Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap dedicated server with Windows and GPU (even integrated one)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap dedicated server with Windows and GPU (even integrated one)

Hello,
I'm looking for a provider that sells cheap dedicated servers that can run Windows and allows me to use the GPU aswell (it doesn't have to be a powerful GPU, even integrated GPU will do fine). I need to run a software that simulates fire and smoke propagation inside of a building.

Number of Cores: 2+
RAM: 4/8 Gb
Disk Space: 100gb
Disk Type: HDD

Bandwidth: unmetered
Port Speed: not important

DDoS Protection: no

Number of IPs: 1 (not really needed, as long as the machine can go on the internet)

Budget: as cheap as possible. ideally no more than 30$

Billing period: monthly/quarterly

Comments

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited October 2022

Hetzner auction servers are the cheapest I'm aware of that have integrated gpus, they start around 33 euros or so. (Higher with tax)

• @Erisa said:
    Hetzner auction servers are the cheapest I'm aware of that have integrated gpus, they start around 33 euros or so. (Higher with tax)

The requirement is also stating that they need to be enabled too. Does this provider and the Auction series allows or have the IGPU ENABLED for the OP to be able to leverage this provider as such?

Getting a IGPU server is not hard, but having it ENABLED is. This is because they are (for good reasons) installed onto server grade boards that doesn't have this function.

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited October 2022

@Havy said: Does this provider and the Auction series allows or have the IGPU ENABLED for the OP to be able to leverage this provider as such?

Yes. Hetzner uses consumer (albeit workstation) boards and iGPU is available and enabled on all servers I have used with them. I have one running right now that stands as testament to this.

I could understand a concern about their choice of board though :]

Thanked by 1Havy
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

If this is for educational and non-profit research purpose, welcome to FABRIC testbed.
    The nodes are not dedicated server, but you can get dedicated cores and NVIDIA GPU via PCI passthrough.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @Erisa Thank you for your kind answer. Hetzner could be the service im looking for!
    do you know if its possible to install you own windows copy? I have a spare license that i could use.

@yoursunny thank you for your kind offer, but my project is not for educational purposes.

• @flyinglynx said:
    @Erisa Thank you for your kind answer. Hetzner could be the service im looking for!
    do you know if its possible to install you own windows copy? I have a spare license that i could use.

>

It's allowed, but you have to do it manually. You can request a KVM console to perform installation with, one option available is also requesting a USB stick and writing your ISO to it. You can also write a disk image of an existing install or install it using the rescue system with a VM.

• @flyinglynx said: Hetzner could be the service im looking for!

Tips for you if you want to order a dedicated server at Hetzner:

• Do not buy a server with i7-4770 and i7-8700 cpu if you don't know how to find the graphics card drivers. (an iGPU will perform weaker when there are incompatible drivers).
    • Buy SSD Servers (more expensive than HDD), if you don't want to wait for your Windows operating system to boot for more than 10 minutes.
    • If you are in urgent need, Hetzner might not be a good choice because they need to verify your identity before placing your first dedicated server order (this is my personal opinion).
    • If you need assistance on installing windows operating system, I can help you =)).
  • flyinglynxflyinglynx Member
    edited October 2022

thank you @Erisa, i read their documentation and i think i can manage to install my os by requestiong the USB stick.
    @vivucloud thank you for your advices. What the issue could be with the graphic drivers? Can't i just download them from the manifacturer's website?

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @flyinglynx said: @vivucloud thank you for your advices. What the issue could be with the graphic drivers? Can't i just download them from the manifacturer's website?

if you still want to rent the i7-4770, i7-8700 cpu series, it will take a few days for you to find compatible graphics card drivers because they have been almost deleted or no longer supported.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Huh the drivers are in one package and they still easily available.

Thanked by 2Erisa AXYZE
  • Strange. I used both Hetzner's i7-8700 and i9-9900k line. I downloaded the graphic drivers from Intel website and installed without problem.

• Same here with Hetzner i7-8700, didn't have any windows issues with drivers from Intel website

Thanked by 1AXYZE