Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware domainers, big brother (Google) is watching
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Beware domainers, big brother (Google) is watching

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Google is looking into people's garden.

Thanked by 2karjaj Chuck
  • @DP said:

Google is looking into people's soul.

Thanked by 2karjaj Chuck
  • @let_rocks said:

@DP said:

Google is looking into people's pent

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • I've been getting a lot of submission form spam telling me I violated DMCA copyrights and to check the linked document.

The document leads to a Google Doc or some Firebase download with -you guessed it- phishing/malware scripts.

So phishers are now actively using Google Docs/Firebase as a way to build trust with the initial click.

Does it suck? Yes. But I understand the "why" behind it.

• never use google search/mail nothing if you want privacy. just do self hosted and do extra care . i used google and i was never confirtable with them.

Thanked by 3that_guy Chuck TimRoo
  • One from few companies who did not place sanctions against Russia. Reason?

• Google.... making the internet safe again! :)

• kasodkkasodk Barred
    edited September 2022

@jenkki said:
    One from few companies who did not place sanctions against Russia. Reason?

So Russians have a chance to find and read real news instead of Putin's propaganda.

Keep your Russian bullshit in the right thread:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/177624/the-russia-vs-ukraine-thread-lets-not-derail-other-threads

• AndrewSSDAndrewSSD Member, Host Rep

Why should Google look into the storage of peoples text files ?

• @AndrewSSD said:

datagrabbing/datamining. And to enforce their ToS.

Thanked by 3amsaal Chuck AndrewSSD
  • @let_rocks said:

@AndrewSSD said:

datagrabbing/datamining. And to enforce their ToS.

exactly and some times innocent accounts get to know they got suspended becuz xyz did it or some things. so in first place why we put our hearts on 1 platform where they are hundreds out there doing same things .

• Google has the rights to do that , just store it into your pc.

• @kasodk said: So Russians have a chance to find and read real news

Did Google provide a real news? Never seen.

They only spy to their Android users what they to do. That a huge ability to control people all across the World.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited September 2022

This would mean something if he filed for review and Google doubled down instead of removing the phishing allegation.

If the Google sheet was public, then a million things could have reported it for phishing, not just Google Drive.

In other words, if it was public, this guy is guilty and a piece of shit and/or incompetent.

If it wasn't public, then the real story is a private file that isn't shared can be flagged for phishing. It should be 100% expected for publicly accessible files are subject to more searches than private ones.

• Google is looking into people's underwear.

• @jenkki said:

@kasodk said: So Russians have a chance to find and read real news

Did Google provide a real news? Never seen.

Most people know that Google Search can be used to find facts and real news.
    You should try it.

• They most likely just have a malware scanner.
    Shared hosting providers do the same.
    And false positive occurs.

Thanked by 1gzz
  • what else did you expect from Google :D

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@kalipus said:
    what else did you expect from Google :D

$7/year GCP deals!

• @let_rocks said:

@DP said:

This doesn't surprise me... they have access to all our data but cannot breach them according to their terms of service.

• Google has to watch everyone, on behalf of the bigger brother, or risk being cut off from SWIFT!

• Encrypt your Google Drive data. Then the only notice you will get from Google is "Your Google Drive data is too random-looking for us to track and index and store."

Thanked by 1TimRoo
  • @TimboJones said:
    This would mean something if he filed for review and Google doubled down instead of removing the phishing allegation.

If the Google sheet was public, then a million things could have reported it for phishing, not just Google Drive.

In other words, if it was public, this guy is guilty and a piece of shit and/or incompetent.

If it wasn't public, then the real story is a private file that isn't shared can be flagged for phishing. It should be 100% expected for publicly accessible files are subject to more searches than private ones.

I’m pretty sure most cloud file providers scan every file, I.e iCloud mega onedrive

Not that I think it’s a good practice, but it is common

• @gzz said:

@TimboJones said:

I’m pretty sure most cloud file providers scan every file, I.e iCloud mega onedrive

Not that I think it’s a good practice, but it is common

Yes I guess so as well. Looking for illegal content such as CSAM.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

The sad, and dangerous situation here is not only that Google reads your text, but actually reads the domain WITH the extension. If you happen to have a good one, I bet it will be registered before you have a chance to. Don't save anything important to google, especially something like a list of domains you're thinking of getting.

• @Arkas said:
    The sad, and dangerous situation here is not only that Google reads your text, but actually reads the domain WITH the extension. If you happen to have a good one, I bet it will be registered before you have a chance to. Don't save anything important to google, especially something like a list of domains you're thinking of getting.

Repeating what you just wrote in different words:

Google scans personal files, finds prospective domains in text files, checks them to see if they're registered, and then you bet that Google registers the good, exciting domain ideas for itself. Effectively, you are saying that Google steals its users' domain ideas.

I find this theft accusation highly implausible.

I do believe that Google scans user files for other purposes, many of which are not in its users' best interests, but not for domain ideas or other intellectual property theft.

Thanked by 1Arkas