Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Oracle Cloud require a credit card? [Was: Something else....]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does Oracle Cloud require a credit card? [Was: Something else....]

iamvinh123iamvinh123 Member
edited October 2022 in Providers

Does Oracle Cloud requires a credit card?

Comments

• Yes.

/thread

• Yes they do. You need to provide any valid debit / credit card.

Thanked by 1iamvinh123
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited October 2022

In Oracle Cloud TOS fine print you will find also section about proper addressing of LET threads.
    I am not making any conclusion but undescriptive "Something else...." may get you waterboarded next time.

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited October 2022

Credit/debit yes (Although there have been reports of problems sometimes, maybe with rare cards) - but not virtual cards or prepaid cards.

• @Mumbly said:
    In Oracle Cloud TOS fine print you will find also section about proper addressing of LET threads.
    I am not making any conclusion but undescriptive "Something else...." may get you waterboarded next time.

Well, maybe not waterboarded!

Have edited the title

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Sure

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited October 2022

@Mumbly said:

What does it mean to "waterboard" someone?

When you are standing on the board walk next to a lake, I push you into the water.
    It's a great fun.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

I bet he's gonna open "does aws require a credit card?"

• Debit cards work fine too, at least in Poland.

They seem to be a lot stricter for Asians tho - probably a lot more abusers with fake ID that want to mine crypto or things like that so make sure everything is correct, no VPN etc. to be safe.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @FatGrizzly said:
    I bet he's gonna open "does aws require a credit card?"

bruh no

• Yep, but they aren't accepting my Credit and debit cards🥲

• @niranjan said: Yep, but they aren't accepting my Credit and debit cards🥲

same here, neither my credit / debit was accepted. IDK why is only doesn't works on Oracle.

• Besides the credit card requirement, your average Oracle ToS also requires giving up your first born child in the event of a cancellation or breach of contract.

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@niranjan said:
    Yep, but they aren't accepting my Credit and debit cards🥲

by your name, I assume your Indian(if not, apologies)

Axisbank and icici bank credit cards work from my side

• @JasonM said:

@niranjan said: Yep, but they aren't accepting my Credit and debit cards🥲

same here, neither my credit / debit was accepted. IDK why is only doesn't works on Oracle.

They do a shit ton of checks before deciding if you are worthy of free trial. Strangely for me it went through when I retried with work email. Before that none of the cards worked.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • niranjanniranjan Member
    edited October 2022

@FatGrizzly said:

@niranjan said:
    Yep, but they aren't accepting my Credit and debit cards🥲

by your name, I assume your Indian(if not, apologies)

Axisbank and icici bank credit cards work from my side

I tried Axis Bank Credit Card only, btw my Visa Signature Debit was rejected too, Federal Bank.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @jmaxwell said:

@JasonM said:

They do a shit ton of checks before deciding if you are worthy of free trial. Strangely for me it went through when I retried with work email. Before that none of the cards worked.

I tried with my domain email, still no luck.

Thanked by 1JasonM

@niranjan said:

@jmaxwell said:

@JasonM said:

Try using a gmail address, oracle didn't accept my domain nor protonmail's

• @FatGrizzly said:

@niranjan said:

@jmaxwell said:

@JasonM said:

Try using a gmail address, oracle didn't accept my domain nor protonmail's

Already tried, still no luck.

• @jmaxwell said: I retried with work email

seems they are not allowing gmail accounts then. Will try with my work mail.

• FWIW I registered my account with live.com domain, but that's 2 years ago

• at first they accepted my registration and charge a dollar from my cc but then it wasn't activated instantly,
    on the 3rd day i had a chat with their sales asking to activate, he asked about my work email (was using gmail) and i gave him, then he ask me whether my cc is not a virtual card so i told him it is a credit one,

in the end my account got activated, and still using gmail not my work email, that was strange :D

managed to have 4x arms 24GB Ram 200GB disk as free instance for two months but it was deleted by them with no reason.. time waisted