Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr Triples Down on India (Two New Locs: Bangalore and Delhi)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr Triples Down on India (Two New Locs: Bangalore and Delhi)

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

They're already in Mumbai but they're doubling tripling down. Two new locations announced this weekend.

https://www.vultr.com/news/Vultr-expands-in-India,-now-available-in-Bangalore-and-Delhi-NCR/

Comments

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Interesting.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

sounds interesting, might try their banglore loc.

• raviravi Member
    edited September 2022

Delhi is a great choice to expand.
    North India will prefer Delhi.

• Damn, why no Chennai :(

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • @dosai said:
    Damn, why no Chennai :(

Because it's not feasible for an international vps provider to have a dc in every city in the world. Besides Bangalore is a stone's throw away.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Their newer bare metal options are great too. Vultr is, in my opinion, the superior cloud right now. More than enough features, still lacking every reason why I don't use AWS.

• dosaidosai Member
    edited September 2022

@machinetto said:

@dosai said:
    Damn, why no Chennai :(

Because it's not feasible for an international vps provider to have a dc in every city in the world. Besides Bangalore is a stone's throw away.

Right. Chennai has the 2nd largest underwater sea cables landings next to Mumbai and close proximity to Singapore. I'm surprised no cloud provider has taken advantage of this.

• @jar said: Their newer bare metal options are great too. Vultr is, in my opinion, the superior cloud right now. More than enough features, still lacking every reason why I don't use AWS.

Vultr seems more better day by day than digitalocean and linode. The servers are bit more powerful than digitalocean

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2022

@JasonM said:

@jar said: Their newer bare metal options are great too. Vultr is, in my opinion, the superior cloud right now. More than enough features, still lacking every reason why I don't use AWS.

Vultr seems more better day by day than digitalocean and linode. The servers are bit more powerful than digitalocean

Vultr has so many more features, locations, and plans than Linode or DigitalOcean. Vultr has definitely got to be one of my favorite clouds :)

• Vultr doesn't support outbound cloud firewall rules, only inbound.

My use case requires both. Hence have to use DigitalOcean as they support both inbound+outbound.

Recently, Linode also started to support both inbound+outbound.

• @rattlecattle said:
    Vultr doesn't support outbound cloud firewall rules, only inbound.

My use case requires both. Hence have to use DigitalOcean as they support both inbound+outbound.

Recently, Linode also started to support both inbound+outbound.

Any problem to make ruleset internally?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @LTniger said: Any problem to make ruleset internally?

Yes. For running untrusted workloads.

Or for allowing external contractors to work on stuff. They have full root access on the VPS and hence can't use firewall rules internally as they can be modified.

Thanked by 2Levi vimalware
  • Their object storage only available on very few locations

• @jar said:
    Their newer bare metal options are great too. Vultr is, in my opinion, the superior cloud right now. More than enough features, still lacking every reason why I don't use AWS.

AWS is great SIMPLY due to the product range.

At no other provider can I have decent VPS servers, with decent object storage, with decent DNS, with decent API, and to top it all of, with decent domain registration (even .se domains).

Right now (I haven’t used it for long so idk about how I’ll feel about it in a few months) I enjoy it AND I only have one provider.

AWS everything. Nothing elsewhere.

I pay more but it’s worth it. Domains are twice the price but it’s about 3-4 bucks a month total anyway.

If I can’t make up for that with the time saved, might as well shut down.

Honestly for each services I prefer other alternatives, but they just don’t offer the bulk.

For VPS I like Vultr, for DNS CloudFlare, for domains Sav, for Object Storage B2.

None of them do the bulk of it though.

Thanked by 1jar