmaxwell

I have taken backups and stopped the vm. Ok for clean wipe.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • Can wipe mine now as well. Thank you!

If I wanted to donate to increase my resources before everything is recreated, is that a possibility?

Thanks again to everyone: @GTHost, @Crunchbits, @PieHasBeenEaten, @DP, @Cloudie, @yoursunny, @TheOnlyDK, @FatGrizzly, and @Not_Oles.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

Important Deadline Update!

A team member is available to reprovision GTHost Chicago on the 28th but not for a while thereafter. It seems a lot of guys will be off the server by the 28th.

Thus, in order to keep things hopefully moving along, we're going to bump the Chicago wipe deadline forward to tomorrow January 27th at 23:59 UTC.

Hopefully we're gonna wipe and reinstall Chicago on the 28th.

If anybody has issues with the January 27th at 23:59 UTC deadline (tomorrow!) please let us know ASAP.

Best wishes!

Tom

Thanked by 1Ympker