Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Free monitoring/healthcheck program with webhook support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Free monitoring/healthcheck program with webhook support

Basically I want to fire up a request to cloudflare to change my IP in case my server experience a downtime, uptime kuma have this feature— but they trigger webhook on both down and up event, whereas I want to send request only on down event.

Have been looking on FOSS project for this case, but I want to know what do you guys recommend.

Comments

  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member
    edited September 20
    /usr/bin/wget "website.com" --timeout 30 -O - 2>/dev/null || curl -X POST --data "aaaaaa" mywebhooklink
    

    simple FOSS project which came up in my brain

  • I stumbled over the following yesterday, but I haven't tested it yet.
    You can create a task that get triggered by a notification.

    https://github.com/naiba/nezha

  • SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 20

    You could modfiy https://github.com/Ne00n/statibus to send a web-hook whenever a specific service/site something goes down.

  • uptime kuma

  • @FatGrizzly said:

    /usr/bin/wget "website.com" --timeout 30 -O - 2>/dev/null || curl -X POST --data "aaaaaa" mywebhooklink
    

    simple FOSS project which came up in my brain

    Thanks, but I prefer something that ready-made and has easy navigation. I take you run this on cron?

    @kasodk said:
    I stumbled over the following yesterday, but I haven't tested it yet.
    You can create a task that get triggered by a notification.

    https://github.com/naiba/nezha

    Thanks, will check it out.

    @SGraf said:
    You could modfiy https://github.com/Ne00n/statibus to send a web-hook whenever a specific service/site something goes down.

    Thank you for your suggestions, I'll take a look on that.

    @Hotmarer said:
    uptime kuma

    Already using this tools, works great but I need webhook event to trigger only on downtime. Already mentioned this on my post.

  • @Liso said: Thanks, but I prefer something that ready-made and has easy navigation. I take you run this on cron?

    Yes, run this on cron and it should trigger your webhook whenever your site goes down

  • SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

    @Liso said:

    @FatGrizzly said:

    /usr/bin/wget "website.com" --timeout 30 -O - 2>/dev/null || curl -X POST --data "aaaaaa" mywebhooklink
    

    simple FOSS project which came up in my brain

    Thanks, but I prefer something that ready-made and has easy navigation. I take you run this on cron?

    @kasodk said:
    I stumbled over the following yesterday, but I haven't tested it yet.
    You can create a task that get triggered by a notification.

    https://github.com/naiba/nezha

    Thanks, will check it out.

    @SGraf said:
    You could modfiy https://github.com/Ne00n/statibus to send a web-hook whenever a specific service/site something goes down.

    Thank you for your suggestions, I'll take a look on that.

    @Hotmarer said:
    uptime kuma

    Already using this tools, works great but I need webhook event to trigger only on downtime. Already mentioned this on my post.

    Here's what i did to get a discord notify (webhook) when looking into weather or not i wanted to use statibus:

    https://pastebin.com/nWWzmTa7

    working off that, it shouldnt be too hard to figure out how to get your project done.

  • Still looking for alternative

  • Why don't you simply handle the up event by doing nothing?

  • LisoLiso Member
    edited September 21

    @stevewatson301 said:
    Why don't you simply handle the up event by doing nothing?

    Bad wording on my side, AFAIK uptime kuma does not support firing up alert based on event, there's open request going on though https://github.com/louislam/uptime-kuma/issues/1233.

    Meaning, if I place a request on there webhook notification, it would be executed no matter if it is up or down. No option to set each of event to different alert/script.

    I'm sorry if this confuses you.

  • The webhooks to change your IP on Cloudflare, are they generally available somewhere? I've been looking to replace my paid failover services (ClouDNS/Constellix) for a self hosted solution.

  • @LeftR said:
    The webhooks to change your IP on Cloudflare, are they generally available somewhere? I've been looking to replace my paid failover services (ClouDNS/Constellix) for a self hosted solution.

    I used this https://github.com/ncarlier/webhookd

    Thanked by 1LeftR
  • nfnnfn Member
    edited September 21

    @LeftR said:
    The webhooks to change your IP on Cloudflare, are they generally available somewhere?

    I use Hetrixtools hooks to change the CF records on failover.

    Thanked by 1LeftR
Sign In or Register to comment.