Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you manage your bookmarks? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you manage your bookmarks?

2»

Comments

• @emperor said:
    I use vivaldi everywhere so i do it with vivaldi sync, i got like 10 most used on start page speed dial, others are on bookmark bar

+1 Vivaldi sync, works well across desktops, and the account needed is only used for this. Also leverage the 'Nickname' feature for common bookmarks, so only need to type a short acronym into the address bar.

I don't bother with the bookmark bar, I create a nested folder structure under Vivaldi's start page to group bookmarks under, much easier to drill down visually based on the thumbnails you see and you can order the thumbnail tiles so that many become like muscle memory clicks.

Thanked by 1emperor
  • Most of my bookmarks are taken in Opera browser where I can sort and group them under labels. Some other bookmarks are just saved as a note in Android, under searchable tags.

In Opera all bookmarks are synced to Opera account so the list can also be accessed from everywhere as a webpage. From time to time I save that webpage as a file for offline backup.

• i have 500 tabs opened at the moment a lot of junk lol also bookmark bar and then sub folders in it lol

Thanked by 1bakageta
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@zcorps said: i have 500 tabs opened at the moment

You can't take/share 500 tabs with you to another computer.

• browser bookmark is enough for me

• Give it all to Chrome

• @Arkas said:

ya its the pain of hundreds of tabs when you work on multiple projects. and when you do R&D and you say oh i will take notes from that webpages once i do the coding and then that notes note notes taking thoughts you endup with hundreds of tabs opened

• Nextcloud with the floccus browser extension to sync with other devices.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

i had only one site in my browser bookmarks. Just one.

a great tool to do ascii text art, i generally use for MOTD's.

maybe someone having many bookmarks can use bookmark folders

• I usually manage my bookmarks by name a to z.

• using firefox bookmarks for now. But thinking to move to some selfhost based solution and some way which can be supported in most of the browsers + mobile

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@agroup said: using firefox bookmarks for now. But thinking to move to some selfhost based solution and some way which can be supported in most of the browsers + mobile

raindrop.io

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited September 2022

I'm using https://pinboard.in/ and the Pinboard+ Firefox extension, but want to move to something self-hosted at some point. Pinboard archives the page which is nice (in case it goes offline in the future). ArchiveBox looks useful for that use case.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • @Arkas said:

Why not? Firefox sync lets you see tabs on other sessions you're logged into, so does whatever Safari's is called.

• @Arkas said:

@agroup said: using firefox bookmarks for now. But thinking to move to some selfhost based solution and some way which can be supported in most of the browsers + mobile

raindrop.io

thanks will give it a shot