Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help users in Iran reconnect to Signal - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help users in Iran reconnect to Signal

2»

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Ght said:
    Who wants to help a country that threat international security and its famous for cyber attacks, i think nobody.

Some of us are able to separate civilians from politicians and security forces.

Thanked by 2tjn skorous
  • @Nyr said: Some of us are able to separate civilians from politicians and security forces.

Agreed. What he say that nazi behavior still in mind.

• emgemg Veteran

Recent article: Activists say that US efforts to help Iranians communicate with each other are "too little, too late."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/04/world/iran-internet-blackout-intl-cmd

• SirNeoSirNeo Member
    edited February 2023

I hope i'm not the single one that is helping people from Iran and other countries (social media is not blocked in Ethiopia and Pakistan) to circumvent internet censorship!

And anotherone :wink:

Thanked by 1postcd
  • postcdpostcd Member
    edited February 2023

@SirNeo thanks for help, that looks like a Tor Snowflake proxy ran with -log parameter. I am uncertain if Snowflake was not blocked too or if OBFS4 bridge worked during Iranian internet tight restrictions period, but it helps anyway in other countries. Some people reported that the Proton VPN mobile app with Stealth protocol worked IIRC, they had to download from Github i think (proton site and others was blocked).

• @SirNeo said:
    I hope i'm not the single one that is helping people from Iran and other countries (social media is not blocked in Ethiopia and Pakistan) to circumvent internet censorship!

And anotherone :wink:

Okay thank you. Next time Iran will give more donations to Ethiopia and Pakistan.

But please do not necro post..

• edited February 2023

Does Cloudflare WARP work there, I know they have a Railgun proxy named BYTEMIX.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

What stops all these anonymous messaging services from being used for terrorist purposes though?

• @risharde said:
    What stops all these anonymous messaging services from being used for terrorist purposes though?

Maybe we should ban sugar then, it could be used by these terrorists to build bombs...

• @risharde said:

Nothing, in fact they mainly utilize this message service to recruit member https://www.google.com/search?q=terrorist+group+in+telegram

Thanked by 1risharde
  • @Ght said:
    Who wants to help a country that threat international security and its famous for cyber attacks, i think nobody.

I wonder which country blew up the Nord Stream pipelines?

• @chihcherng said:

@Ght said:

I wonder which country blew up the Nord Stream pipelines?

Probably the clowns distracting everyone over silly balloons

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Ght said: Who wants to help a country that threat international security and its famous for cyber attacks, i think nobody.

Take it easy please. This thread's title isn't about politics.

Thanked by 1Ght
  • @Arkas said:

@Ght said: Who wants to help a country that threat international security and its famous for cyber attacks, i think nobody.

I didnt mean to offend anyone in that country and i was not talking about politics sincerly , it's just my opinion about them in cyberattacks.

• @Ght said:

@Arkas said:

I didnt mean to offend anyone in that country and i was not talking about politics sincerly , it's just my opinion about them in cyberattacks.

The idea is to help the resistance (civilians) fight back against the oppression (government and religious wackos).

Thanked by 1Ght
  • @xaoc said:

@risharde said:

Maybe we should ban sugar then, it could be used by these terrorists to build bombs...

We should definitely ban roads as more people die in road accidents than killed by terrorists.

Thanked by 1xaoc
  • buyserverbuyserver Member, Patron Provider

Try Mysterium VPN. The IPs are residential and not data-center. It costs basically nothing.

• @BingoBongo i am not necro anything. This is a current issue and snowflakes are needed more now then when censorship started