Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB needs a new picture for "Latest LET Offers" - Winner earns $100 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB needs a new picture for "Latest LET Offers" - Winner earns $100

Comments

• @jbiloh said: Right now the "Latest LET Deal #1" ... "Latest LET Deal #2" is generated in the code (overlay on top of the image for SEO purposes). We can of course remove that text overlay.

Not an SEO expert, but wouldn't adding an alt for the image, give the same effect for search engines?

• mohamedmohamed Member
    edited September 2022

@abytecurious said:

@jbiloh said: Right now the "Latest LET Deal #1" ... "Latest LET Deal #2" is generated in the code (overlay on top of the image for SEO purposes). We can of course remove that text overlay.

Not an SEO expert, but wouldn't adding an alt for the image, give the same effect for search engines?

Yes of course but Google bot does read images and since this link is referring to the forum It would enhance the rank of the long tail keyword "Latest LET Deal" and also for "LET Deal".

Thanked by 1abytecurious
  • ~8 kb per image

• mohamedmohamed Member
    edited September 2022

Another try, all my sizes are 4x

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@mohamed said:
    Another try, all my sizes are 4x

Thanks for the submissions.

Thanked by 1mohamed
  • @jbiloh said:
    Thanks for the submissions.

You're welcome sir!

• @jbiloh said:

@Hxxx said:
    Ask the hosting provider for the promo image. Just like what they do with Google advertisement or Social Media.

If they are not able to give you a proper promo image, then they are not worthy of being promoted?

This section of LowEndBox's home page is auto generated from the most recent OFFER threads on LowEndTalk.

You should also layer over the forum avatar from the offer thread somewhere on it, would make the images more distinct instead of the generic header image thing this gives off.

Thanked by 1PearlMoon
  • @bakageta said:

@jbiloh said:

@Hxxx said:
    Ask the hosting provider for the promo image. Just like what they do with Google advertisement or Social Media.

If they are not able to give you a proper promo image, then they are not worthy of being promoted?

This section of LowEndBox's home page is auto generated from the most recent OFFER threads on LowEndTalk.

You should also layer over the forum avatar from the offer thread somewhere on it, would make the images more distinct instead of the generic header image thing this gives off.

I agree with that, it will give it a better look. Not only the same image for all deals.

• AndrewL64AndrewL64 Member
    edited September 2022

Here's a minimal & modern design I put together just now:

N.B. The background server image is a stock photo free for both commercial and non-commercial use. License details here.

Thanked by 2ravi netomx

@AndrewL64 said:
    Here's a minimal & modern design I put together just now:

N.B. The background server image is a stock photo free for both commercial and non-commercial use. License details here.

Great submission, thanks.

Thanked by 1netomx

@AlanV said:

@bakageta said:

@jbiloh said:

@Hxxx said:

I agree with that, it will give it a better look. Not only the same image for all deals.

I'll research the viability us grabbing the avatar.

• Another design for the required image that's also taking UX into consideration.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • @jbiloh said:
    I'll research the viability us grabbing the avatar.

That would be a custom WordPress plugin that is capable of bypassing cloudflare or white-listed to scrape LET, fetch the avatar, and use a layout to generate a custom image each time.. :#

• mohamedmohamed Member
    edited September 2022

Or you can use any psd source submitted, edit it, and add the company's logo/avatar which is easier than investing into developing a plugin that might be buggy/insecure.

• For example

• edited September 2022

Here is a mockup with @AndrewL64 design sepatone in green. Looks pretty good

Thanked by 2ravi AndrewL64
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@johnnyquestion said:
    Here is a mockup with @AndrewL64 design sepatone in green. Looks pretty good

Oh I kinda dig that 👍🏼

• mohamedmohamed Member
    edited September 2022

DARK MODE

@mohamed said:

4X

• raviravi Member
    edited September 2022

my few more entries (designed in figma)

One:

Two

Three

Four

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I think we should categorize what a Deal is, the rest should be called Offers.

• mohamedmohamed Member
    edited September 2022

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • @jbiloh said: Right now the "Latest LET Deal #1" ... "Latest LET Deal #2" is generated in the code (overlay on top of the image for SEO purposes). We can of course remove that text overlay.

For the SEO purposes of ranking for "Latest LET Deal #2" lol?

• mohamedmohamed Member
    edited September 2022

• Is the time over?!

• Never Too Late 😁

• We need to know the best design😅

Thanked by 1WSWD
  • @mhn said:

by far the best

Thanked by 3JasonM emgh shelfchair
  • @mohamed said:
    Is the time over?!

I guess you still have time.
    @jbiloh should update here when its over.

• CC logo would do the trick 😝

Thanked by 2WSWD emgh
  • Oh sorry, though you were looking for a new company logo.