Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone have trouble sending mails to Hotmail/Outlook?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone have trouble sending mails to Hotmail/Outlook?

Most mails from my server does not seem to get delivered to Hotmail/outlook users. Mails sent from both contact forms and manually(webmail/pop) are being silently rejected. Once in a while, a mail or two seem to go through though.

Checked my IP for blacklists, and its not listed even in one of the blacklists. The domains have their SPF and DKIM setup properly. Mails to other services (yahoo, gmail, etc.) seem to be working fine.

Anyone else experienced this problem? Does hotmail use their own blacklist, and if so, anyone know where I can check the status?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hotmail does maintain a list of their own. Here's some good info.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-remove-server-ip-address-from-msn-hotmail-block-blacklist/

Thanked by 2Drukpa marrco
  • I would suggest signing up for mailgun or mailjet. Mailgun is free for the first 10k emails a month, so it might be a good solution. You can easily modify your contact forms to just POST the data through the mailgun API and it'll handle the delivery for you and they have a good relationship with the big providers.

• It seems that not being on a list in general is automatic black list. I submitted my IP addresses to Microsoft and I was unblocked within the hour.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Hotmail has many issues, the silently discarding mail is ridiculous. I would recommend to your users to stop using a lousy service like theirs.

• @perennate said:
    Hotmail has many issues, the silently discarding mail is ridiculous. I would recommend to your users to stop using a lousy service like theirs.

Haha good luck with that! People like what they use and the average joe doesn't care that their mail provider blocked you; They see it as you should fix the issue with your services so they allow it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@wych said:
    Haha good luck with that! People like what they use and the average joe doesn't care that their mail provider blocked you; They see it as you should fix the issue with your services so they allow it.

Yep and it bugs me to no end.