Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need VPS 4 Family VPN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need VPS 4 Family VPN

I need a VPS for VPN, looking to cut cost. Currently spending $90/yr on multiple VPS here for VPN.

Want a Single VPS for VPN in the Chicago or Kansas City area. Prefer Kansas City.

Specs I need (Since specs are so low, I am hoping to pay less than $90/yr):

256mb to 512mb ram

1 CPU

15GB+ SSD

6TB/month 1gbps+

My current VPN/VPS have 2GB to 8GB ram & 2 CPU or more, which I really don't need. I have to buy these, because budget VPS $10/yr to $15/yr always have a bandwidth limit of like 500gb to 2TB/month.

Recently my home usage got up to 6 TB/month, but on some months it's a lot lower.

I am confused about something though, one of the VPS providers I have in Kansas City do like only 2TB/month for $10 to $15. Which I don't understand since they resell from a company in Kansas City that offers unmetered bandwidth?
Actually, Most providers in Missouri all sell unmetered bandwidth, so why is the VPS coming out with a bandwidth limit?

If you are wondering why I don't buy from a VPN service, is because I like a dedicated ip, and and Dedicated IP+VPN service is higher then what I would spend here.

Comments

• Perhaps ask terrahost to give you discount on kansas locations also for their birthday ? :)

• XrmaddnessXrmaddness Member
    edited September 2022

RackNerd / @dustinc has this available in Chicago, IL for $14.98/y:

1 GB KVM VPS Special
    1x vCPU Core
    16 GB PURE SSD RAID-10 Storage
    1 GB RAM
    3000GB Monthly Premium Bandwidth (Comment your order# for FREE DOUBLE BANDWIDTH)
    1Gbps Public Network Port
    Full Root Admin Access
    1 Dedicated IPv4 Address
    KVM / SolusVM Control Panel - Reboot, Reinstall, Manage rDNS, & much more

If you comment with your order number or invoice number in this thread:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/181132/this-isnt-click-bait-free-kvm-vps-within-this-thread-1top-provider/p1

Then the bandwidth will be doubled to 6TB/Month

Aff: https://my.racknerd.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=680&aff=2917
    Non-Aff: https://my.racknerd.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=680

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

I can offer one vps within your budget and preferred location 90$/year
    1 vcore
    1GB Ram
    15GB SSD
    6TB/m bandwidth @1GB/sec
    location kansas city

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2022

Have you considered

https://windscribe.com/staticips (static ip is shared with less than 10 people; Windscribe doesn't offer dedicated ip for privacy reasons)

https://www.ivacy.com/dedicated-ip/ (1,99$/mo dedicated ip)

Self-hosted could safe you money and definitely gives you more freedom, though.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @AK_KWH said:
    I can offer one vps within your budget and preferred location 90$/year
    1 vcore
    1GB Ram
    15GB SSD
    6TB/m bandwidth @1GB/sec
    location kansas city

what? 90$/year for such low specs?

Thanked by 1SpeedTest
  • Get a commercial VPN and don't host your own. There are plenty of options with unlimited bw.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @luckypenguin said:
    Get a commercial VPN and don't host your own. There are plenty of options with unlimited bw.

I have bad experience with shared IP's on a commercial VPN. I've been banned on games and services because of shared IP's, people tend to abuse them. I prefer a dedicated IP which is cheaper on a VPS. If I pay for a Commercial VPN, the Service + the Dedicated IP usually goes above $100+ for one year.

• edited September 2022

@iNanja said:

@luckypenguin said:
    Get a commercial VPN and don't host your own. There are plenty of options with unlimited bw.

I have bad experience with shared IP's on a commercial VPN. I've been banned on games and services because of shared IP's, people tend to abuse them. I prefer a dedicated IP which is cheaper on a VPS. If I pay for a Commercial VPN, the Service + the Dedicated IP usually goes above $100+ for one year.

Well you can get ivacy lifetime for ~$40 on stack social, and get a dedicated IP as @Ympker suggested above for $2.41/m if paid for an year.

So $29/yr for dedicated IP and ~$40/lifetime (5yrs and ask for extension). After that - $29/yr each year. Not a bad deal at all.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2022

@NobodyInteresting said:

@iNanja said:

@luckypenguin said:

Well you can get ivacy lifetime for ~$40 on stack social, and get a dedicated IP as @Ympker suggested above for $2.41/m if paid for an year.

So $29/yr for dedicated IP and ~$40/lifetime (5yrs and ask for extension). After that - $29/yr each year. Not a bad deal at all.

As pointed out, could be great savings if only paying for the ip (1,99$/mo) while the vpn is already paid for with lifetime sub (40$ Stacksocial). Just renew the vpn free of charge every 5 years.

IMG_20220908_074502

Thanked by 1iNanja
  • Thanks everyone, you have been a great help! Going with Ivacy, since they have an amazing deal going on.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • itoito Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2022

I think can consider Ivacy.

• itoito Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2022

Ivacy is a great provider of cheap VPN.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • It was a great idea to use ivacy lifetime with a dedicated ip. However, their system doesn't recognize a lifetime subscription as an active subscription.

It's rather odd.. Since their live support said it would work.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @iNanja said:
    It was a great idea to use ivacy lifetime with a dedicated ip. However, their system doesn't recognize a lifetime subscription as an active subscription.

It's rather odd.. Since their live support said it would work.

Best to contact support about this. Maybe also open a ticket, so you have a written answer (live chat also can send chat transcript).

• Alternative is GreenCloud Budget vps. 45$/y

No refund/Money back on this plan
    8192MB RAM
    4096MB SWAP
    60GB SSD RAID-10 Hard drive
    4 cores @ E5v4 CPU
    1 IPv4
    /112 IPv6
    8TB Bandwidth
    10Gbps Port
    Linux OS
    Kansas City, MO Location
    SolusVM Control Panel

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2022

@iNanja Support again confirmed to me via support ticket that it is possible to order a dedicated IP address along Stacksocial Lifeti me subscription and that they would create an invoice of 119$ for me. I said I am not interested, however, inquired whether that would be a "lifetime" dedicated IP address, because if it is lifetime/one-time payment and not yearly the 119$ may or may not be worth it given your use-case and rising IPv4 prices.

You should definitely open a ticket to get this sorted in case you are still interested.

Edit: Seems like I can also order yearly dedicated IP for 19,90$ (=300 days which are supposedly remaining on my 5 year "lifetime" before I have to contact for renewal): https://member.ivacy.com/addons

Screenshot 2022-09-08 14.12.29

When I click on "Buy Addon" for dedicated IP, I get the following. Seems like everything would work out on my end:

Screenshot 2022-09-08 14.13.22

• @Ympker said:

Thanks, they tried to give me a 5 year subscription for $119.4 on a dedicated IP. They were nice enough to change it to a 1 year for $23.88.

I was hesitant, since some reviews said they were slow, but the aren't slow. Well on my network they seem fast.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2022

@iNanja said:

@Ympker said:

Thanks, they tried to give me a 5 year subscription for $119.4 on a dedicated IP. They were nice enough to change it to a 1 year for $23.88.

I was hesitant, since some reviews said they were slow, but the aren't slow. Well on my network they seem fast.

Yeah, they named the 119$ price for me first, too. They, however, didn't say for how long that would last. I was hoping for lifetime, but it's just the 5 year deal. Anyway, I was able to view the offer for the 1 year deal (23$ish) directly on the addons page. Glad you got the deal and are happy now! Speed has been great for me, too. @Arkas also seems to be quite happy with them. They were rather slow in the past, but seem to have improved a lot recently.