Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Best bang for buck vps for headless web scraping
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best bang for buck vps for headless web scraping

I want to utilize VPS for selenium web scraping, using headless firefox browsers, and am trying to find out what the best bang for buck will be.

I need to run between 1 and 10 selenium firefox headless per VPS, depending on price/cpu and price/memory for the VPS (and then run each VPS to capacity).

I do not need hardly any storage per vps (20GB or even less would be fine) but am after the CPU and memory to maximize running headless firefox.

Thanks!

Thanked by 1Chuck

Comments

• I'm scraping as well, and after a certain point from having so many VPSs it just made sense to switch to dedicated.

I just got a cheap 30 euro E3 from Hetzner, and adapted my scraper to use socks 5 proxies, which are hella cheap.

Hetzner has 2 cores for 4.35 euro though, they dont really care if you use the CPU 24x7 100%