Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage LAX server suggestion pls?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage LAX server suggestion pls?

miumiu Member
edited October 2022 in Requests

Good day

Some suggestions or recommendations for this config? Requested min conf (or higher):

• CPU 1230+
  • DDR 16GB+
  • HDD 4x8+ TB SATA
  • 1Gbit, BW50TB+/m
  • max budget: up to $100/m ideally (dependently on config)

(just LAX location is condition)

I have asked for it reliablesite (they had exactly this in LAX in offer in past), but they are not interesting build me such (custom) config, or move disks from NY there, (only referred me i can order only what is actually available in their stock on their pages)

Thanks for all suggestions or useful comments!

Comments

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

We can definitely help you out, but we're in PHX/Phoenix.

Thanked by 1miu
  • Virmach ?

• miumiu Member
    edited October 2022

@1gservers said:

Hello. Thank you, appreciated. But i am already your customer (with large storage dedi in Arizona) ;-) (from your last sale/promotion here)

BTW: Server is GREAT, thank you very much, 1* for 1Gserv. :+1:

• miumiu Member

@ben47955 said:
    Virmach ?

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
    How long till another migration? :-D (i mean when server will disappear and gone with data for eternity) :smiley:

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ben47955 said:
    Virmach ?

Virm ache ?

Thanked by 1miu
  • @yoursunny said:

@ben47955 said:
    Virmach ?

Virm ache ?

Virmache

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member
    edited October 2022

@yoursunny said:

@ben47955 said:
    Virmach ?

Virm ache ?

I owe you now, a video with push-ups

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • miumiu Member
    edited October 2022

@yoursunny said:

@ben47955 said:

Virmach ?
    Virm ache ?
    @jmaxwell said:
    Virmache

Thanks, surely tempting recommendation, where is hard to resist, only: I had 2 servers from them, which disappeared a few weeks ago along with the data forever, and i think I don't need another one anymore to my happiness and to sense of madness :blush:

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

@miu said:

@1gservers said:

Hello. Thank you, appreciated. But i am already your customer (with large storage dedi in Arizona) ;-) (from your last sale/promotion here)

BTW: Server is GREAT, thank you very much, 1* for 1Gserv. :+1:

Thanks for your business and feedback!

Thanked by 1miu
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited October 2022

Maybe @MrRadic can help :)

Edit: Sorry I missed the part where you tried to order with them but they couldn't accommodate :(

Thanked by 2miu MrRadic
  • @miu said: I have asked for it reliablesite (they had exactly this in LAX in offer in past), but they are not interesting build me such (custom) config, or move disks from NY there, (only referred me i can order only what is actually available in their stock on their pages)

I noticed this as well across as the board that it incredibly hard to find a provider who actually can and also as well want to be providing to much needed needs and requirements. Apart from a few who might seems desperate just for you to sign up.

So if you don't need this in a hurry, I wouldn't hold your breathe and take your time finding "that" provider.

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member
    edited October 2022

@MikePT said:

Edit: Sorry I missed the part where you tried to order with them but they couldn't accommodate :(

But Thanks for effort suggest me (too i appreciate!). And i accept that he cannot (maybe it's not worth it to them - which I can understand), so nothing for complain or cry, good provider and their tech support imo is one of fastest what i know (really 24/7/365) (always response up to 15 minutes, real 24/7 their technicians there)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@miu said:

@MikePT said:

But Thanks for effort suggest me (too i appreciate!). And i accept that he cannot (maybe it's not worth it to them - which I can understand), so nothing for complain or cry, good provider and their tech support imo is one of fastest what i know (really 24/7/365)

It's an old config, even if I wanted to build it, we physically don't have any Xeon E3s there to work with.

• miumiu Member
    edited October 2022

@Havy said:

@miu said: I have asked for it reliablesite (they had exactly this in LAX in offer in past), but they are not interesting build me such (custom) config, or move disks from NY there, (only referred me i can order only what is actually available in their stock on their pages)

I noticed this as well across as the board that it incredibly hard to find a provider who actually can and also as well want to be providing to much needed needs and requirements. Apart from a few who might seems desperate just for you to sign up.

So if you don't need this in a hurry, I wouldn't hold your breathe and take your time finding "that" provider.

Thanks. Despite the fact that maybe most providers of dedicated servers will not very happy when you (or me) will ask and bother them with custom requests/configs, I have already met a few of them in the past where they were sent to meet me. For US, I can mention for the last 3 cases Dedipath, Datawagon ans Servarica. On other side, i like providers who offer options for upgrade directly as function in CP - it is nice (one example for all - LeaseWeb.. u can upgrade all except CPU, disks (if your chassis has free slots for it), RAM, additional IPs, BW.. upgrade was within tens of minutes done and techs called me if were not sure with something, so too personally good experiences with LeaseWeb))

BTW in LAX i have 4x2 SATA Dual E5 from just Dedipath second year - zero issues, solid server and too network, 100% uptime whole time and satisfaction till now

Thanked by 1Havy
  • miumiu Member

@MrRadic said:

@miu said:

@MikePT said:

But Thanks for effort suggest me (too i appreciate!). And i accept that he cannot (maybe it's not worth it to them - which I can understand), so nothing for complain or cry, good provider and their tech support imo is one of fastest what i know (really 24/7/365)

It's an old config, even if I wanted to build it, we physically don't have any Xeon E3s there to work with.

