Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SpamassAssin or Rspamd for DirectAdmin?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SpamassAssin or Rspamd for DirectAdmin?

Which one do you recommend for DirectAdmin shared hosting?

I had the idea rspamd will be better to go with. But I think mxroute has recently switched to SpamassAssin from Rspamd? Any issue with it?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2022

SpamAssassin. If you use Rspamd, it's newer and feels like the better choice, and you'll get thumbs up from people who like the sound of that. Then your users won't be able to configure their spam settings to their own desired values because there is no Rspamd control panel for users (and the SA panel does not function with Rspamd as users expect). You'll have to continually explain to people how the implementation doesn't work according to their expectations, most often for a reason you don't know unless you've spent a lot of time reverse engineering the weird connections between Exim, ESF, and rspamd.

Replacing Rspamd with SpamAssassin on DA servers dramatically reduced support overhead and improved user satisfaction with spam filters at MXroute. I wasn't happy about it as I enjoyed managing Rspamd, but the users spoke clearly.

• @jar said:
    SpamAssassin. If you use Rspamd, it's newer and feels like the better choice, and you'll get thumbs up from people who like the sound of that. Then your users won't be able to configure their spam settings to their own desired values because there is no Rspamd control panel for users (and the SA panel does not function with Rspamd as users expect). You'll have to continually explain to people how the implementation doesn't work according to their expectations, most often for a reason you don't know unless you've spent a lot of time reverse engineering the weird connections between Exim, ESF, and rspamd.

Replacing Rspamd with SpamAssassin on DA servers dramatically reduced support overhead and improved user satisfaction with spam filters at MXroute. I wasn't happy about it as I enjoyed managing Rspamd, but the users spoke clearly.

Thanks! Staying with SpamAssassin then.

• Btw @jar, I see a "user/email/tracking" option on my mxroute account.

Is that your in-house development? Or anything I can offer on my DA server?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@dotcomUNDERGROUND said:
    Btw @jar, I see a "user/email/tracking" option on my mxroute account.

Is that your in-house development? Or anything I can offer on my DA server?

There's an email tracking function in DA but it's not usually there on licenses given or sold by hosting providers, it's the "pro pack" and is included with licenses purchased from DA directly.

Thanked by 1dotcomUNDERGROUND