Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVZ Control
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVZ Control

sc754sc754 Member
edited December 2013 in General

Hi,

I'm in the process of making something that let's me manage my Openvz vps's online. It's pretty simple, but works without problems (I only have 1 server IP so that's why I have the Network ports and SSH port options). It's a webmin module. Here's a screenshot. Would this be useful to anyone? If it would be I can stick it somewhere to be downloaded.

UPDATE VIEW BOTTOM OF THIS THREAD TO DOWNLOAD UPDATE

UPDATE VIEW BOTTOM OF THIS THREAD TO DOWNLOAD UPDATE

Thanked by 2fapvps BuyMoreVM

Comments

• Webmin hack?

• Perl, sure.

• @ultimatehostings said:
    Webmin hack?

No just custom commands, you can do them in webmin and make simple modules like this

• Here's a screenshot for a reinstall, takes about a minute on my slow machine.

• Very nice!

• @Jeffrey said:
    Very nice!

Thanks xD Just managed to change the title from custom commands to VPS Control. If I get enough people wanting something like this to use then I'll upload it and post a link with instructions

• Forgot to mention this is for making vps's on your dedicated server, if that wasen't clear before.

• @sc754 : Looks very cool! Have you seen http://www.webmin.com/cloudmin.html ?

"UI built on top of Webmin for managing virtual systems, such as Xen, KVM and OpenVZ instances. Using Cloudmin you can create, destroy, resize, startup, shutdown and restrict multiple instances using different virtualization technologies from a single interface. It also has a full command line API that can be used to manage virtual systems from a shell script or via HTTP requests."

• @Grainga said:
    sc754 : Looks very cool! Have you seen http://www.webmin.com/cloudmin.html ?

"UI built on top of Webmin for managing virtual systems, such as Xen, KVM and OpenVZ instances. Using Cloudmin you can create, destroy, resize, startup, shutdown and restrict multiple instances using different virtualization technologies from a single interface. It also has a full command line API that can be used to manage virtual systems from a shell script or via HTTP requests."

Yeah that looks good. Seems like a commercial product. I just made this so I could manage my vps's on my dedi. Also I have only 1 dedicated ip, so this lets me setup a vps quickly and lets me use a private ip I can then forward ports to on the control panel. I've spent a grand total of 3 hours on it so far

• @sc754: Yes, the GPL version is limited to Xen & KVM. If you're interested you can have your work added to their third party modules list. You can submit it here: http://www.webmin.com/third.html

• If you uploaded this, I would add it as an option for a control panel for my clients! I love how simple it looks!

• @BuyMoreVM -- not sure if something like this would be ready for production use. Wouldn't you want something that's tested for at least several months? Right now that's either SolusVM or Feathur.

By the way, maybe you can make your signature a bit smaller? If you're here just to advertise then it's probably not the best place.

• @Grainga said:
    BuyMoreVM -- not sure if something like this would be ready for production use. Wouldn't you want something that's tested for at least several months? Right now that's either SolusVM or Feathur.

By the way, maybe you can make your signature a bit smaller? If you're here just to advertise then it's probably not the best place.

Well, ofcourse I would test it..

Yea, I didn't realize that it was so big.. Ill change it

• @BuyMoreVM -- yeah, contributions such as these are always great!

Much better with the signature :-) Let us know how it goes if you test!

• @Grainga said:
    BuyMoreVM -- yeah, contributions such as these are always great!

Much better with the signature :-) Let us know how it goes if you test!

Will do! I would like to see this go far!

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

/offtopic

When I see that username, I thought it was BuyMyVM

/endofftopic

Anyhow,

Looks good. I might try it just for the heck of it.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Suggestions: put it on github, see if others have more ideas and fork :D

• sc754 said: Yeah that looks good. Seems like a commercial product. I just made this so I could manage my vps's on my dedi. Also I have only 1 dedicated ip, so this lets me setup a vps quickly and lets me use a private ip I can then forward ports to on the control panel. I've spent a grand total of 3 hours on it so far

Fair enough. But you didn't know about that before?

If you want a free OVZ panel, Feathur is one to try. Not sure if it supports internal IPs, though.

• Ok, updated and done for now.

Install / download instructions are available here:
    http://fs5.co.uk/vpscontrol/install.txt

Enjoy :)

• If someone wants to edit / improve to include multi user or whatever then feel free, I just don't have the time to. You can always pm me with improvements and I'll provide the updates online.

• @mpkossen said:
    If you want a free OVZ panel, Feathur is one to try. Not sure if it supports internal IPs, though.

Well I know there are others, I've tried OpenVZ web panel but its not very secure. I've also tried Proxmox but that's just a monster when it comes to configuration. And cloudmin doesn't support OpenVZ on the free version. So this is why I made it, it's not very complicated, but it works. Setting up NAT containers that can communicate over the vlan is also a nice bonus for anyone wanting to use this. It's not intended to be a commercial product, just a useful interface.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu