Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FastestVPN mobile app has received an update with a fresh new look!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FastestVPN mobile app has received an update with a fresh new look!

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited October 2022 in General

It appears like FastestVPN's mobile app (Android) has received an update, making it look more slick and elegant as compared to before imho :) So far no bugs either, aside from Ping not always showing in App. Now, if they only speeded up their process of adding Wireguard:D

Thanked by 1Arkas

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Any news on Wireguard?

• I have so much trouble trusting FastestVPN and Ivacy because they resell PureVPN. Which has handed out IP logs to the authorities.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@sgheghele said:
    I have so much trouble trusting FastestVPN and Ivacy because they resell PureVPN. Which has handed out IP logs to the authorities.

Idk, if you run a company, you are kinda bond to the laws there.
    If they come up to you, with a so called warrant, signed by a judge, they have to comply if its legit.

Plus, I am pretty sure, that the company is not risking getting into legal trouble for a 1$ customer for not giving out logs or data.

If they lied before, about no logs, then just don't buy, simple.

Thanked by 2Ympker bulbasaur
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2022

@sgheghele said:
    I have so much trouble trusting FastestVPN and Ivacy because they resell PureVPN. Which has handed out IP logs to the authorities.

I think it depends on what you want to achieve when you use them. All I do with FastestVPN is unblocking streaming stuff, so I really don't mind if they were to share logs. If you do illegal stuff, or are an activist, it'd be another story. Fwiw, while I always said that I suspected FastestVPN is a PureVPN reseller, I was not (yet) able to find proof for it, while for Ivacy I found proof back then (same hostnames/ips).

• @Arkas said:
    Any news on Wireguard?

No ETA from them. I think 1-2 years max until they have it. As a lifetime customer with enough alternative VPNs just lean back and wait for it to happen :)

Thanked by 1TimRoo
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2022

What's the benefit over using the official and trusted apps by OpenVPN or Wireguard? Never understood why people like VPN providers who force their own app on you.

Thanked by 1martheen
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2022

@MannDude said:
    What's the benefit over using the official and trusted apps by OpenVPN or Wireguard? Never understood why people like VPN providers who force their own app on you.

They don't force their own app on you. You can download ovpn profiles, too. It's usually just convenience.

Seems like they added "Double Hop" VPN locations now @Arkas :)

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • joseph021joseph021 Member
    edited October 2022

Yes, FastestVPN have rolled out new apps for all devices, I think you need to update your application one more time as they have introduced streaming section separately in the new update rolled on 9th October, screenshot attached.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2022

@joseph021 said:

Yes, FastestVPN have rolled out new apps for all devices, I think you need to update your application one more time as they have introduced streaming section separately in the new update rolled on 9th October, screenshot attached.

I don't see your sceeenshot, but Streaming servers show depending on the protocol you choose. I can already see them in my app version.

• None of these VPN companies fast enough to connect. Only windscribe connects within 2-5 seconds to a server.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2022

@TheKiller said:
    None of these VPN companies fast enough to connect. Only windscribe connects within 2-5 seconds to a server.

Are you saying, because it take 5-10 seconds for the initial connect, you won't use it? That doesn't make much sense. Fwiw, IKEV2 manually connects for me in like 2 seconds (Switzerland 2nd server).

• ArkasArkas Moderator

If they could only add Wireguard! :smile:

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2022

@Arkas said:
    If they could only add Wireguard! :smile:

Just wait 1-2 years, you got a Ltd :) We're in it for the long run. In the meantime, use another lifetime vpn with Wireguard like Keepsolid :D

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Who was FastestVPN reselling? I forgot.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2022

@Radi said:
    Who was FastestVPN reselling? I forgot.

I always assumed they were reselling either PureVPN or Ivacy, but I never found concrete proof. In the past, I only found proof that Ivacy was reselling PureVPN.

• @Ympker said:

@joseph021 said:

I don't see your sceeenshot, but Streaming servers show depending on the protocol you choose. I can already see them in my app version.

(https://i.imgur.com/plnlACm_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand "")

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @joseph021 said:

@Ympker said:

@joseph021 said:

(https://i.imgur.com/plnlACm_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand "")

Ah yeah, that one is already shown in my app. Still, thanks for bringing it up :)

• a lot of India streaming server.
    What do we watch via India? (@_@)

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2022

@Konbu said:
    a lot of India streaming server.
    What do we watch via India? (@_@)

@vyas11 might shed some light on this? I was also quite surprised to only see 1 US Streaming server, but 4 India Streaming servers.

• @Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:

I think it depends on what you want to achieve when you use them. All I do with FastestVPN is unblocking streaming stuff, so I really don't mind if they were to share logs. If you do illegal stuff, or are an activist, it'd be another story. Fwiw, while I always said that I suspected FastestVPN is a PureVPN reseller, I was not (yet) able to find proof for it, while for Ivacy I found proof back then (same hostnames/ips).

Yeah I think that's about the only use case if they're keeping logs. Still worth the $16 I paid for lifetime just in case I need that in the future.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@TimRoo said: Yeah I think that's about the only use case if they're keeping logs. Still worth the $16 I paid for lifetime just in case I need that in the future.

They don't keep logs. I also got the lifetime deal, one of the best purchases I've made. They are quickly catching up to Keepsolid VPN Unlimited.