Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Cheap vps in India?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Cheap vps in India?

ThinVpsThinVps Member
edited October 1 in Requests

Looking for cheap vps in India, preferably on West coast (Rajkot, Mumbai, Surat, Achmedabad).
1 cpu, 512mb ram, 20-30 GB monthly traffic, for less than 2usd per month, would pay for a year. Though, one A MUST: 1-2 day test trial money back guarantee, to see if it works for my application, as windscribe with premium India location, still gets flagged as not being in India.

Thanks

Comments

  • @ThinVps said:
    Looking for cheap vps in India, preferably on West coast (Rajkot, Mumbai, Surat, Achmedabad).
    1 cpu, 512mb ram, 20-30 GB monthly traffic, for less than 2usd per month, would pay for a year. Though, one A MUST: 1-2 day test trial money back guarantee, to see if it works for my application, as windscribe with premium India location, still gets flagged as not being in India.

    Thanks

    Have you explored free options like AWS Lightsail (1 yr) or perhaps oracle cloud (lifetime)?

  • ThinVpsThinVps Member
    edited October 1

    @jmaxwell said:
    Have you explored free options like AWS Lightsail (1 yr) or perhaps oracle cloud (lifetime)?

    I think i need smaller company, so its not a known/major vps provider. I used to use free tunnel bear, but they do not have india anymore. Also windscribe was working for this application past two years, but not anymore (i think it has been flagged, as its a know vps provider).
    p.s. its for watching/accessing streaming service.

  • jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited October 1

    Vultr has in Mumbai and a few other Indian locations.

    Edit: Ah it might not work for streaming service, my bad.

  • ThinVpsThinVps Member
    edited October 1

    @jahrinc said:
    Vultr has in Mumbai and a few other Indian locations.

    Edit: Ah it might not work for streaming service, my bad.

    Yeah i need something that is not as known, so known vps such as windscribe, proton, etc is no go for sure. Nor no go is known hosting services such as linode, vultr, or other common companies. This streaming service been cracking down on known vpn providers. So, i just need vps from less known company so i can self host vpn (wireguard). Not even sure if thats going to work, hence thats why i have request for money back guarantee after i try it out if its not working.

  • raviravi Member

    check:

    leapswitch.com @leapswitch

    readydedis.com @BharatB

    Thanked by 1ThinVps
  • vyas11vyas11 Member

    Bad times for streaming p0rn.
    Some 60 odd sites got blocked yesterday by GOO.

    Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • AlicAlic Member

    What about desivps? Does anyone have any experience with it?

    Thanked by 1ThinVps
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

    @ThinVps said:

    @jahrinc said:
    Vultr has in Mumbai and a few other Indian locations.

    Edit: Ah it might not work for streaming service, my bad.

    Yeah i need something that is not as known, so known vps such as windscribe, proton, etc is no go for sure. Nor no go is known hosting services such as linode, vultr, or other common companies. This streaming service been cracking down on known vpn providers. So, i just need vps from less known company so i can self host vpn (wireguard). Not even sure if thats going to work, hence thats why i have request for money back guarantee after i try it out if its not working.

    Do you want to use a VPN for Netflix, Hotstar or other streaming apps?

    If yes then it can be expensive and most of providers hardly allow streaming with VPS plans.

  • Not sure if this would fit your use case but they do have a free trial.
    https://controld.com/

    Thanked by 1ThinVps
  • ThinVpsThinVps Member
    edited October 1

    Never mind folks, i just cancelled that streaming service.. too much hassle to get a work around, and i barely watched it anyways past few years. Getting refund from them, plus wont need spending money on yet another vps. Thanks for help/suggestions though :)

  • devpdevp Member

    Google Search provides a list of vps server provider in respective areas asked.
    Most providers at LET have server outside.

  • @devp said:
    Google Search provides a list of vps server provider in respective areas asked.
    Most providers at LET have server outside.

    Thanks for your very useful contribution

  • If we all just googled everything, we would need no forums etc. So yeah, what a pointless comment by @devp, on a thread which was basically closed/solved. I guess it is Rant Friday, or Steam it off Friday :D

    Thanked by 1jmaxwell
  • @ThinVps Which streaming service was that?

  • ThinVpsThinVps Member
    edited October 7

    @Luke007 said:
    @ThinVps Which streaming service was that?

    NBA league pass. Instead of paying like 100-230 usd per year (for western countries), if you signed up with indian ip, it would be only 20 usd per year. Been using indian ip (windscribe, tunnelbear) for past few seasons, but this year nba cracked down hard on known VPNs, that is why i was trying to get indian vps from smaller companies, and run wireguard. I think turkish and argentinian ips are also cheap for nba league pass streaming, like 30 usd per year for nba league pass, but i said F it, and just cancelled, as i barely watched it anyways.

    Thanked by 1Luke007
  • emgemg Member

    If it is a cheap VPS, then you are not likely to find a free trial or a money-back guarantee.

    It would cost the provider more to deal with refunds than whatever increase in profits might come from offering the guarantee. All too often such accounts are abused, leaving the provider with tainted IP addresses and other problems - even more unwanted expenses for the provider.

    Common sense says to sign up for a month, and treat the expense as "research" or "education" if it does not work out. If it works, then sign up for a year or whatever and get the bigger discount. For a $20 streaming service, invest the $2, $4, $6, $8 (or whatever) to find out if the VPS works for you. It is not a recurring expense.

  • ThinVpsThinVps Member
    edited October 7

    @emg yeah, that was actually i was thinking lately, just signing up for 1 month to test it out, not going to be bankrupt due to 2-5 dollars. Nor would i be due to signing for a year, even if its 100 bucks, but just would be another idling vps.. i hate spending money for no reason. But yeah anyways, this is done deal, i cancelled nba league pass so... once again thanks for the tips everyone. Great community.

  • devpdevp Member

    @jmaxwell said:

    @devp said:
    Google Search provides a list of vps server provider in respective areas asked.
    Most providers at LET have server outside.

    Thanks for your very useful contribution

    @ThinVps said:
    If we all just googled everything, we would need no forums etc. So yeah, what a pointless comment by @devp, on a thread which was basically closed/solved. I guess it is Rant Friday, or Steam it off Friday :D

    Here is the list of Larger VPS Provider from India:

    For less marketed hosting provide you have to contact them individually.
    Here are the links to list of hosting providers on Google Maps obtained from Google Search:

    Thanked by 1ThinVps
  • @ThinVps said:
    If we all just googled everything, we would need no forums etc. So yeah, what a pointless comment by @devp, on a thread which was basically closed/solved. I guess it is Rant Friday, or Steam it off Friday :D

    That account often responds like a bot, repeating what others said and word salads and stating the obvious and so on.

    Thanked by 1ThinVps
  • pal2599pal2599 Member
    edited October 17

    [Spam/Shill text]

    Mod edit (angstrom): Deleted

  • any provider for india vps $10-20 /year?

  • typicalGtaTGtypicalGtaTG Member, Host Rep

    You don't require much BW but still trying to find basically bottom of the barrel VPS hosting in India is hard especially since you're looking into more of someone with residential IPs. Last time I checked, my $5 leapswitch vm worked with netflix. Maybe look into getting something from them?

Sign In or Register to comment.