Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My ~two months AlphaVPS review.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My ~two months AlphaVPS review.

Hi all, honest I'm not a person who gets satisfied easy, nor someone who said thank you often to someone doing his job (as required) ..

So in the past month or so, I decided to ignore writing review about my last order from AlphaVPS, since it was working as is expected nothing less nothing more..

But a day ago I tried to search here and on the web for company that will give me similar offer, or even better ( since the storage weren't enough for me ) , but I found none specially when it related to CPU requirement that offer has .
Since I use that VPS for video converting ( for an video streaming website I have )
the converting speed to perfect ( i was trying to Downscaling and decreasing files size )
e.g 720p were converting @1.3x speed, and AV1 converting speed were about the same for DVD quality resolution and much smaller size.

Currently, I don't own a high-end laptop ( I never had ) it processor power similar to laptops core i5 2nd generation, while may (cheap) single core Ryzen 7 5800X were almost 2 times faster

frame=22549 fps=394 q=30.0 size= 22272kB time=00:15:41.91 bitrate= 193.7kbits/s dup=1 drop=0 speed=16.5x

My tickets were replied in couple hours, and all my issues were solved ( billing related )

The network performance were good, but storage size weren't enough for my project 30GB S I'll use another VPS server for file storage.

Thanked by 1Chuck

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with AlphaVPS. It's always nice when a happy customer takes the time to write a review.

@AlexBarakov

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • Are you on a plan with a dedicated CPU resource?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Yep, my friend and colleague had and has both a dedi and VPS from AlphaVPS / @AlexBarakov since years and is full of praise for them (which means something because he's quite experienced and demanding). According to him their only minus were relatively old boxes but that's now covered too with their Ryzens.

Highly recommended and very reasonable prices.

• @jiggawattz said: Are you on a plan with a dedicated CPU resource?

It's dedicated CPU core, my own testes prove it real core with all it powers, in my country it's almost impossible to acquire a Ryzen 7 5800X ( since it considered too expensive ),now I own 1 core of it for ~$6 a month and good network connections

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello guys,

Thank you for the review and the kind words! We've been growing at an insane rate this year, unfortunately not many people post reviews. I guess when it "always works, no problems", noone bothers with reviews.

@jiggawattz and @JustPfff - our Ryzen offerings do not come with dedicated cores. That being said - our nodes usually have plenty of spare power, thus the benchmarks might pretty often showcase a result that's equivalent to dedicated core results. Should a customer start maxing out their CPU cores 24/7/365 and this affects the node, we usually engage in a conversation with the said customer trying to find a solution that would fit his needs and would reduce the strain on our nodes.

• Yes, exactly 🙂 @JustPfff You’re not supposed to be encoding on 6 euro VPS plan, but probably nobody will care until the node fills up.

• @JustPfff said:

@jiggawattz said: Are you on a plan with a dedicated CPU resource?

It's dedicated CPU core, my own testes prove it real core with all it powers

-1 credibility points :p

• JustPfffJustPfff Member
    edited September 2022

@jiggawattz said:
    Yes, exactly 🙂 @JustPfff You’re not supposed to be encoding on 6 euro VPS plan, but probably nobody will care until the node fills up.

@TimboJones Alright I thought it dedicated CPU core , since I'm not fully understand how VPS virtualization works ( I tested virtualization on my desktop only ).