Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Github Copilot is too smart
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Comments

  • Yess, I've been testing it for past month and it exceeds my expectations every time! Is it even tracking clipboard? I searched and copied url for a vendor docs once and it wrote code for it's api. 🤯

  • jarjar Member, Patron Provider

    For me it's been a very good fit with how I work. Often I know what I want to do, I can spot potential vulnerabilities in code I couldn't have written off the top of my head, I just need a partner to bounce things off of when coding. Someone to put tips in my ear, suggest ideas, etc. Copilot is quite literally what it's name implies: it's like having a buddy to collaborate with.

    It won't always suggest the most secure way to do something, and sometimes it may offer bad advice, but that's all part of the back and forth. The same could be said for working next to someone and taking their input as you go.

    Thanked by 2Arkas LiliLabs
  • Did you try any Github CI automations? Then it won't look like magic to you.

  • Yes it is pretty good. Too bad it is out of beta now and no free tier. Anything self hosted that comes close to it yet?

  • @Kassem said:
    Too bad it is out of beta now and no free tier.

    AWS's CodeWhisperer is still in free preview:
    https://aws.amazon.com/codewhisperer/

    However, from my experience with them Copilot is much better.

    Thanked by 1Arkas
  • Been trying it since beta. Honestly kinda sad with the paid tier but its quite good. I like the explain code and the translate code feature. Explain code explains the code (ofc) in normal human understandable language, while translate code can translate your code (its in the name) to, say, Python to C++

  • It's super useful, it's auto complete on steroid.

    yeah for me, $10/month is not worth it. But they give copilot for free, both for teacher and for students.

  • @yokowasis said:
    It's super useful, it's auto complete on steroid.

    yeah for me, $10/month is not worth it. But they give copilot for free, both for teacher and for students.

    really ? they give it free for teacher and students ? how to claim it ?
    i try it when they on beta and its insane

  • lowendschool.com

  • @iSky said:

    @yokowasis said:
    It's super useful, it's auto complete on steroid.

    yeah for me, $10/month is not worth it. But they give copilot for free, both for teacher and for students.

    really ? they give it free for teacher and students ? how to claim it ?
    i try it when they on beta and its insane

    step 1: get student id
    step 2: signup on education.github.com
    step 3: wait for verification (took like 2mins for me)
    step 4: done

  • It is nice, I use it now!

Sign In or Register to comment.