Hello. Surely there is no probl and i understand (I also don't like to do things for my customers that are difficult, not profitable or inconvenient for me, so I fully understand that).

Nevertheless, if you would have something in future in the inventory at LAX where such disks can be embedded (suitable chassis with 4xLFF and a processor with performance equivalent to E3 or higher (E5, perhaps dual, etc, reasonable difference i am willing to pay in such case)) and someone from you would be willing to note it, I would be interested in it even then, it doesn't hurt

Thanked by 2MikePT MrRadic

@miu said:

@MikePT said:

But Thanks for effort suggest me (too i appreciate!). And i accept that he cannot (maybe it's not worth it to them - which I can understand), so nothing for complain or cry, good provider and their tech support imo is one of fastest what i know (really 24/7/365) (always response up to 15 minutes, real 24/7 their technicians there)

You're welcome! We left @MrRadic recently, moved to another provider that got us a very decent deal. I keep recommending @MrRadic precisely because their support is excellent, as is the network.

Good luck with your search!

Thanked by 1miu
  • @miu said:

@Havy said:

@miu said: I have asked for it reliablesite (they had exactly this in LAX in offer in past), but they are not interesting build me such (custom) config, or move disks from NY there, (only referred me i can order only what is actually available in their stock on their pages)

Thanks. Despite the fact that maybe most providers of dedicated servers will not very happy when you (or me) will ask and bother them with custom requests/configs, I have already met a few of them in the past where they were sent to meet me. For US, I can mention for the last 3 cases Dedipath, Datawagon ans Servarica. On other side, i like providers who offer options for upgrade directly as function in CP - it is nice (one example for all - LeaseWeb.. u can upgrade all except CPU, disks (if your chassis has free slots for it), RAM, additional IPs, BW.. upgrade was within tens of minutes done and techs called me if were not sure with something, so too personally good experiences with LeaseWeb))

BTW in LAX i have 4x2 SATA Dual E5 from just Dedipath second year - zero issues, solid server and too network, 100% uptime whole time and satisfaction till now

You are so much always welcome, hope that helps to understand there's probably a LOT more than just ourselves.

Thanked by 1miu
  • MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@miu said:

@MrRadic said:

@miu said:

@MikePT said:

Hello. Surely there is no probl and i understand (I also don't like to do things for my customers that are difficult, not profitable or inconvenient for me, so I fully understand that).

Nevertheless, if you would have something in future in the inventory at LAX where such disks can be embedded (suitable chassis with 4xLFF and a processor with performance equivalent to E3 or higher (E5, perhaps dual, etc, reasonable difference i am willing to pay in such case)) and someone from you would be willing to note it, I would be interested in it even then, it doesn't hurt

Thanks for understanding. LA is our "newest" location, there's a lot less legacy gear there. We have occasionally shipped some over in the past, but these were in super small quantities of excess inventory from NYC Metro (our "oldest" location).

• miumiu Member

has someone some experiences with this provider?
    https://www.gorillaservers.com/losangeles.html
    thanks

@miu said:
    has someone some experiences with this provider?
    https://www.gorillaservers.com/losangeles.html
    thanks

I've managed servers located in their network, and they're fine. :)
    They've also been in the market for a long time.

Thanked by 1miu
  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited October 2022

GorillaServer is your friend. Sister of WebNX, I think they have something for $60ish around 30TB. Doesn't get any better than that. UTAH loc.
    WHT offers of course...

Thanked by 1miu
  • @Hxxx said:
    GorillaServer is your friend. Sister of WebNX, I think they have something for $60ish around 30TB. Doesn't get any better than that. UTAH loc.
    WHT offers of course...

Brand name is bit racist tho, not sure I'll do business with them

Thanked by 1miu
  • @SLMob explain

• @miu I have experience with the sister brand of GorillaServers which is WebNX. I think WebNX is the more expensive side of them. Have a storage server there. Premium service.

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member

@SLMob said:

@Hxxx said:
    WHT offers of course...

OMG... I expect, that when in company or in product name is word "white" you will to not buy. Too when it snows white in winter, it's so offensive and racist, something should be done about it

• miumiu Member

@MikePT said:
    I've managed servers located in their network, and they're fine. :)
    They've also been in the market for a long time.

@Hxxx said:
    WHT offers of course...

Thanks mates, this was useful for me (your confirmations & and guidance that it is not another some virmache)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • miumiu Member
    edited October 2022

Additionally, in their case surely is meant Gorilla = robust, large, massive servers
    But who want to see racism everywhere, find it everywhere

• @miu said:

@SLMob said:

@Hxxx said:
    WHT offers of course...

OMG... I expect, that when in company or in product name is word "white" you will to not buy. Too when it snows white in winter, it's so offensive and racist, something should be done about it

White is okay

• miumiu Member

From today i know that i am double nasty racist - because i rent Gorilla server from Servarica (first time) and intend too order something from GorillaServers too (second time racist). Thank for letting me know this (i not realized it before)

• @miu glad you liked the recommendation. I noticed you tagged me in a quote and looks like I'm the one saying the racist thing when it was another user. Can you fix that or ask a mod to get it fixed?