Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things from which providers struggles with.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Things from which providers struggles with.

Hello i am doing a little survey that what hosting providers struggles with like Billing Platform, Stincky DC's or something like that.

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Ticket "bumpers" and impatient customers.

• @DP said:
    Ticket "bumpers" and impatient customers.

"impatient customers" Oh god yes.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

idiotic customers who open tickets without reading the emails which are sent after a service is provisioned,

Thanked by 2Liso hadawayandplay
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2022
    • Police and all kinds of authorities. Including them visiting the DC.
    • Court orders
    • DDoS. / network attacks
    • Customers from Turkmenistan "IP Change" - because alot of subnets blocked in turkenistan. And there is a flood of people.
    • Angry chinese customers because high latency to China
    • Tickets like "Do your servers spoof?" and all other related like spammers asking for service
    • Bumping tickets
    • Impatient customers. Rude customers
    • Downtimes. Breaking hardware. Network issues.
    • Peoples who just leave 30+ dedicated servers without cancelling. Or generally;
    • peoples who leave without cancelling and dont respond.

will edit this with more and more once it come to my mind.

• @HostSlick said:

• Court orders
    • Customers from Turkmenistan "IP Change" - because alot of subnets blocked in turkenistan. And there is a flood of people.
    • Tickets like "Do your servers spoof?" and all other related like spammers asking for service
    • Bumping tickets
    • Peoples who just leave 30+ dedicated servers without cancelling. Or generally;

You forget to mentioned
    Is this dmca ignored server ,

• people like me who ask free stuff

@fayaz90 said:

@HostSlick said:

• Court orders
    • Bumping tickets

You forget to mentioned
    Is this dmca ignored server ,

lol no ;:P

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@HostSlick said:

I've been dealing with this a lot lately... some will order like five or six servers then want the IPs changed on all to a subnet that is 100% full with no available IPs.

I've just been telling them all that I'll accommodate it when I can, sometimes an IP from that subnet becomes available if someone cancels, for example, and to let it be known wherever they heard about us that you should contact us first.

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@HostSlick said: Tickets like "Do your servers spoof?" and all other related like spammers asking for service

It might be consequence of your advertising on skidplanet: https://hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=5925736

@wdmg said:

@HostSlick said: Tickets like "Do your servers spoof?" and all other related like spammers asking for service

It might be consequence of your advertising on skidplanet: https://hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=5925736

Maybe :tongue:

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

and i should add, arrogant idiots harrassing support staff via livechat, or sometimes competitors staff harrassing support staff via livechat

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @FatGrizzly said:
    and i should add, arrogant idiots harrassing support staff via livechat, or sometimes competitors staff harrassing support staff via livechat

very nice point.

• @HostSlick said:

• Court orders
    • Bumping tickets

You forget to mentioned
    - asking for german location/dc.

;)